Coin Patterns?

Crowesfeat30

Today I went to The City Museum here in St. Louis - and if you should ever come to visit here, The City Museum is a MUST DO! Up on the second floor there was a lady, Marion Nichols, who was inviting folks to come in & try their hand at making snowflakes. And not just ordinary snowflakes:

CityMuseum015c.jpgCityMuseum017c.jpg

CityMuseum018c.jpgCityMuseum019c.jpg

CityMuseum021c.jpgCityMuseum024c.jpg

CityMuseum025c.jpgCityMuseum026c.jpg

CityMuseum027c.jpgCityMuseum033c.jpg

Pt. 1

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Pt.2

CityMuseum036c.jpgCityMuseum041c.jpg

I imediatlely thought that some of these designs would make wonderful geocoins. I went in and tried my hand. She did not have a raven or crow but she did have this one:

CityMuseum032.jpg

seen under black light... :D

I spoke with her about geocaching and she was familiar with our sport tho she had not participated. I asked her if she would mind if I posted the pictures I'd taken here and she was delighted and when I asked if she would mind if any of her designs became geocoins she said that she would love to see that. Sooooo, If anyone would like to use her snowflakes in a geocoin design, please feel free to do so. She has six or eight snowflake design books - sea animals, dinosaurs, holidays, musical instruments, lots of stuff - but they are only available in The City Museum gift store. However, I have her contact information and perhaps she would send one to you if you ask. I hope you enjoy these pictures. :grin: And that they give some of you ideas! :grin:

CF30

that is SO cool!

We had this freak snowstorm down here in the Ocala National Forest the other day and the derschlings went out with these special glass slides where if you could catch a single snowflake you could put the slide in this gizmo and it photographs it!!

My youngest caught this one:

0d2a5a55-e57d-4dcd-b5aa-45853ee41bba.jpg

'course dad derschling thought it was mighty cool :grin:

I'd love to see some of these snowflakes end up as coins.

I'm positive they'd make much prettier snowflakes and coins than I'm finding down here in Fla. :grin:

before anyone goes nutso making geocoin designs out of this lady's snowflake art, be sure to get written permission from her to do so. protect yourself from copyright violations.

lara

I spoke with her personally today and she stated that she would not mind anyone using her patterns for a coin design. I also have contact info - phone number & mailing address if anyone would feel more comfortable contacting her before finalizing a coin design.

She knows about geocaching so is not completely in the dark about our obsession. :grin:

CF30

Wow, those are pretty awesome snowflakes. Too bad it's so far away, it seems like a great place to visit.

I completely lack any artistic talent of any nature.

I live here and if anyone would like me to pick up a pattern book for them, let me know. I can pick one (or more up for you & mail it to you. :grin:

CF30

All of the snowflakes are brilliant, I hope she'll be able to read this thread.

She's a true artist, and I just can't decide which is the nicest. As coins it should be a series! :rolleyes: All of them, please!

But being quite partial to cats (as well as nealy all animals....) I thing I'd favour the tigers!

I've never seen such stunning artwork, makes our christmas decoration of cut out snowflakes look very kindergarten now.

Next season they won't go up, I'll use the stars made of straw!!!!

Kind Regards, ElliPirelli

WOW! I love the design in you second post with pictures, the first photo! It is the one with the birds, near the koala design!!!! Absolutely amazing!!!!

Yes, That one is one of her "hard" designs. Many of her designs have a "easy" and a "hard" version. Easy being good for children (& clumsy adults) to cut out and hard for the more accomplished paper cutters. That one had about a two foot diameter but all of her designs can be enlarged or, more importantly, shrunk without losing detail.

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30