Interesting Natural Photos While Caching

I have been caching for five months and have taken photos of all sorts of gnome holes, knobby trees and strange outcroppings. What is your favorite pix of something mother nature created found while caching.

Here is one that creeps me out. Check out the all seeing eye of a gaurdian that watches over one of my caches.

06-01-08_1439.jpg

Big Pix

Edited by Headhardhat

During one of our caching runs back in early 2005 along a hiking trail in a nearby state park we ran across a small tree growing in the middle of a rotted old stump.

47092bae-40dd-444d-a280-89e79dbb3c0a.jpg

We were pretty new and actually lost the manual to our old eTrax and when we went back we found it on the ground near this site. It kind of seemed like a sign and we really liked the tree so we check on it whenever we were back hiking there. This was a year later.

89663dc7-7564-42f6-be2d-0e637dbe0594.jpg

But then a few months ago we went back to get finds on a handful of new caches that were hidden there and as we were searching for a new one we realized that it was near our tree. Turns out the cache was actually hidden IN the stump of our old tree (which has grown a lot since then)! I don't have a picture of the current condition with me but we definitely snapped a few (but didn't add them to the cache gallery as that would totally give it away).

A really lovely big old tree.

d5ffbdff-48af-4c29-8b11-9f94e9c98b1e.jpg

A barred owl out and about during the daytime.

3d904b1b-283a-4548-b5f7-ab9ab91f31cf.jpg

A natural arch in Bar Harbor.

e2a430d6-78f2-4b8e-8dab-a1096859c3cb.jpg

A snail munching a mushroom.

9e8beaac-5ea4-4a75-95cc-8b8ddf238c97.jpg

Dandelions growing up through a thick layer of asphalt. Nature's resilience at work!

c647ee42-18f0-4e54-a26b-fb83e491f9b3.jpg

Blue ice waterfall. The picture doesn't do justice to what a deep turquoise blue that the ice was!

d2dab18d-3598-4437-90b7-63e1d9014455.jpg

cool - when did you shoot this? i would love to see something like this.

rsg

July of last year, Port Crescent State Park, Michigan, in the tip of the thumb. Near this DNF. We thought it might be a small Massasauga rattlesnake (our only venomous snake) but apparently it isn't.

It's the second time I've seen that. One surprised me in my garden one day. It really freaked me out that time -- I thought the snakes head was split or something.

Edited by Dinoprophet

During one of our caching runs back in early 2005 along a hiking trail in a nearby state park we ran across a small tree growing in the middle of a rotted old stump.

47092bae-40dd-444d-a280-89e79dbb3c0a.jpg

We were pretty new and actually lost the manual to our old eTrax and when we went back we found it on the ground near this site. It kind of seemed like a sign and we really liked the tree so we check on it whenever we were back hiking there. This was a year later.

89663dc7-7564-42f6-be2d-0e637dbe0594.jpg

But then a few months ago we went back to get finds on a handful of new caches that were hidden there and as we were searching for a new one we realized that it was near our tree. Turns out the cache was actually hidden IN the stump of our old tree (which has grown a lot since then)! I don't have a picture of the current condition with me but we definitely snapped a few (but didn't add them to the cache gallery as that would totally give it away).

How about a pine tree keeping the tail section of an airplane, stationary for 64 years? GC10028

th_DSC_0045.jpg

th_DSC_0041.jpg