Advanced Nuvi Macro

nice to have the ability to use separate icons for traditional by size

I'll second that, although where/what icons will you use!? I haven't seen any that show Trad caches by size...

I built my own, by using Paint, moving the 'box' ivcon to the top left and adding an 'M/S/R/L/U' letter below. That visually tells me the size on the map. It woudl be nice to be able to do that also for Multis etc, though I guess for those the icons would get very overloaded.

I also do not want to slice and dice into seperate TourGuides, just have the icons separate, so that I don't have to search in several categories for a cache but they have diff icons..

nice to have the ability to use separate icons for traditional by size

I'll second that, although where/what icons will you use!? I haven't seen any that show Trad caches by size...

I built my own, by using Paint, moving the 'box' ivcon to the top left and adding an 'M/S/R/L/U' letter below. That visually tells me the size on the map. It woudl be nice to be able to do that also for Multis etc, though I guess for those the icons would get very overloaded.

I also do not want to slice and dice into seperate TourGuides, just have the icons separate, so that I don't have to search in several categories for a cache but they have diff icons..

I'm thinking they could be user specified on the slice/dice form......displayed without the alert info.

Small = con_small.gif or ?????

j

Ahh yes, of course I had forgotten about those icons. Although perhaps they are a little big to put on the nuvi display...especially if there are a lot of caches close together.

Could you post them so we can see them?

With Jreds macro, I was wondering if there is any way to get back from the lists to the map without using about 6 touches, like a hot button, especially when driving? I use this all the time and it's perfect for me except what I described.

PS. Forgive me if I post this wrong, I'm new to posting...

Hold the back button for a few seconds and it will bring you right back to the main menu screen without having to press back 6 times. This isn't a feature of the macro but a feature built into the nuvi.

With Jreds macro, I was wondering if there is any way to get back from the lists to the map without using about 6 touches, like a hot button, especially when driving? I use this all the time and it's perfect for me except what I described.

PS. Forgive me if I post this wrong, I'm new to posting...

Hold the back button for a few seconds and it will bring you right back to the main menu screen without having to press back 6 times. This isn't a feature of the macro but a feature built into the nuvi.

Works like a charm, thanks...

Firstly - thanks for your efforts constantly tweaking this macro.

I've replaced all the icons with 24x24 pixel types - they're great for nearly instant identification while driving (and for my 50 year old eyes). I'd be happy to send my 24x24 pixel icons (on transparent backgrounds) to anyone that asks - just provide an email address that will accept a zipped attachment about 50kb in size. If you (or someone you know) has a Garmin 60C, ask for those icons too.

It would be wonderful if the archived / unavailable cache types were assigned a simple icon (user selectable would be perfect). The current method indicates the cache type icon regardless if the status is available or not. I doubt anyone really cares if an unavailable cache is a Multi, Mystery, CITO, etc. I know that seeing an "X" (or other user selected) icon instead of a "valid" cache icon would save quite a bit on my car's brake pads ;-)

What is the difference between the "Other" cache and the slice and dice "Other" cache?

Can you please add an entry in the macro for the "Not Chosen" cache type ?

Again, thank you very much for the time you spend on this a great macro - I know I'm not alone in appreciation of your efforts.

Steve

You want alerts for caches you own? You can already separate yours using the GCID and owned flag in the macro. I could add places for a couple of more ID's to the advanced form.

Not so much alerts, but the ability to search/look them up and get their complete description while on the road (eg for a maint trip), in case I need to verify subwaypoint coords etc. And finding them will be easier if they were in their own category..

If they are in their own category/Tourguide, I can then set the alert distance to 0 to get no alerts or set it if I want the alerts.

Using your GCID and selecting the owned flag in the macro does create a category named "Owned". What am I missing?

j

You're welcome

I've replaced all the icons with 24x24 pixel types - they're great for nearly instant identification while driving (and for my 50 year old eyes). I'd be happy to send my 24x24 pixel icons (on transparent backgrounds) to anyone that asks - just provide an email address that will accept a zipped attachment about 50kb in size. If you (or someone you know) has a Garmin 60C, ask for those icons too.

You could create an account @ MediaFire or similar and then post a link......

http://www.mediafire.com/

It would be wonderful if the archived / unavailable cache types were assigned a simple icon (user selectable would be perfect). The current method indicates the cache type icon regardless if the status is available or not. I doubt anyone really cares if an unavailable cache is a Multi, Mystery, CITO, etc. I know that seeing an "X" (or other user selected) icon instead of a "valid" cache icon would save quite a bit on my car's brake pads ;-)

That used to be the case and got missed during an upgrade. Now fixed in v7.3.4

What is the difference between the "Other" cache and the slice and dice "Other" cache?

There is an "Other" cache type and "Other" container size. Slice and Dice only works for the "Traditional" type.

For now "Not Chosen" will use the same symbol as "Other" starting w/ v7.3.4

You're welcome

You could create an account @ MediaFire or similar and then post a link......

http://www.mediafire.com/

That used to be the case and got missed during an upgrade. Now fixed in v7.3.4

There is an "Other" cache type and "Other" container size. Slice and Dice only works for the "Traditional" type.

For now "Not Chosen" will use the same symbol as "Other" starting w/ v7.3.4

Thank you, thank you and thank you!

The link below are the 24x24 icons I use on my nuvi 760 and 60Csx. I have collected and / or edited icons found on the internet for my use. All have transparent backgrounds. To the best of my knowledge, none are protected by copyright. Please feel free to use / edit as you see fit. The nuvi icons are named for use with jjreds macro (look at them before replacing those supplied) and the 60C icons are named for use with javapgmgr's macro (again, look at them before replacing those supplied) "Nuvi60CsxGarminCsvPoiExport.gsk". Of course, you can use icons from either set - just rename as needed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=068e1b5...be6ba49b5870170

Enjoy!

Edited by MassCache

Using your GCID and selecting the owned flag in the macro does create a category named "Owned". What am I missing?

j

Ah yes, I had the GCID set in GASK but used my caching name in the macro. Setting it to the GCID fixed that. I now have an 'owned' category. It would be nice to be able to list more than one owner GCID in the macro and thus make cached owned by any of those part of the 'owned' cat.. Maybe a comma-separated list?

j

Ah yes, I had the GCID set in GASK but used my caching name in the macro. Setting it to the GCID fixed that. I now have an 'owned' category. It would be nice to be able to list more than one owner GCID in the macro and thus make cached owned by any of those part of the 'owned' cat.. Maybe a comma-separated list?

I like that idea! v7.4 allows up to 5 GCID's separated by commas. They will all end up in "Owned" or "Owned Unavailable"

j

The link below are the 24x24 icons I use on my nuvi 760 and 60Csx. I have collected and / or edited icons found on the internet for my use. All have transparent backgrounds. To the best of my knowledge, none are protected by copyright. Please feel free to use / edit as you see fit. The nuvi icons are named for use with jjreds macro (look at them before replacing those supplied) and the 60C icons are named for use with javapgmgr's macro (again, look at them before replacing those supplied) "Nuvi60CsxGarminCsvPoiExport.gsk". Of course, you can use icons from either set - just rename as needed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=068e1b5...be6ba49b5870170

Enjoy!

SUPER! And thanks to all for helping with the support questions especially the "Pilot" and the "COP". It's nice to know that someone will be here when I'm out-of-pocket. I really appreciate it.

j

j

I like that idea! v7.4 allows up to 5 GCID's separated by commas. They will all end up in "Owned" or "Owned Unavailable"

j

First, this is great!!!!! I just tested it and it works great. Periodically, I like to focus my searches for a specific cache hider and this will fit the bill perfectly.

One quick observation: Do not add a space after the commas. It didn't create the "Owned" category with a space present.

j

j

First, this is great!!!!! I just tested it and it works great. Periodically, I like to focus my searches for a specific cache hider and this will fit the bill perfectly.

One quick observation: Do not add a space after the commas. It didn't create the "Owned" category with a space present.

v7.4.1 ignores leading and trailing spaces in the GCID's

Happy Caching!

j

I guess I'm lucky, I have come in on the end of this whole thing. I have a 250w. Works perfectly with this. I just wanted to say thank you very much for making this possible for us Nuvi owners, it really makes a difference.

Edited by m_s_ifland

Bear with me as I'm learning the ropes of MediaFire. I have already uploaded the 24x24 icon set to MediaFire, and have since created an easier URL from which to get them:

http://www.mediafire.com/24xGeocachingIcons

Since MediaFire will not display .BMP files, I have created .jpg format versions of the icons to help you decide if want to download the set. Unfortunately, MediaFire flags identical sized files as duplicates. Since these icons are are pretty close in size, some will not be stored on their server for viewing. I am working with the MediaFire tech support folks to resolve this, but as of yet, it still remains a problem. Consequently, not all icons are available for display. The icon collection in the zip file however, is complete and is under 50kb in size, making it a quick download over even dial up connections. There are no .exe, .bat, .com or any other file type that could host a virus - only a few dozen 2kb .bmp icon files.

Edited by MassCache

Just wanted to stop by and thank you for all the work you have done on the macro. I have been using the pilot's version on my Nuvi 260 but I sure wanted the usernotes too. Those who work mystery caches certainly appreciate this addition. Anyway thanks to the pilot, thanks to jjreds and thanks to the joker99 who got the usernotes started. By the way I had to go back a ways to get the latest Advanced Nuvi Download webpage so here is the link.. http://jjreds01.googlepages.com/download

Thanks again ;)

Been using this for a couple weeks now and I love it. I have a question that I tried to solve but haven't figured it out on my own. On my nuvi, the geocache names all end with "name". Is there something I can do to fix this?

Any idea what may cause the error message "Invalid property value" when running the Spoiler Sync macro. This message appears, and the Spoiler Sync halts, at about 95%. It looks to stop at different GC's every time I run the macro, so I guess it is not caused by something wrong in a specific GC...

Been using this for a couple weeks now and I love it. I have a question that I tried to solve but haven't figured it out on my own. On my nuvi, the geocache names all end with "name". Is there something I can do to fix this?

You can try these ideas:

Check the first page of the macro - "Garmin GPX POI Export" page - change the third box on the left to display your particular model GPS. If all ready set correctly, look on the "Advanced Options" page - at the top, the first option "Geocache Name Format" should read:

%ShortName=14/%typ=3/%found/%code%bug=* (which is the default for my nuvi 760 anyway)

If all else fails, stop GSAK, delete the macro and the TourGuide_Tools directory inside GSAK and reinstall. Make sure to set the option mentioned above.

Good luck!

Change %smartname to %smart

EDIT: ... or maybe not. I thought I had seen this and done that but now when I looked I saw that I am using this string: %ShortName=11%bug=*(%dif1a/%ter1a/%con1/%typ1)

Edited by kallt_kaffe

"Special Tags" are used to display a custom waypoint name (Geocache Name Format in Advanced Options)

The special tags are converted to the corresponding information as described below:

%bear - Bearing from current centre point

%bgMap = British grid - the 2 character grid map

%bgEast = British grid - the 5 digit easting value

%bgNorth = British grid - the 5 digit northing value

%bug = Travel bug status (notes)

%by = Placed by

%code = Waypoint code (For example, the GCXXXX code)

%con = Container

%con1 = One letter indicating the container type (notes)

%correct = Corrected coordinate status (notes)

%database = The current database name

%crypt = The coded hint (I.E. encrypted)

%datelf - Date last found)

%datepl - Date placed

%dif = Difficulty in full

%dif1 = Difficulty reduced to 1 digit (dif * 2 -1), so 1=1, 1.5=2, 2=3, 2.5=4, ...

%dif1a - Difficulty reduced to 1 character, so 1=1, 1.5 = A, 2=2, 2.5=B, 3=3, 3.5=C, 4=4, 4.5=D, 5=5

%dist - Distance from current centre point

%dnf = Did not find status (notes)

%drop2 = Same as %code, but drops the first two characters (notes)

%found = Found status. (notes)

%foundbyme = Found by me date

%gcid = Geocaching.com Cache number. (notes)

%hint = The decoded hint

%last4 = Last 4 found/not found logs (notes)

%lat = Latitude - 4 different formats to choose from (notes)

%lon = Longitude - 4 different formats to choose from (notes)

%name = Cache name

%ownerID = Cache Owner ID

%ownerName = Cache Owner Name

%smart = GSAK "Unique Smart Name" (notes)

%shortname = Same as %smart but no guarantee of unique name (notes)

%ter = Terrain in full

%ter1 = Terrain reduced to 1 digit (dif * 2 -1), so 1=1, 1.5=2, 2=3, 2.5=4, ...

%ter1a - Terrain reduced to 1 character, so 1=1, 1.5 = A, 2=2, 2.5=B, 3=3, 3.5=C, 4=4, 4.5=D, 5=5

%typ = Cache type

%typ1 = One letter indicating the cache type (notes)

%user = User Data.

%user2 = User Data2

%UserNote = The full text of the user note (including the log section)

%UserLog = The full text of the user log section within the user notes

%UTMZone - The UTM zone

%UTMEast - The UTM Easting

%UTMNorth - The UTM Northing

Note: The tags %name, %by, %con, %typ, %smart, %hint, %crypt, %user, %dif, %ter also support the format %tag=nn. Where nn is the number of characters to include. For example %typ=3 would only include the first 3 characters of the cache type, so that a "Multi Cache" would be translated to "Mul"

%bug - If Cache contains a travel bug, returns Y, if not found returns N. This tag also support the syntax %bug=xx where the first character is used for "Has travel bug" and the second for "No travel bug". For example, if you would prefer the %bug tag to show an asterisk when a cache has a travel bug and an exclamation when not, the syntax would be %bug=*!

%con1 - letters used are as follows: R=regular, L=large, M=micro, S=Small, V=Virtual, and U=unknown. If the cache type is not stated, the letter used is U.

%correct - If waypoint has corrected coordinates, returns Y, otherwise returns N. This tag also support the syntax %correct=xx where the first character is used for "Has corrected coordinates" and the second for "No corrected coordinates". For example, if you would prefer the %correct tag to show an asterisk when a cache has corrected coordinates and an exclamation when not, the syntax would be %correct=*!

%dnf - DNF logged returns Y, if no DNF returns N. This tag also support the syntax %dnf=xx where the first character is used for DNF waypoints and the second for no dnf. For example, if you would prefer the %dnf tag to show an asterisk for found and an exclamation for not found the syntax would be %dnf=*!

%drop2 - allows you to generate waypoints similar to the GCXXXX ones but without the needless GC at the front. For example, the cache GCAF12 which is a large multi cache, could be generated with the tags of %con1%typ1%drop2 to yield LMAF12. All the other tags used in the description format are available (and vice versa), but whatever tags you use, the total length of the resulting waypoint will be chopped off at the setting for "Maximum characters".

%found - Found returns Y, if not found returns N. This tag also support the syntax %found=xx where the first character is used for found waypoints and the second for not found. For example, if you would prefer the %found tag to show an asterisk for found and an exclamation for not found the syntax would be %found=*!

%gcid - This will yield the actual Geocaching.com number of a cache. Every cache code (the GCXXXX) code actually has a corresponding number. There is a rather convoluted algorithm to calculate this number, but suffice to say if you just use %gcid GSAK will do this calculation for you. This can come in handy when using it in custom URLs that require the Geocaching.com cache number rather than the cache code. An example of this is the watch a cache URL. If you would like to add the "Watch a Cache" customer URL the syntax would be http://www.geocaching.com/my/watchlist.aspx?w=%gcid

%lat - Latitude. This tag supports %lat=x where x is one of 4 formats to choose from:

D=Decimal degrees

M=Decimal minutes

S=Decimal seconds

U=UTM

Note, without the format specified the default is decimal degrees so the following are equivalent: %lat and %lat=D

%last4 - Last 4 found/not found logs. Found = F, Not Found = N, No log = 0. For example, if the latest log was a not found, the next a found, and there were no more logs this tag would return NF00. Notes are not included in the %last4 tag.

%lon - Longitude. This tag supports %lon=x where x is one of 4 formats to choose from:

D=Decimal degrees

M=Decimal minutes

S=Decimal seconds

U=UTM

Note, without the format specified the default is decimal degrees so the following are equivalent: %lon and %lon=D

%smart - uses the calculated unique smart name from your database. For a complete overview of smart names please see the Smart Names topic. This tag also supports the form %smart=nn (but not when used in the maco language, only in the GUI) where nn is the number of characters for the smart name. For example if you only want six characters in your smart name, your tag should be %smart=6 (note that %smart=06 also works). However, unlike other special tags that just return the first nn characters of data %smart=nn will force a recalculation of your smart names to this length and make this the default length for your database - see Database=>Properties. If you do not require unique names, then please use the more efficient %ShortName tag instead.

%ShortName - very similar to the %smart tag with the sole exception that unique names are not guaranteed. This tag is far more efficient as there is no re calculation of the database if you change the length of your short names. This tag also supports the syntax %ShortName=nn

%typ1 - letters used are as follows: T=traditional, M=multi, B=letterbox hybrid, C=CITO, E=event, L=locationless, V=virtual, W=webcam, O=Other, G=Benchmark, R=Earth, I=Wherigo and U=mystery/Unknown.

Please note that the tags are not case sensitive.

Taken from GSAK help 7.5.2

j

Hello

First of all sorry my bad english :rolleyes:

I have the following problem:

The POI overview page shows me for example (I am using the Nuvi 200):

Kalksteinwerk/Tra/GC1

N52° 15.804,E10° 37

But i like it better in that form

Kalksteinwerk/Tra/GC1

N52° 15.804,E010° 37.345

Anyone a idea how I can change that?

regards from germany

meatmanfamily

Edited by meatmanfamily

jjreds:

Would it be possible to remove the few remaining seemingly hard-coded 16x16 icons from the script? It looks like nearly all the other icons are user selectable - except for a few unavailable / archived types. I have tried everything to keep them from appearing in the directory, but they keep overwriting my 24x24 styles.

Thanks,

Steve

Any idea what may cause the error message "Invalid property value" when running the Spoiler Sync macro. This message appears, and the Spoiler Sync halts, at about 95%. It looks to stop at different GC's every time I run the macro, so I guess it is not caused by something wrong in a specific GC...

I have never seen that message. Is there any info in log.txt in the program folder?

j

Hello

First of all sorry my bad english :blink:

I have the following problem:

The POI overview page shows me for example (I am using the Nuvi 200):

Kalksteinwerk/Tra/GC1

N52° 15.804,E10° 37

But i like it better in that form

Kalksteinwerk/Tra/GC1

N52° 15.804,E010° 37.345

Anyone a idea how I can change that?

regards from germany

meatmanfamily

It is a limitation of the display (# of characters)

The complete coordinates are listed on the splash screen for the cache. (should be)

j

Edited by jjreds

I have never seen that message. Is there any info in log.txt in the program folder?

j

Yes:

99% Spoiler Sync v1.0.27

Started: 13 mai 2009 15:49:45

Invalid property value

Finished: 13 mai 2009 15:57:31

jjreds:

Would it be possible to remove the few remaining seemingly hard-coded 16x16 icons from the script? It looks like nearly all the other icons are user selectable - except for a few unavailable / archived types. I have tried everything to keep them from appearing in the directory, but they keep overwriting my 24x24 styles.

Thanks,

Steve

Deleting or renaming the TourGuide_Tools folder should be the only thing that causes an unzip of the built-in symbols.

Let's figure out what is happening and fix it as new users are expecting to see the symbols based on the intro to this thread, I don't see their removal as a good option.....

j

Edited by jjreds

I've been playing around with this for a few days but cannot seem to get the tourguide function to work. I have a nuvi 500. The POIs are loaded in my GPS just fine along with all the info but as far as the alerts (visual pop ups and audio dings) I don't have them at all.

I have it set to tourguide(radius) with a 2500 ft alert distance in the macro. I ran the POI loader manually the first time as well.

I drove up to several unfound geocache locations that should have alerts with them with no results. :blink:

Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I have all the lastest software updates.

Are the proximity alerts (when working properly) supposed to appear in Tools-->settings-->proximity points? Mine are still blank.

Maybe it only works on a 500 in proximity mode as suggested above? Although ideally I'd like to use the tourguide function as I'm not always on the exact road of the caches. :huh:

Edited by loftongal

I'm getting this error right after I click on the button to run POI:

Error log: 5/13/2009 6:49:29 PM GSAK 7.5.2.27

MacVersion = 7.4.1

MacDescription = Export GPX files by cache type w/spoiler pics for POI Loader

MacAuthor = jjreds thanks to cron/pilotsnipes/Clyde/Kai Team/Lignumaqua

MacUrl = http://jjreds01.googlepages.com/download

Current Macro: C:\gsak\Macros\GPX_by_Cache_Type.gsk

Error in Macro at line: 2166

$GPSr_Model = GPSInfo("GarminModel")

Error=> Incorrect close tag in element Location

Macro will now abort

I have a nuvi 265WT

jjreds:

Thanks,

Steve

Deleting or renaming the TourGuide_Tools folder should be the only thing that causes an unzip of the built-in symbols.

Let's figure out what is happening and fix it as new users are expecting to see the symbols based on the intro to this thread, I don't see their removal as a good option.....

j

Ok - "removal" was a poor term to use. I my mind, I wondered if it would it be possible to to make the icon(s) user defined - like the others in the custom page?

Is there a need for unique icons to represent "traditional unavailable", "mystery unavailable", "xyz unavailable", and so on? I would think a single icon graphic could be assigned to all of these - I mean, if a cache is unavailable or even archived for that matter, do we really need to know what type it was?? Am I the only one that is concerned only with the VALID caches in the vicinity of my route? If it is archived or unavailable, a single, readily identifiable icon is what is important to me as I'm driving. This one icon will convey what I need to know so that I don't have to stop / slow to get off a road, etc. because there is nothing to be found there. It has happened to me more than once.

Maybe I'm just doing something different than everyone else - I don't know. I have used a large red "X" to represent any cache that is no longer "findable" and the traditional "open treasure chest" for any cache I have found. How do others do this?

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by MassCache

Yay! With a great suggestion from pilot, I ran my nuvi 500 as a 200 series (no W) and downloaded sox.exe and wahlah! I have alerts and tourguide popups for both macros! No little lips and megaphone, but like I told pilot, who needs lips when you have great macros like this! Thank you so much!! :unsure:

You can try these ideas:

Check the first page of the macro - "Garmin GPX POI Export" page - change the third box on the left to display your particular model GPS. If all ready set correctly, look on the "Advanced Options" page - at the top, the first option "Geocache Name Format" should read:

%ShortName=14/%typ=3/%found/%code%bug=* (which is the default for my nuvi 760 anyway)

If all else fails, stop GSAK, delete the macro and the TourGuide_Tools directory inside GSAK and reinstall. Make sure to set the option mentioned above.

Good luck!

Got it. The advance options name format had %smartname. Change to %smart and all is well. Thanks for the help.

I'm getting this error right after I click on the button to run POI:

Error log: 5/13/2009 6:49:29 PM GSAK 7.5.2.27

MacVersion = 7.4.1

MacDescription = Export GPX files by cache type w/spoiler pics for POI Loader

MacAuthor = jjreds thanks to cron/pilotsnipes/Clyde/Kai Team/Lignumaqua

MacUrl = http://jjreds01.googlepages.com/download

Current Macro: C:\gsak\Macros\GPX_by_Cache_Type.gsk

Error in Macro at line: 2166

$GPSr_Model = GPSInfo("GarminModel")

Error=> Incorrect close tag in element Location

Macro will now abort

I have a nuvi 265WT

Try unchecking search for GPSr in advanced options. I have no control over that function.

j

<snip>

Am I the only one that is concerned only with the VALID caches in the vicinity of my route? If it is archived or unavailable, a single, readily identifiable icon is what is important to me as I'm driving. This one icon will convey what I need to know so that I don't have to stop / slow to get off a road, etc. because there is nothing to be found there.

<snip>

Deselect the archived/unavailable flag to prevent display of invalid caches in the vicinity of your route.

j

Export GPX files by cache type for POI Loader

Thanks to Clyde, Kai Team, cron, and pilotsnipes

Scroll down for latest version.

This macro expands on the paperless notion with the following features:

* Multiple database support

* GPX files created by cache type

* Bitmaps created by cache type

* Option to run POI loader from the macro

* Include/exclude founds

* Include/exclude unavailable

* Travel bugs included

* Nuvi POI's sorted by database and type

* Deletes old versions of gpx files so you always have the latest data

* The various cache icons are included with the macro - automatically!!

Requires POI Loader 2.5.2.0

GSAK 7.2 Series

Pocket Queries from Geocaching.com

Opening menu:

menu1.jpg

Option to process another database or load the Nuvi

menu2.jpg

Connect your Nuvi and when ready press the Nuvi Connected button

menu3.jpg

Due to the mutiple database support all files will be created in the ....\GSAK\POI Loader folder.

Each database will be in its own folder named the same as the database. All of the files, folders and bitmaps are created and named according to their GSAK type automatically by the macro!! Just sit back and enjoy!!

menu4.jpg

Now your Nuvi has a list of your databases!!! Your can sort any way you want. Is this too much power?

61.jpg

When you open the database on the Nuvi you get the types like thiis......

73.jpg

Here's one I found today....

81.jpg

Let's not forget the travel bugs!!!

145.jpg

NOTE:

The POI Loader must be run manually the first time to remember the folder location. After that you can be on autopilot.

I'm new to this and haven't placed any caches [yet] and some of the obsure types don't have icons because I wasn't sure which one to use, I used the footprints for placed, if that's wrong it's easy to fix. Let me know how you like it and what needs to be changed/fixed and Happy Caching to ALL!!

Download latest version here: [/url]http://jjreds01.googlepages.com/download

jjreds

<snip>

Am I the only one that is concerned only with the VALID caches in the vicinity of my route? If it is archived or unavailable, a single, readily identifiable icon is what is important to me as I'm driving. This one icon will convey what I need to know so that I don't have to stop / slow to get off a road, etc. because there is nothing to be found there.

<snip>

Deselect the archived/unavailable flag to prevent display of invalid caches in the vicinity of your route.

j

Yes, that is doable. I can make all of this go away by tinkering around in the poi loader directory - when I remember to it. Many times, my route is at night so caching then is a problem - but I see the cache on my GPS each time I go by. Having an unavailable / archived cache icon is nice for the times when driving a familiar route and thinking to myself "wasn't there a cache around here somewhere?" So, when the opportunity arises during the day to check out a cache, I'll try to do that. The same thing happens when we're with friends and we're using pocket queries of the same area that were compiled at different times.

No biggie though. Apparently I'm the only one that sees any value in this, and I can tweak it with a few added steps when I remember. If you'll consider adding the ability of "making all the icons user selectable" to the end of any "feature request" list, that would be great. If it never happens, well, that's ok too. I am most grateful for the work that has brought this macro to life, never-mind the dozens of updates you've provided since then.

Steve

Hi There...

HELP!!!.... I have spent the last few days, slowly following all the prompts to get the macro working on my Nuvi 255w. At one time I thought I had cracked it, everything seemed to work even the audio warnings, then it all started to go horribly wrong. My Nuvi now has a GPX file on it which I cannot delete, even using the delete command on the POI loader has no affect. I can't seem to load anymore files onto the unit. The macro screen is showing 'Default' in the select database...is that correct. If I try to start from scratch, I get a warning after the first use of the GSAK/Macro system , to say that the filter is now full....what filter? As you may have gathered, my computer skills are almost stoneage, but I do my best. All helpful suggestions will be gratefully received.

VK

Hi There...

HELP!!!.... I have spent the last few days, slowly following all the prompts to get the macro working on my Nuvi 255w. At one time I thought I had cracked it, everything seemed to work even the audio warnings, then it all started to go horribly wrong. My Nuvi now has a GPX file on it which I cannot delete, even using the delete command on the POI loader has no affect. I can't seem to load anymore files onto the unit. The macro screen is showing 'Default' in the select database...is that correct. If I try to start from scratch, I get a warning after the first use of the GSAK/Macro system , to say that the filter is now full....what filter? As you may have gathered, my computer skills are almost stoneage, but I do my best. All helpful suggestions will be gratefully received.

VK

Your 255W can have up to three GPX files that are "good" files that you do not need to delete.

The current.gpx file holds your favorites and your track log. There are additional GPX files in the Archive sub-folder that contain past track logs.

The panoramio.gpx file holds your panoramio photos, if you downloaded some.

The position.gpx file holds the last position when your unit was on, so to get a quick fix when you turn it on again.

These are located in the GPX folder.

Your POI folder holds the POI file you created with a macro and has an extension of: ".gpi"

Could you post them so we can see them?

Sorry for the late reply, was ill.

Traditional-LargeTourGuide.jpg

Traditional-MicroTourGuide.jpg

Traditional-OtherTourGuide.jpg

Traditional-RegularTourGuide.jpg

Traditional-SmallTourGuide.jpg

Is there a way to display the State in the Geocache Name Format field? We're going on a little bit of a cross-country trek and will be hunting right near some borders. I tried %state with no luck. :|

In v7.5 you may use @state to display the state. Suggest in GSAK you ctrl-a, go to the Abbreviations tab follow the directions there to create the abbreviations.

j

jjreds,

I am a recent convert from pilotsnipes macro to yours (per his suggestion). I have been using your macro for about a week. I like the added functionality that your macro has.

I looked through all 20+ pages and did not find anything addressing a problem I am having – I apologize if I missed it. Here goes:

I use the nuvi macro for Benchmarking. The macro appears to have a problem parsing the benchmark entries into proper categories. If I start with a GSAK database containing only benchmarks, the output of your macro does not put all entries under the BENCHMARK category. With one benchmark database it put one entry into LOCATIONLESS and more than 50 into the MYSTERY category.

Maybe I am just not using the macro properly. On the off chance that I am using it correctly, could the fix be as simple as having the macro check the waypoint name and then automatically say that any name that does not start with “GC” should go into the BENCHMARKING category rather than MYSTERY, LOCATIONLESS, etc?

Thanks for the great macro!!

--TillaMurphs

jjreds,

I am a recent convert from pilotsnipes macro to yours (per his suggestion). I have been using your macro for about a week. I like the added functionality that your macro has.

I looked through all 20+ pages and did not find anything addressing a problem I am having – I apologize if I missed it. Here goes:

I use the nuvi macro for Benchmarking. The macro appears to have a problem parsing the benchmark entries into proper categories. If I start with a GSAK database containing only benchmarks, the output of your macro does not put all entries under the BENCHMARK category. With one benchmark database it put one entry into LOCATIONLESS and more than 50 into the MYSTERY category.

Maybe I am just not using the macro properly. On the off chance that I am using it correctly, could the fix be as simple as having the macro check the waypoint name and then automatically say that any name that does not start with “GC” should go into the BENCHMARKING category rather than MYSTERY, LOCATIONLESS, etc?

Thanks for the great macro!!

--TillaMurphs

Benchmark output is broken. Suggest you use the Pilot's macro for your benchmark output until I can get it fixed.

j

I just used the "Owned" feature for the first time to identify a different cacher that I wanted to key on without a separate database. I noticed the following:

1. The nuvi uses a different tone to identify the "owned" cache. That makes sense and easily compensated for.

2. The "lips" do not show up for the "owned" ones so you can't easily get to the cache page in the POI file. Is this normal?

3. And, really not part of the macro (I assume) but I noticed that the Favorites Treasure chest doesn't appear on-screen for nearby "Owned" caches. I have the caches loaded both in the POI and the Favorites because I like to see them show up on screen when driving - which the POI don't do (unless you are zoomed way in). Not sure how the Garmin connects the two (POI and Favorite) entries.