An ANCIENT Geocoin Cointest

Tethys C

Jeletzkytes spedeni

George Jeletzky was a well know Canadian paleontologist who specialized in Cretaceous fossils. He and his peers loved to talk about the 'old days' before helicopters and 4-wheel drives when you got up into the mountains with your pack horses and tents and were gone all summer. I'll take the helicopters with a shower and bed at the end of the day!!! :)

Jeletzkytes spedeni

George Jeletzky was a well know Canadian paleontologist who specialized in Cretaceous fossils. He and his peers loved to talk about the 'old days' before helicopters and 4-wheel drives when you got up into the mountains with your pack horses and tents and were gone all summer. I'll take the helicopters with a shower and bed at the end of the day!!! :)

I'm guessing this wasn't one of the ones you used, though, right? ;)

Are we guessing Jurassic still? Kosmoceras sp.

Hey Bernice - are you looking for more ammonites!! ;)

Yes - the Early Jurassic was named but we are still looking for the Late Jurassic genus + the Late Cretaceous and Late Triassic.

Actual pictures of the ammonites are just over there to the left of these words!! :)

Are we guessing Jurassic still? Kosmoceras sp.

Hey Bernice - are you looking for more ammonites!! :)

Yes - the Early Jurassic was named but we are still looking for the Late Jurassic genus + the Late Cretaceous and Late Triassic.

Actual pictures of the ammonites are just over there to the left of these words!! ;)

Mais, oui!!! I don't have the silver ones yet :) and you know I'm not allowed to buy any more....are these ammonites specific to a certain area or world wide?

Gardengorrilla is looking for a hint.

I have found the Late Jurassic one on the west side of Harrison Lake, BC - but is found over much of the Northern Hemisphere. It has a friend Amaltheus that looks very similar but is Early Jurassic in age - it also has a 'keel'.

Titanites can get HUGE!!!

Big-One.jpg

Here is a picture of Terry from the Geological Survey of Canada next to an in situ ammonite fossil of Titanites - this was found near Fernie, BC.

Sorry I didn't use this one for a coin!! :)

DANG!!! :) I did not know they could get THAT big!!! Is that a small one? ;)

Disqualifying myself from this fun cointest as I will have two full sets of the beauties.

CF30

No - time is reset so all can play.

First make use of the pictures to the left of here or pictures of the coins as Landsharkz really did capture the look of the ammonites.

Google ammonites.fr - it is a French website with amazing pictures of ammonites.

You'll need to decide which aged ammonite you want to 'look' for and make sure you check the pictures carefully.

One post per person every 15 minutes.

Ready set go and hope you like the pictures.