Visiting London and Salisbury

Hello, my family and I will be visiting the UK during July 8-17. We will be spending the 1st 3 or 4 days in London then taking the train to Salisbury to visit my cousin.

I will be bringing 8-10 TBs with me to start them in a race back to the USA. Can you suggest a good starting cache for these racers? It could be either in London or Salisbury. Or I could drop them individually in both places.

I was also thinking about having an Event to Meet and Greet other cachers. Maybe Saturday July 12 or Sunday afternoon July 13. I would guess that the attendance would be larger on the weekend than on a weekday. I have no idea where to have it. In the US, we have them at restuarants or nature centers. Can you suggest a place, day and time?

Cheers,

David, Nancy, Mike & Kim, aka TeamMcG pronounced mick g

Georgia, USA

... and we haven't done "Regent's Park - a Very Secret Spot" in London, but many cachers have told me it's an excellent cache, in a lovely place and it appears to be a good-sized box.

MrsB :mad:

(OK, I've probably said enough now, I'll go quietly... :) )

No, no, no...you're doing a great job, MrsB. Would you also like to mention about the new 'QMRG; A Blooming Walk' cache nearby :o

Edited by goldpot

... and we haven't done "Regent's Park - a Very Secret Spot" in London, but many cachers have told me it's an excellent cache, in a lovely place and it appears to be a good-sized box.

MrsB B)

(OK, I've probably said enough now, I'll go quietly... :) )

No, no, no...you're doing a great job, MrsB. Would you also like to mention about the new 'QMRG; A Blooming Walk' cache nearby ;)

As we are listing goldpot's great caches ... Primrose Hill: Picnic Pot (see we have forgiven you for getting the FTF on RSPB Stag party! ;) )

There is also Cara's College in the park as well.

Thanks to all for your input. To make a longer race I have decided to start the coins in Salisbury. I have asked a local cacher to place a new cache large enough for coins and to generate interest.

I also am working on having a 'Meet & Greet' Event on Saturday July 12 in Salisbury.

Cheers and thanks.