It knows where I went...how do I erase that?

Still figuring out my eTrex Legend.

We went out last night to try and find a cache and weren't successful - its not the cache, many other users posted successful results, said it was easy to find.

I used the "compass" screen to help, but it kept going wonky and just when I thought I was 2 feet away, it said oops no, 30 feet in that other direction. So I'm going to back there tonight and use the map zoomed all the way in.

I was looking at that today, and it shows our tracks from last night - how do I erase that, but not the waypoint thats saved?

I'm not familar with how to get to the Menu options on the Legend, but on my Vista HCx, from the Trip Odometer screen, and then Menu, there are many Reset options, including clearing Tracks.

Sometimes, when I am in difficult terrain and the arrow is less than helpful, I use the "Satellite" screen and try to match the numbers to the coordinates of the cache. You might give that a try on your return trip.

I'm not familar with how to get to the Menu options on the Legend, but on my Vista HCx, from the Trip Odometer screen, and then Menu, there are many Reset options, including clearing Tracks.

Sometimes, when I am in difficult terrain and the arrow is less than helpful, I use the "Satellite" screen and try to match the numbers to the coordinates of the cache. You might give that a try on your return trip.

THANK YOU!!

That did it! :rolleyes: