Mysterious Bottle Found in Tree

Is a bottle in a tree mysterious? Or is the tree actually holding the bottle even more suspicious? According to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office in Colorado a 74-year-old man reported a suspicious activity to Jefferson County Sheriff's deputies at 4:21 p.m. May 22. The man, who lives on the 9500 block of Swarthmore Drive, told the deputies he saw someone leave something in a pine tree in a nearby park. A short time later, someone else removed the item from the tree. The deputies investigated the tree and found a small prescription bottle wrapped in camouflage tape. Inside the bottle was a small book with initials in it. The deputies determined the bottle was being used in a game of geocache and that no criminal activity had occurred. Good for the Sheriff's Office for not calling out the bomb squad and understanding the issue without creating a large-scale scene. It appears the cache, called What Quincy Lake???.

Good Golly! A rational response and no bomb squad or calling in the National Guard or arresting someone. Who woulda thunk it? What's the world coming to?

Ahaa!!! another under-trained old school police department that needs to replace their officers with some modern innovative personnel that think everyone is a threat. <_<

a 74-year-old man reported a suspicious activity to Jefferson County Sheriff's deputies

There is a cache close by my house that is across the street from one of the state correctional houses (Prison <_< ) I searched it out once but felt really weird like I was going to have a couple squad cars pull up on me and ask me what I was doing. I haven't found the cache yet...

...or more then likely, he considers the park across the street an extension of his property.

That's presumptuous.

Actually, everyone involved seems to have behaved appropriately.

I will assume that the CO clearly identified the container, which turned out to be the most important act in this whole story.

Good for the CO, good for the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, and good for the 74-year-old man for keeping an eye out in his neighborhood.

...or more then likely, he considers the park across the street an extension of his property.

I don't know, but it seems this situation was handled well by all. Someone sees something suspicious and calls the police, they check it out and see it is just a game, and not drug or other illegal activities, everyone is happy.

I sure wouldn't assume a muggle reporting such activity is anymore then a concerned citizen.

My question is: Did the officer sign the log? LOL I would have.

:grin:

If it happened here at least two officers and a deputy sheriff would have rushed to the scene to sign it.

And one officer from across the river in East Grand Forks would have found a way to get in on it.

........ at least if it was a new cache they hadn't found yet. :grin: