Advanced Nuvi Macro

I just used the "Owned" feature for the first time to identify a different cacher that I wanted to key on without a separate database. I noticed the following:

1. The nuvi uses a different tone to identify the "owned" cache. That makes sense and easily compensated for.

2. The "lips" do not show up for the "owned" ones so you can't easily get to the cache page in the POI file. Is this normal?

3. And, really not part of the macro (I assume) but I noticed that the Favorites Treasure chest doesn't appear on-screen for nearby "Owned" caches. I have the caches loaded both in the POI and the Favorites because I like to see them show up on screen when driving - which the POI don't do (unless you are zoomed way in). Not sure how the Garmin connects the two (POI and Favorite) entries.

Somewhere along the line there was a suggestion that owned caches should not create TourGuide alerts. Maybe there should be an option to toggle that.

j

Just got a Nuvi 255w and stumbled on your "advanced macro". Very cool functionality. It's the main reason I chose a Nuvi.

Why does the macro name the categories "Tourguide"? So what I see are the various cache types with the word "TourGuide" behind each. Earth TourGuide, Multi TourGuide etc.. Can this category/folder name be controlled?

Also, FYI I had to manually copy the Sox.exe file from the intended source to target directory on my Windows Vista PC as your script was not authorized and could not gain that authorization to do the copy. I assume this sox.exe program is used in the tourguide sound notification. Once it was copied over manually by me then I did not get the error anymore.

Thanks again

-cheeto-

I read the previous pages but could not find the answer to my question. I wanted to use the custom POI Icons for the size of the traditional caches. Once the macro is run, I have to go into the folder and manually put the .bmp files into the POI_Loader folder. Is there a way that I am missing that the macro should do this automatically?

jjreds,

I am a recent convert from pilotsnipes macro to yours (per his suggestion). I have been using your macro for about a week. I like the added functionality that your macro has.

I looked through all 20+ pages and did not find anything addressing a problem I am having – I apologize if I missed it. Here goes:

I use the nuvi macro for Benchmarking. The macro appears to have a problem parsing the benchmark entries into proper categories. If I start with a GSAK database containing only benchmarks, the output of your macro does not put all entries under the BENCHMARK category. With one benchmark database it put one entry into LOCATIONLESS and more than 50 into the MYSTERY category.

Maybe I am just not using the macro properly. On the off chance that I am using it correctly, could the fix be as simple as having the macro check the waypoint name and then automatically say that any name that does not start with “GC” should go into the BENCHMARKING category rather than MYSTERY, LOCATIONLESS, etc?

Thanks for the great macro!!

--TillaMurphs

Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed in v7.5.1

j

jjreds,

I use the nuvi macro for Benchmarking. The macro appears to have a problem parsing the benchmark entries into proper categories. If I start with a GSAK database containing only benchmarks, the output of your macro does not put all entries under the BENCHMARK category. With one benchmark database it put one entry into LOCATIONLESS and more than 50 into the MYSTERY category.

--TillaMurphs

j

jjreds,

I tried v7.5.1 and still see the issue.

Starting with a GSAK database of 535 benchmarks (only) the macro categorizes one of them as LOCATIONLESS and 269 of them as MYSTERY. If it helps, I am using 760 nuvi.

Thanks again,

--TillaMurphs

jjreds,

--TillaMurphs

j

jjreds,

I tried v7.5.1 and still see the issue.

Starting with a GSAK database of 535 benchmarks (only) the macro categorizes one of them as LOCATIONLESS and 269 of them as MYSTERY. If it helps, I am using 760 nuvi.

Thanks again,

--TillaMurphs

In GSAK goto the waypoint edit screen for the loacationless benchmark. (right click, edit)

What does the "Type" say?

j

In GSAK goto the waypoint edit screen for the loacationless benchmark. (right click, edit)

j

It says "locationless".

...and for the MYSTERYs it says "mystery" under the type.

Perhaps this is a GSAK issue?

Thanks for your help.

jjreds,

--TillaMurphs

j

It says "locationless".

...and for the MYSTERYs it says "mystery" under the type.

Perhaps this is a GSAK issue?

Thanks for your help.

jjreds -

Using your hint about cache type, I have located the source of the issue. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR GREAT MACRO or GSAK. The issue comes from the program that I use to convert the NGS benchmark datasheets to GPX files. The program I use is NGS>>GPX and it has an option to delineate certain benchmarks as LOCATIONLESS or MYSTERY types. I just had to uncheck the option box for that and now the GPX file has all the benchmarks listed as TYPE = benchmark.

So, there was no problem with your macro or the NGS>>GPX program – the fault was with me not investigating all of the options in the NGS>>GPX program.

Thanks for all your attention and prompt responses. Sorry to bother you about this.

Best regards and keep up the good work,

--The TillaMurphs

I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, but I've been using the older version of this macro and loving it. Haven't upgraded yet, but what I'd really like is to see the caches in my area on the map screen - like I do on my 60Cx when it has caches loaded on it.

If I set alerts when I load the POI, it'll show me any nearby caches as the expense of an annoying red popup which covers up my turn by turn switch OR a giant gray popup notice that blocks out any directions.

I really like seeing them on my map screen so I can do that "opportunistic caching". You know... you go to Target and see there's a cache on the way home. I'm bad at just looking in the POI list, so seeing them on the map screen would be ideal.

I set the detail to max, but that didn't seem to help. So I'm not sure if this is possible, but I figured maybe this macro addresses that or someone in the thread can point me in the right direction.

Ok. Then what I noticed was "normal". I understand why you normally wouldn't want "owned" ones to alert. Especially if you have a bunch of them. But to expand the use apply to "specific" cachers, it would help. Yes, a toggle would work for me.

ok v7.6 does that

j

Edited by jjreds

OK by now I know you see lots of help me msgs.. Is there any one who has done a video walk thru on how to set this all up? I love GSAK and have from the begining. :) I dont know and am sure I am not doing everything the easy way but for now I can do what I want and get what I want onto my nuvi 360. Well untill now. I am getting into benchmarks and want to load these too. But I would like to have the info you get from gc.com as well as from the government. I like the looks of this new macro but cant figure it out. We downloaded it but didnt think we installed it and we proceeded to load our latest queries and took of for the day of caching only to find something new in our Custom POI folder on the Nuvi. :D We had 3 folders but 2 were identical and the "All Caches" folder had all the listings in duplicate. I would like to know if these folders can be set by me? Like one for easy caches, puzzle caches, and one for benchmarks and so on. Sorry so much info but very lost. I think I am wanting to go from just learning to use a calculater to trying to apply advanced calculus all in one step. :D What macros would I need and would it be possible to create a macro to manage this with little interaction from me?

quick edit.... i just noticed more info about my questions. Will look further, but will still welcome ideas.

Edited by TruckCentral&Family

Hello, i have a question, please.

How can i reset all my changes to this macro?

There is anyway that disabled caches can appear with another icon (with a cross, for example).

And, finally, there is anyway that the micro and other appear with another simbol?

(There exist any manual?)

Thank you so much.

Ok. Then what I noticed was "normal". I understand why you normally wouldn't want "owned" ones to alert. Especially if you have a bunch of them. But to expand the use apply to "specific" cachers, it would help. Yes, a toggle would work for me.

ok v7.6 does that

j

Hmm. I solved that by using the Advanced Options/Custom Alert Style.../

and then setting 'Placed caches' to a Tourguide Radius of 1 m.

Or is there something I'm missing that the new options solves that the above doesn' t?

Hello, i have a question, please.

How can i reset all my changes to this macro?

There is anyway that disabled caches can appear with another icon (with a cross, for example).

Yes, there is. Under Advanced Options/Custom Alert Style...

you can set special icons for many different types.

And, finally, there is anyway that the micro and other appear with another simbol?

Below that there is a second page for sliced/diced trad, which you reach by clicking' Traditionals [slice and Dice]' . Where you can again specify special icons for each size of traditionals.

Note that you have to also turn on the ' slice and dice traditionals' main option.

I posted a few icons for that (just standard cache icons with a letter indicating the size) here a few days ago.

scroll back in the thread to see them.

What is missing is slicing/dicing by size for multis/mysteries etc, only exists for trads at this point..

ok v7.6 does that

j

Hmm. I solved that by using the Advanced Options/Custom Alert Style.../

and then setting 'Placed caches' to a Tourguide Radius of 1 m.

Or is there something I'm missing that the new options solves that the above doesn' t?

That wasn't working right either. To be consistent, the behavior now is that placed caches will alert according to "Alert Type?" and if "Alert Type?" is "Custom" then they can be customized.

Sejtam, your testing and comments have been very helpful over the last few months. Thanks.

j

ok v7.6 does that

j

Thank you!!!! For those wondering what this was about: I found that the macro will apply a special category to cache records that match the Owner ID entered into the macro on page one. Then, someone noted that they have several Owner IDs (children, I believe) so the macro would accept multiple Owner IDs.

This allowed me to enter my Owner ID and one or more (up to five) other Owner IDs that would be segregated out. Purpose: There are days when I'd like to search for all caches placed by one (or two) specific cachers (they are prolific). This allowed me to enter their Owner ID and I only needed to pull up that category on the nuvi to see where the next ones were located. Originally, the macro would not "ding" or show them on the screen when I got within the Alert Radius so I'd just bypass them on the road. This fixes that.

Thanks again. Will test it out this week.

Sometimes there's a theme - like at Easter there were two series of "Easter Eggs" hidden by "G.I Joe" (all camo eggs) and the other was about "Famous Bunnies". They didn't all have any common word in the names but they were all hidden by the same cachers.

Plus, they had many other caches in the general area and were fun to find.

So the OwnerID field now can take up to 5 IDs. Should they be separated by spaces, commad, semicolons, others?

I tried using spaces on 7.6.1, but when I start the spoilersync macro there are many messages in a CMS window

'could not find filename or duplicate filename' or such (it went by quote fast).

Not sure it is due to 7.6.1 or the OwnerID field (or both)?

And then when I wanted to run the POI loader from the macro it tells me

The file C:\Program Files\gsak\POI_Loader\nuvi/Multi TourGuide.gpx is invalid. Do you want to continue?

I am adventurous and said yes, let's see what happens

Edited by sejtam

So, even with 1 OwnerID 7.6.1 created a 'bad GPX file'. The second time I ran into this I told POI_Loader not to continue. SO it went into 'manual mode', asked about all teh directories again, asked me about all the GPX files

and then complained again about Multi Tourguide.gpx being corrupt.

So then I deleted *all* GPX files from C:\Program Files\gsak\POI_Loader\nuvi, only leaving

the BMP files, SpoilerData, "no spoiler found" and JPEG images (from Spoilersync).

Then I re-ran the macro, (Generate GPX Files) but nothing is placed into that directory anymore?

How do I totally reset this to that it starts afresh?

More: I found that somehow all my macro-settings were gone/scrambled (the GeocacheName Format was set to 'False', the Waymarking Name Format to 'True', No of Logs to Display was 'True' (sic!)) etc.

Of course that also explains why nothing was written, as the output directory was also changed.

(Where does the macro save its settings?)

After I restored all that, I ran it (7.6.1) again, single Owner-ID

Again POI_Loader complains that Multi TourGuide.gpx is corrupt. It's large (6433 KB).

A quick eyeball scan doesn't show anything wrong (ie, the file does end with a proper </gpx> tag etc,

so it's not incomplete in that sense).

Running the macro against a smaller set (gsak filter) showed no problems.. hmm

A yet different run had POI_Loader complain about an 'error in line 1'.

The file that caused that starts like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='Windows-1252' standalone='no' ?>

<gpx xmlns='http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1' xmlns:gpxx = 'http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GpxExtensions/v3' creator='GPX_by_Cache_Type.gsk ver. 7.6.1, GPSr=Nuvi 3xx, Alert Type=TourGuide (Radius)' version='1

.1' xmlns:xsi = 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1 http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GpxExtensions/v3 http:/

/www8.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GpxExtensions/v3/GpxExtensionsv3.xsd'>

<metadata>

<desc>GPX output for Garmin POI Loader</desc>

<link href='http://jjreds01.googlepages.com/download'>

<text>GSAK GPX Macro</text>

</link>

<time>2009-06-02T22:08:34Z</time>

<bounds maxlat='53.000000' maxlon='-6.0000' minlat='53.000000' minlon='-6.000000'/>

</metadata>

I am downloading the Xerces XML validator so see if that can detect what's wrong.

jjreds: If that doesn't show the problem, how can I get a large file to you for checking?

Where can I re-download an older version (7.6?, 7.5)?

M

I have a question. Is there any way on a Nuvi (265) to see the text in the box that comes up with a cache alert bigger. My eyes have trouble with the small print. In advanced, I selected large text, but get an error that the spoiler is not installed. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

So maybe the issue with my GPX files coming out 'corrupted' recently is their size?

So I am thinking of changing my setup: Use several databases that get updated to the

nuvi.

Should be easy to do: create different filters, copy waypoints to each nuvi* db, run the macro

against each one.

have POI_Loader load from C:\Program Files\gsak\POI_LOADER (where it will find a subdir for

each database)..

However, what does one do when one no longer wants a particular database to be loaded? One will have to clear out that database's subdir below C:\Program Files\gsak\POI_Loader.

It would be nice if the macro had a button to do that 'properly' (rather than having to drop into Windows Exploder or such)..

What would also be nice if it could be automated to process several databases in a row, each with its own

settings. Maybe menu where one can select one/more of several databases with a stored settings for each, that get processed in sequence (possibly followed by a run of POI_Loader)?

1. So maybe the issue with my GPX files coming out 'corrupted' recently is their size?

So I am thinking of changing my setup: Use several databases that get updated to the

nuvi.

Should be easy to do: create different filters, copy waypoints to each nuvi* db, run the macro

against each one.

have POI_Loader load from C:\Program Files\gsak\POI_LOADER (where it will find a subdir for

each database)..

2. However, what does one do when one no longer wants a particular database to be loaded? One will have to clear out that database's subdir below C:\Program Files\gsak\POI_Loader.

It would be nice if the macro had a button to do that 'properly' (rather than having to drop into Windows Exploder or such)..

3. What would also be nice if it could be automated to process several databases in a row, each with its own

settings. Maybe menu where one can select one/more of several databases with a stored settings for each, that get processed in sequence (possibly followed by a run of POI_Loader)?

I might be able to help with a few of these, but some may have to fall to others. Yes, i'm using the most current macro version.

1. Shouldn't be having a problem with the files being too big. I've loaded a database of over 5000 caches with no problems. It sounds like one (or more) of your cache records is corrupted. Since you can load several of the filtered databases, I'd guess that the bad cache is in one of the others. Suggest creating a new database and reload all of your PQs into it. Then run the macro against that new one.

2. You don't have to empty the folder under "POI_Loader", just delete it (or move it). Yes, I do it with Explorer.

3. Since I only run the macro against 3 databases, this hasn't been an issue for me. But.... will leave to others to comment if a wanted feature.

1. Shouldn't be having a problem with the files being too big. I've loaded a database of over 5000 caches with no problems. It sounds like one (or more) of your cache records is corrupted. Since you can load several of the filtered databases, I'd guess that the bad cache is in one of the others. Suggest creating a new database and reload all of your PQs into it. Then run the macro against that new one.

Which is then going to fail. But how to find out which of the caches is the offending one?

My attempts with the XML validator tools failed (all windows zip files I tried downloading are corrupt, and

the macos version refused to run

2. You don't have to empty the folder under "POI_Loader", just delete it (or move it). Yes, I do it with Explorer.

Sure, but I am likely to forget. SO it would be nice if the macro could take care of that, esp if t had a

selector which databases are to be processed. it cld then have an option 'empty out poi-loader output folder for databases not processed in this run'. Alternatively a simple 'empty out all poi-loader folders' which one can use before processing the DBs one by one.

Macro settings are in two files in the macro folder:

1) GPX_by_Cache_Type_Alerts.db3 contains custom alert info.

2) GPX_by_Cache_Type.dat contains all other settings.

You can delete one or both of these files to return the macro to its defaults.

j

More: I found that somehow all my macro-settings were gone/scrambled (the GeocacheName Format was set to 'False', the Waymarking Name Format to 'True', No of Logs to Display was 'True' (sic!)) etc.

Of course that also explains why nothing was written, as the output directory was also changed.

(Where does the macro save its settings?)

After I restored all that, I ran it (7.6.1) again, single Owner-ID

Again POI_Loader complains that Multi TourGuide.gpx is corrupt. It's large (6433 KB).

A quick eyeball scan doesn't show anything wrong (ie, the file does end with a proper </gpx> tag etc,

so it's not incomplete in that sense).

Running the macro against a smaller set (gsak filter) showed no problems.. hmm

A yet different run had POI_Loader complain about an 'error in line 1'.

The file that caused that starts like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='Windows-1252' standalone='no' ?>

<gpx xmlns='http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1' xmlns:gpxx = 'http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GpxExtensions/v3' creator='GPX_by_Cache_Type.gsk ver. 7.6.1, GPSr=Nuvi 3xx, Alert Type=TourGuide (Radius)' version='1

.1' xmlns:xsi = 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xsi:schemaLocation='http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1 http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GpxExtensions/v3 http:/

/www8.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GpxExtensions/v3/GpxExtensionsv3.xsd'>

<metadata>

<desc>GPX output for Garmin POI Loader</desc>

<link href='http://jjreds01.googlepages.com/download'>

<text>GSAK GPX Macro</text>

</link>

<time>2009-06-02T22:08:34Z</time>

<bounds maxlat='53.000000' maxlon='-6.0000' minlat='53.000000' minlon='-6.000000'/>

</metadata>

I am downloading the Xerces XML validator so see if that can detect what's wrong.

jjreds: If that doesn't show the problem, how can I get a large file to you for checking?

Where can I re-download an older version (7.6?, 7.5)?

M

Thanks for sending the db. Your files load ok including the ones you sent with the following cache names:

<*)))><

+>..+,<[+++

Maybe POIL has an issue with a sound or symbol file.

j

So the OwnerID field now can take up to 5 IDs. Should they be separated by spaces, commad, semicolons, others?

I tried using spaces on 7.6.1, but when I start the spoilersync macro there are many messages in a CMS window

'could not find filename or duplicate filename' or such (it went by quote fast).

Not sure it is due to 7.6.1 or the OwnerID field (or both)?

And then when I wanted to run the POI loader from the macro it tells me

The file C:\Program Files\gsak\POI_Loader\nuvi/Multi TourGuide.gpx is invalid. Do you want to continue?

I am adventurous and said yes, let's see what happens

I did find a bug after all causing the dreaded invalid. Upgrade to v7.6.2 for the fix.

j

Semicolons

it used to not allow a space after the semicolon and the next ID but jjreds fixed that.

<<<CORRECTION>>>

Up to five CSV (comma separated values)

5 owner ID's separated by commas, not semicolons.

thanks

j

I'm using a Nuvi 265T with the simplest set up. All I need is found and unfound folders. It's working nicely by loading everything on a memory card.

My question is this. There are times when I need to disable the alerts. Since I have to use the Tourguide setting, I don't get the Proximity icon to turn them off. I tried using the proximity (on route) setting but that was confusing and setting it not to alert didn't even work.

Is loading everything on the card and pulling the card the only way to do disable the alerts?

Thanks

Randy

Randy -

I have the '760. Like you, sometimes I don't want to hear the alerts. On my GPS (probably yours, too) there is a "Settings" screen or "Wrench" icon. After selecting it, I can choose a "Proximity" icon. This is the area to choose how alerts are delivered. The selections presented on this screen are "Auto Play" for playing alerts normally, "Off" for no alert, and finally "Prompted" I haven't tried this choice as the other two fit my needs.

I'm using a Nuvi 265T with the simplest set up. All I need is found and unfound folders. It's working nicely by loading everything on a memory card.

My question is this. There are times when I need to disable the alerts. Since I have to use the Tourguide setting, I don't get the Proximity icon to turn them off. I tried using the proximity (on route) setting but that was confusing and setting it not to alert didn't even work.

Is loading everything on the card and pulling the card the only way to do disable the alerts?

Thanks

Randy

On the 265T, the Proximity icon isn't there permanently. It only shows up when there are Custom POI's loaded. For some reason, if I select Tourguide (Radius) in the macro, the Proximity icon isn't created. If I select Proximity (On Route) in the macro, the icon IS created but it seems to alert randomly (maybe I'm missing something) and unticking the checkbox doesn't shut off the alerts anyway.

I guess another question would be why doesn't the Tourguide selection create a working Proximity alerts icon in the settings screen.

Thanks for your help.

Randy -

I have the '760. Like you, sometimes I don't want to hear the alerts. On my GPS (probably yours, too) there is a "Settings" screen or "Wrench" icon. After selecting it, I can choose a "Proximity" icon. This is the area to choose how alerts are delivered. The selections presented on this screen are "Auto Play" for playing alerts normally, "Off" for no alert, and finally "Prompted" I haven't tried this choice as the other two fit my needs.

Thanks

Randy

I know that the Proximity Icon was not visible on mine until I started loading custom POIs. I never had the issues you are describing with my device. I suggest that you verify that you're using the recommended version of Garmin's POI Loader software and make sure that you've got the latest firmware for your 265T. Other than that, maybe it is an issue with the POIs you are loading. Perhaps loading just one PQ instead of a large number of them, may allow the unit to perform as expected. If it works, add additional PQs to the mix one at a time to see which one is "breaking" it. Then, it may be possible to analyze the troublesome PQ to further isolate the issue.

Good luck!

On the 265T, the Proximity icon isn't there permanently. It only shows up when there are Custom POI's loaded. For some reason, if I select Tourguide (Radius) in the macro, the Proximity icon isn't created. If I select Proximity (On Route) in the macro, the icon IS created but it seems to alert randomly (maybe I'm missing something) and unticking the checkbox doesn't shut off the alerts anyway.

I guess another question would be why doesn't the Tourguide selection create a working Proximity alerts icon in the settings screen.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your help.

I know that the Proximity Icon was not visible on mine until I started loading custom POIs. I never had the issues you are describing with my device. I suggest that you verify that you're using the recommended version of Garmin's POI Loader software and make sure that you've got the latest firmware for your 265T. Other than that, maybe it is an issue with the POIs you are loading. Perhaps loading just one PQ instead of a large number of them, may allow the unit to perform as expected. If it works, add additional PQs to the mix one at a time to see which one is "breaking" it. Then, it may be possible to analyze the troublesome PQ to further isolate the issue.

Good luck!

MassCache, is there only one file created in your Nuvi after you run the macro and POIloader? If so, what is the file extension? I have one file and it's named poi.gpi. Is that what it should be?

Thanks again.

I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, but I've been using the older version of this macro and loving it. Haven't upgraded yet, but what I'd really like is to see the caches in my area on the map screen - like I do on my 60Cx when it has caches loaded on it.

If I set alerts when I load the POI, it'll show me any nearby caches as the expense of an annoying red popup which covers up my turn by turn switch OR a giant gray popup notice that blocks out any directions.

I really like seeing them on my map screen so I can do that "opportunistic caching". You know... you go to Target and see there's a cache on the way home. I'm bad at just looking in the POI list, so seeing them on the map screen would be ideal.

I set the detail to max, but that didn't seem to help. So I'm not sure if this is possible, but I figured maybe this macro addresses that or someone in the thread can point me in the right direction.

I'm having the same problem/need on my Nuvi 350 and would love to see this function ... especially when downloading POIs for Caches Along A Route and driving along my route. It would be GREAT to visually see what might be coming up ahead (I have Cache Along A Route set to 0.5 mile either side of road) so that I can then set Tour Guide alerts to 100 feet instead of 500 feet (which can get annoying on long trips).

Is this available?

I'm having the same problem/need on my Nuvi 350 and would love to see this function ... especially when downloading POIs for Caches Along A Route and driving along my route. It would be GREAT to visually see what might be coming up ahead (I have Cache Along A Route set to 0.5 mile either side of road) so that I can then set Tour Guide alerts to 100 feet instead of 500 feet (which can get annoying on long trips).

Is this available?

Is this available?

If you want to see the caches ahead, you have to use the "Favorites" function of the Garmin Nuvi. That section of memory is limited to just 500 waypoints, including any personal waypoints you've entered like business addresses, friends and the HOME waypoint.

That is not part of this macro, which uses the POI capabilities and is essentially unlimited in how many caches can be entered. However, unless you zoom really, really close, you won't see them on the screen.

I have an RFE for the spoilersync macro.

Spoilersync has the ability to generate .HTML files for each cache (along with the images it downloads). While the nuvi macro doesn't need these, I now have a separate need, but would like to avoid running spoilersync twice over the same group of caches.

Could the spoilersync macro be amended to allow (optional) generation of these files, so that using only 1 run I get all the data I need?

thanks

Yes. It will be in the /garmin/poi folder. If there are more .gpi files in there, someother person/program has added them.

OK, that's all good so I'm still confused. Everything works as it should except for the creation of the Proximity Alerts icon that would allow me to turn off the alerts. Any ideas why Tourguide (Radius) won't cause the Nuvi to create that icon in the settings screen?

Pilotsnipes....while I have your attention. I want you to know that I appreciate all you've done here. You're a kind, generous and smart man. Thank you. Your macro worked flawlessly in my 350. Still trying to get jjreds to work in my 265.

Randy

Alerts icon that would allow me to turn off the alerts. Any ideas why Tourguide (Radius) won't cause the Nuvi to create that icon in the settings screen?

I actually don't have any idea sorry. Is there a chance perhaps this is in fact a small firmware bug with the unit? Perhaps a quick email to Garmin might shed some light on it? (Although it'll take a week for them to reply) :D

Alerts icon that would allow me to turn off the alerts. Any ideas why Tourguide (Radius) won't cause the Nuvi to create that icon in the settings screen?

I actually don't have any idea sorry. Is there a chance perhaps this is in fact a small firmware bug with the unit? Perhaps a quick email to Garmin might shed some light on it? (Although it'll take a week for them to reply) :D

He replied in one day........

Thank you for contacting Garmin International. I see what

you are looking for. Try loading the files again and instead of Express,

try selecting Manual and then select Proximity points and then Next.

That should put that option on your device.

With Best Regards,

Jeff P

Product Support Specialist

I had tried this before. Selected No Alerts in the macro and Manual settings in POI Loader. It gave what seemed to be erratic alerts (some caches alerted, others didn't) and they were that low pitched "bong" sound instead of the loud "ding" I got with your macro. Plus, the alert couldn't be shut off without pulling the memory card.

Thanks for your time.

Hi,

I tried this great macro on my brand new Nuvi 255T.

Everything worked fine with a sample of 20 caches, including spoilersync use.

Now, I am concerned about the memory size if I want to export more caches with picts.

What are the limits? Is it useful to buy a microSD? Which size? How to download on the microSD?

The answers might already be there on this forum, but if so I couldn't find it.

Please help and and many thanks for the macro.