Sisterhood and Brotherhood of the Traveling Cache/TB

Nochipra

Hi all,

I wanted to let you all know that I have started a new Traveling Cache (really a TB?). Here is the link to the info http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1227968 . I've decided to make this into a cointest for the FTR (First To Receive) since that person will be able to retrieve an unactivated geocoin along with the priveledge of being the first to trade items within the cache.

The catch is that you must be willing to forward this cache through the mail to the next recipient (preferable within a week of receiving it. Please make sure that the person you are going to send it to is responsible enough to keep it moving and send it to someone they know will keep it moving. PLEASE READ THE TB PAGE BEFORE POSTING FOR THIS CONTEST. I will be sending this small cache/tb in a 8.5 X 11 in. envelope to the FTR which should not cost more that $10 at the most hopefully much less. You can send it any way you choose but sending it this way with a customs form on it and basic international mail should still keep it low if sending overseas. It is up to you though whom you would like to send it to.

ONE POST PER CACHING NAME! IF YOUR ADDRESS IS IN THE ONLINE ADDRESS BOOK THAT WAS CREATED BY MOUSEKAKAT (here is the thread regarding that http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=175199&hl= )PLEASE INDICATE IN YOUR POST. IF NOT PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH YOUR ADDRESS TO ENTER AND ALSO POST HERE AS WELL COMPLETING THE SENTANCE.

I will be choosing the FTR winner by random number generator and you will not know if you are the FTR winner until you get it. PLEASE IF YOU ARE THE FTR WINNER PLEASE POST HERE SO EVERYONE WILL KNOW THAT YOU WERE THE WINNER. I would also ask that anyone who receives it please post your log to the TB number attached to the log book and log when you send it out. Also if you could please post here as well it would be appreciated. I hope this will be just as fun as receiving a mission and hope you all enjoy it. PLEASE DO NOT POST TO RECEIVE IT IF YOU CANNOT FULLFILL THE REQUIREMENTS. THANK YOU.

To enter the contest finish this sentance in your post: I would love to be the FTR this cache/TB because...

CONTEST ENDS SUNDAY JUNE 8, 2008 AT MIDNIGHT (EST) SO I CAN GET IT INTO THE MAIL ON MONDAY.

EDIT: PLEASE make sure your post is part of your entry for the contest by completing the sentance otherwise it will be difficult to do a random number generator pick with gaps in the entry posts. Thank you.

Edited by Nochipra

Just logged my first actual "traveling cache" I met the cacher while finding a cache at GW6 and he had it with him...Easiest dang double 5 star cache I have done...actually the first one too! ;) Heres the link to "Keep it Moving" http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...c0-9688dcbe35be

It was a "grandfathered" traveling cache, as they are not permitted any longer in GC.com

I would love to be able to recieve this cache some day...I too have thought about how this could be done, but I was thinkin more of the lines of just a Mystery cache much like the one I got to "find", but after finding out that it is no longer permitted, I really havent thought about it since. Great idea! Who needs smileys anyway! :)

I've never seen or heard of anything like this before. What a neat idea, and thanks for including a contest along with it.

I would love to be the FTR this cache/TB because I don't get to go out to do much caching these days, and when I do I'm rarely the one to actually spot the cache first.

Good luck to everyone participating!

I would love to be the FTR this cache/TB because...

On it's first trip, it would cross the Continent. On it's second trip, It would go to Texas, to my brother, Semper Questio, who is presently recovering from a very serious caching accident. He is currently in a wheelchair, (he is expected to get out of it), and can't do the caching he really wants to right now. I think this would help raise his spritis a tad.

Interesting to see that GC.com are now allowing this type of cache again. I thought they were banned a couple of years back, and that only caches that required the use of a GPSr were published.

Had one in my hands once from the UK - Cuckoo cache, a TB and a cache in one.

Must check.

Edit - Ah, I see, the GC9D2E cache was published in 2002. Will meet grandfather clauses.

All is clarified.

And the other is a TB.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

... today my knees again hurt quite bad and I am not sure if I can go out caching this weekend and find my 500th cache as planned (counter is now at 492). Maybe I can go, maybe not, it always depends, every day is different (well I guess I go anyway and try to ignore the pain if it is not too bad, in my case it's better to move than to stay at home even if its no fun...). Having a cache that comes to you when you can't go out is a wonderful idea!

This is such a cool idea for people who have health problems and can't go out every day! Too bad that Groundspeak doesn't allow them anymore...

My address is in the database.

On it's first trip, it would cross the Continent. On it's second trip, It would go to Texas, to my brother, Semper Questio, who is presently recovering from a very serious caching accident. He is currently in a wheelchair, (he is expected to get out of it), and can't do the caching he really wants to right now. I think this would help raise his spritis a tad.

Before it croses he continent, May I see, hold and sign it :) . . . PLEASE:D (pretty please???)

If you are sending it domestic, you can do that size envelope as Priority Mail for under $5.00. I think it is $4.70 right now, but need to double check. Has this been done before? I was thinking of doing that with the GS Lackey Coin I was given at GWVI.

You can ship anything that will fit in the envelope provided on the Priority Mail, regardless of weight. I don't know what the postage is for international. Looking at the Cache, I'm not sure it would fit in a $4.70 evnelope, but there is a larger size too.

Since I'm out on the road, and only check my mail every several weeks, I wouldn't be able to guarantee sending it off in about a week, so I guess...

I would love to be the FTR this cache/TB because...I saved you 5 Bucks on postage.

isn't really going to cut it. I would love to recieve the Cache, but I can't promise to live up to the goal in a timely manner. This is a great idea, thanks. We'll see how it works and then I'll give more thought to doing the same with my GS Lackey Coin. i'm not sending my address, I just wanted to get in on the fun discussion. Don't count this post.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I'd like to be FTR on this because I got hurt in a caching accident last January that lrequired major surgery and left me in the hospital for a month. Since then I've been in a wheelchair and have only gotten a few micros here and there. I'd love to get my hands on an actual regular sized container again. It would gt 1/2 way across the country on this first hop (VA to TX), then it would go the rest of the way to my brother in WA. With all his coin contacts, I'm sure he could send it somewhere interesting next.

I would love to be the FTR this cache/TB because I am a student and I have been really busy with finals lately, and have not had any time to cache recently, and it would be nice to have a cache I could find without leaving home.

My address is on the list.

Edited by OwlCacher

Ok, everyone. This is it!!! The launch of the Sisterhood and Brotherhood of the Traveling Cache/TB. And yes technically this is a travel bug but a little more fun since it's also a cache. A NAME HAS BEEN CHOSEN FOR THE FTR HONOR!!! Please, once you receive it post that you received it here so everyone will know as well as logging it on the TB page and also please log it when you have sent it to someone else so that we know it is not in your hands (JUST FOR CLARIFICATION: IT DOES NOT HAVE A GC NUMBER LIKE A REGULAR CACHE, ONLY A TRAVEL BUG ATTACHED TO THE LOG BOOK) You don't have to let the next person know it is coming to them though unless you choose to do so. I have the package ready and hopefully will be getting it out tomorrow (Monday). I will post here once it is shipped. Have fun with it everyone and keep an eye on your mail because you may be the FIRST TO RECEIVE :wub:

Edited by Nochipra

Ok, everyone. The cache/tb is in the mail. I didn't get it out yesterday as I had hoped but I did today so keep an eye out for your mail. The FTR could be you!!! When sending it to others please make sure it is packaged properly so that it won't get messed up in the mail. Thank you.

Call it what you want, it's still not a geocache. It's a Travel bug. If you want it to be a geocache, the page will be archived. It's a Travel Bug. Traveling caches are not approved, not allowed. It's a Travel Bug.

I think we already got the point, thanks anyway.

I hope to receive this Travel Bug at some stage, I will still secretly consider it to be a travelling cache :blink:

WAHOOO!!!!! We were the FIRST TO RECEIVE!!!!!!

I went to the post office, once again expecting nothing but bills. But wait, a yellow mailer...maybe the reverse souvenir mission I thought. But no....it was/is the traveling cache/ travelingTB!!! Such excitment that brought to my morning.

We will take some pictures and get this on its way before the end of the week...I'll post when it gets on its way.

Big Thanks for making us First to Receive!!!!!

Call it what you want, it's still not a geocache. It's a Travel bug. If you want it to be a geocache, the page will be archived. It's a Travel Bug. Traveling caches are not approved, not allowed. It's a Travel Bug.

Can I call it a Cache Bug? If so please change the title to Sisterhood and Brotherhood of the Traveling Cache Bug. I would not want to risk this being archived and I will change the title in on the travel bug page also.

I have sent in to the Gmail list to have my name and address added.

I have had a Traveling Cache for a while now.

3 Years or so and it has been around too.

TBMZ6E GEO*S TRAVELING CACHE

I think some of the others have a better purpose for a FTF on this one but please add me to the future list of places for it to travel.

I like creative ideas like this.

Yes a Travel Bug!!