Domehead Geocoin

fam.bergum

I know this topic comes up every now and then, but what about copyright issues on this one? I would assume that LucasArts (or whatever the right entity is) would be pretty upset about this. Don't they protect their intellectual property pretty agressively?

What did the LE version look like? It didn't come up when I clicked the button...

If I remember correctly I think it had blue glitter? Looked the most like the real R2D2 I think. Looks like they all sold out now. When we get ours I'll try to post a pic if I remember.

I know this topic comes up every now and then, but what about copyright issues on this one? I would assume that LucasArts (or whatever the right entity is) would be pretty upset about this. Don't they protect their intellectual property pretty agressively?

I don't see where the copyright issue was addressed. Can someone answer this?

It was brought up to C3P0 who in turn talked to Luke which I'm sure he ran it past George. :blink:

Can the producer of the coins answer this now since he is back?

Can the producer of the coins answer this now since he is back?

http://www.lucasfilm.com/press/news/news20061011.html

I love this cute cute coin I want to trade for it but it's not a geocaching jedi mystery coin or a fan personal coin so I can't waaah cause i want the kids to grow up being good waaah unless the minter bites the bullet and answers this question upfront; Why the silence? I know the crystalfairy was granted the use of the copyrighted artwork free, the coexist coin also carries approval. There's so many coins now that are plain commercial in nature ..... the pink floyd coin .... and the mint well they say it's not their responsibility, and then we buy them cause it's not our responsibility.

It's sensible to have some sort of copyright but it can be taken a bit far - GC for heaven's sake seems to want to patent the dictionary themselves and not allow "you are the search engine" on the australia coin, do they address the issue properly and ask for proof of approval for TM items? (deadset you'd have to have been born under a rock not to know the icon!) before allowing the sale of tracking numbers and uploading questionable material to the site.