How do I get PQ's into Palm SD card?

I don't use cachemate, but I had the same problem with spnner/plucker. My Palm sync wouldn't work on the laptop with vista, so I just stick the card in the card reader and drag the file into the proper directory of the card. Works great, and is actually faster than the sync would be.

I'm not sure if I completely understand your problem, but here is what I do.

From GSAK, do an Export CacheMate PDB. The next time you do a sync, the CacheMate file will be upload to your Palm.

If your problem is that you can no longer sync your Palm, that's another problem. After doing the above routine, you might try dragging the newly created file from your PC to the SD card using a card reader.

I don't use cachemate, but I had the same problem with spnner/plucker. My Palm sync wouldn't work on the laptop with vista, so I just stick the card in the card reader and drag the file into the proper directory of the card. Works great, and is actually faster than the sync would be.

This is what I do, too. Spent TOO long trying to figure out how to do it directly to the card before using a card reader.

The directory you want to drag the .pdb file to on the SD card is Launcher.

I cannot sync my Palm. I want to use the expansion card. I know how to get the file to the Palm Quick Install area where my option is to place the file in 'Handheld' or 'Expansion Card'. But what do I do from there? What do I need on the SD card? I can't find "Launcher" on either Cachemate or Palm.

You need a separate card reader. Or, perhaps, your computer has one built in?

Remove the card from the PDA, and insert it in the reader.

Depending on the reader, you will have several new drives available in 'My Computer' on your desktop.

Some experimentation may be necessary to discover which of the new drives is the one that reads the SD card...when you find it, rename it SD card! Then you can find it easily next time.

'Launcher' is one of the possible folders on the 'drive' that is your card.

When you have created the .pdb file using GSAK, drag it into (and copy it there) the 'Launcher' folder on the SD card.

Once the .pdb file has been copied, remove the card from the reader and put it in your PDA. Under normal circumstances, Cachemate will detect the new .pdb file, and will prompt you to update your records on the PDA.

Feel free to contact me privately if you need more than this.