What's it worth?

I haven't done but will relish the time when I do! :rolleyes: I've crawled through tunnels, waded out through shallow lakes in winter in the middle of the Welsh mountains but not swam out to one. A little salute of respect to you. There's one in the lake district that you have to swim out to - on my to do list! :lol:

Anyone know of any that can only be reached by rope swing? :lol: That would be one worth doing!

michaeldive.jpg

My son Michael (12) retrieving the co-ords for a 5* cache at Stoney Cove in Liecestershire. It was the first dive he made as a qualified diver and we managed to tie it in with this cache.

20,000 Leagues Under The Pub! - GCTRRP

Edited: Speeling :)

Edited by studlyone

michaeldive.jpg

My son Michael (12) retrieving the co-ords for a 5* cache at Stoney Cove in Liecestershire. It was the first dive he made as a qualified diver and we managed to tie it in with this cache.

Edited: Speeling :)

Well done that man.. That has to be one of the best caching pictures ever.

Did a 5 star cache yesterday by swimming to it, (bit b!**dy cold) with pen 'twixt teeth. I believe a boat was required... hence the 5* rating. Anyone else chosen to dip their toe rather than mess about? MaxKim.

I forsee a new series of caches around West Yorkshire.

"Maxkim's Madness" - each cache increasingly harder to retrieve, how far will he go folks? :)

Edited: Speeling ;)

Well done that man.. That has to be one of the best caching pictures ever.

He was well happy, I must admit I enjoyed it as well - just as the name of the cache suggests it was very, very close to a pub :) (you can swim through its foundations on the way to the cache info board).

This is me on my swim back from doing the Muggle This! cache which is another classic Jerryo cache, it was at the time, six foot underwater in the river Wear. It did take a bit of doing as the cache was on a slab on the river bed and the small fishes did like to have a nibble!! ;)

Mrs Hiker thought I was nuts, but was quite happy to photograph me! :)

12b28b8f-bb5d-46a1-83a4-75eb570f3f9c.jpg

The cache still exsists but it is now a climb (using the correct equipment) from a bridge. GCXKD3

The deepest I've been is a waist height wade, but I've sent my daughter off on a whale!

At five foot and half an inch I only just managed to wade across. Went prepared in swimming gear!

Pick the shallow route next time! :)

Of course once it's over a certain height, usually accompanied by a sharp breath and a rude exclamation, it doesn't matter much! ;):):(

Did a 5 star cache yesterday by swimming to it, (bit b!**dy cold) with pen 'twixt teeth. I believe a boat was required... hence the 5* rating. Anyone else chosen to dip their toe rather than mess about? MaxKim.

As with scottpa 100 I have completed a few of these and even set some [one in the last week !]

but generally speaking I don't like to get my body too wet !

For those who have an interest in these and similarly foolhardy and extreme caches take your pick from a bookmark listing that lists all of these in the U.K.

Any missing please let me know

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...ae-e0f56c7c6c5c

If this was rodz 'O is for overboard' cache, you could have got to it from the other side without getting your feet wet !

You could have walked to it as I did on a wet and cold Halloween last year ! :):):(