Advanced Nuvi Macro

I didn't read all 18 pages. It's quicker to ask and beg forgiveness later. <_<

I don't like the "default" folder that gets created 'cause that, in turn, creates a "default" named folder in the GPS. Short of coping all the files up one folder and deleting the default folder, how do I delete it permanenetly? Thanks.

Liking the macro very much otherwise. Thanks for sharing it.

You didn't have to read 18 pages for this one.....the answer was in post #1!

The output folder name = database name.

j

That still creates a subfolder - this time with the same name as the main folder. And the POILoader creates the subfolder in the GPS as well. That subfolder is an extra link to touch - whah!

And, is it possible to change the names of the POI lists? The "Traditional TourGuide" name for example, I would like to change so it shows up first on the GPS and not have to scroll down. These are all precious seconds I lose the field! For now, I'm adding an "a" to the gpx, bmp, and mp3 files. But, I would like to rename all of them and leave out the "TourGuide" wording. What's up with that anyways?

I'm whining to much, aren't I? Allow me to offset that by adding this is an awesome macro. It sure has made life easier for me. I'm also using Tigerz' macro for my Vista HCx for it's paperless function. You guys rock, putting all this work into these macros and not getting paid for it.

Edited by Chuy!

v7.0 Added alert type, distance and symbol file by cache type. Select "Alert Type?" = Custom and then goto "Set Custom Alerts" in advanced options.

Be forewarned, invalid symbol files will likely cause POI Loader or the GPSr to crash/lockup. Symbols need to be 16x16 or 24x24 8-bit color bitmaps (I think...working from memory)

Custom soundfiles by cache type next....

Enjoy

j

Not sure what changed, but when I have "Run macro against current filter?" checked with the dbl click filters set for not found and "Include Found caches?" not checked in v7.0, I get:

Error in Macro at line: 1711
$match = sqlite("sql","select code from caches","")

Error=> SQLite Error 1 - no such table: caches

Macro will now abort

Was working fine in v6.2. Unchecked "Run against current filter?", and the macro will run in v7.0.

fixed in v7.0.1

j

[<snip>

That still creates a subfolder - this time with the same name as the main folder. And the POILoader creates the subfolder in the GPS as well. That subfolder is an extra link to touch - whah!

And, is it possible to change the names of the POI lists? The "Traditional TourGuide" name for example, I would like to change so it shows up first on the GPS and not have to scroll down. These are all precious seconds I lose the field! For now, I'm adding an "a" to the gpx, bmp, and mp3 files. But, I would like to rename all of them and leave out the "TourGuide" wording. What's up with that anyways?

<snip>

Just point POIL to the database folder (sub-folder of the macro output folder) if you don't use multiple databases.

There is no option nor any plans to rename the Groundspeak cache type names via the macro.

To remove the word "TourGuide" from the GPSr categories, select "No Alerts". TourGuide is a Garmin reserved word and is required for POI Loader to create the radius type alerts on the GPSr.

j

Edited by jjreds

v7.1.1

added custom symbol option by container size if using slice & dice

added custom symbol option for child waypoints

added symbol bitmap display on form - use "Refresh" to update when making a file change

find the bugs

thx

j

Edited by jjreds

The macro is still working great and currently one of my favorite things in life!!!

I can't seem to get the spoiler pics to load though.

1. In GSAK, I clicked "Database>Grab Images>Grab and refresh all images". Don't know if this was entirely necessary but though I'd do it.

2. Downloaded and installed SpoilerSyncTxfr.gsk macro.

3. Downloaded and installed spoilersync full.exe (both downloaded from jjreds01 site)

4. Run the jjreds macro, click Advanced options, "Load Spoiler Pics" is checked, click "Run Spoiler Macro".

5. In the resulting window, "Create a summary..." and "Check for new spoilers on previously processed" are checked. Database is "Default", Folder containing is C:\program files\spoilersync. Click "Start"

6. The macro runs and opens SpoilerSync. It runs through all caches in the database with waypoint folder set to C:\gsak\TourGuide_Tools\Default.loc and spoiler folder set to c:\gsak\POI_Loader\Default\ (is this my problem right here??!!)

7. Back in GSAK I click "Return" twice, then create GPX files, etc.

I can't see any images on my Nuvi 650 though. Some caches have a green "Play" button in the upper left corner that turns to a red square "Stop" button when pressed, and the geocaching logo in the upper right corner, others have neither of those.

While searching for an answer in this thread, I saw something saying to delete all old gpx files in the database and start over. I tried that and had no luck. What do you guys think is holding me back? Thanks in advance for the support!

Edited by FLAWLESS

The macro is still working great and currently one of my favorite things in life!!!

I can't seem to get the spoiler pics to load though.

1. In GSAK, I clicked "Database>Grab Images>Grab and refresh all images". Don't know if this was entirely necessary but though I'd do it.

2. Downloaded and installed SpoilerSyncTxfr.gsk macro.

3. Downloaded and installed spoilersync full.exe (both downloaded from jjreds01 site)

4. Run the jjreds macro, click Advanced options, "Load Spoiler Pics" is checked, click "Run Spoiler Macro".

5. In the resulting window, "Create a summary..." and "Check for new spoilers on previously processed" are checked. Database is "Default", Folder containing is C:\program files\spoilersync. Click "Start"

6. The macro runs and opens SpoilerSync. It runs through all caches in the database with waypoint folder set to C:\gsak\TourGuide_Tools\Default.loc and spoiler folder set to c:\gsak\POI_Loader\Default\ (is this my problem right here??!!)

7. Back in GSAK I click "Return" twice, then create GPX files, etc.

I can't see any images on my Nuvi 650 though. Some caches have a green "Play" button in the upper left corner that turns to a red square "Stop" button when pressed, and the geocaching logo in the upper right corner, others have neither of those.

While searching for an answer in this thread, I saw something saying to delete all old gpx files in the database and start over. I tried that and had no luck. What do you guys think is holding me back? Thanks in advance for the support!

Step 1 "Grab" is not required.

2 ok

3 ok

4 ok

5 ok

6 ok

7 ok you will see some messages like preparing spoiler pics, resizing...

The rest is up to POI Loader and the Nuvi.

Make sure POI Loader is pointed to the folder with the pictures or the parent folder if using multiple databases. The pictures will be named <GC Code>.0.jpg, <GC Code>.1.jpg etc.

So far Garmin only lets us load one picture per waypoint to the GPSr. (Although MapSource allows multiples!?)

The .0 pic is accessible from the cache splash screen on Garmin GPSr's with picture display capability.

If a picture file had "spoiler" in the name it will be loaded as the .0 picture. Files with .1 and above are loaded as additional waypoints.

POI Loader v2.5.2 is known to work.

Run Webupdater and load latest firmware to the Nuvi.

Any 6xx users displaying pics please reply with your firmware revision.

thx

j

Edit: I just reread your post. This macro does not load the Geocaching logo. Run POIL in manual mode and make sure it is pointed to the "GPX Output Path" specified in advanced options.

Edited by jjreds

2 ok

3 ok

4 ok

5 ok

6 ok

Make sure POI Loader is pointed to the folder with the pictures or the parent folder if using multiple databases. The pictures will be named <GC Code>.0.jpg, <GC Code>.1.jpg etc.

So far Garmin only lets us load one picture per waypoint to the GPSr. (Although MapSource allows multiples!?)

The .0 pic is accessible from the cache splash screen on Garmin GPSr's with picture display capability.

If a picture file had "spoiler" in the name it will be loaded as the .0 picture. Files with .1 and above are loaded as additional waypoints.

thx

j

Edit: I just reread your post. This macro does not load the Geocaching logo. Run POIL in manual mode and make sure it is pointed to the "GPX Output Path" specified in advanced options.

Hey jjreds. Thanks for the quick reply. I'm seeing some weird stuff here and will try to give details:

First, on my Nuvi 650, we're dealing with Software Version 4.70

Audio Version 1.50

GPS SW Ver 3.00

POI Loader is version 2.5.2. I see that 2.5.3 is the latest, but I haven't installed it yet!

Please also NOTE that I was previously using pilotsnipes macro. I don't know if remnants from it are throwing a monkey wrench in the mix here.

I verified that the GPX Output Path in your macro is c:\gsak\POI_Loader and the path shown when I open the Garmin POI loader manually is also C:\gsak\POI_Loader, so I think that's ok in response to your post above.

I deleted all the GPX files in my databases to see if that would clear things up but no luck. And I still have the geocaching logos on SOME of my caches:

97.jpg

And some don't:

105.jpg

Kind of strange. What do you make of all this? Thanks again in advance for the help!

Just a quick thought - at one time, the output folder was POI LOADER (no underscore). Now it is with the underscore - easy to overlook.

I recognize the .jpg of the GeoCaching logo (four square one) and searched here to see what folder it may be in. I also noted that you had "grabbed" images (I had done that too a long time ago). Anyway, I found that image in two folders (c:\Program Files\GSAK\garminpoi and c:\Program Files\GSAK\grabbed images). The macro is getting that image from somewhere so you might want to double check all the file pointers in the macro.

Edited by Cache O'Plenty

2 ok

3 ok

4 ok

5 ok

6 ok

thx

j

Hey jjreds. Thanks for the quick reply. I'm seeing some weird stuff here and will try to give details:

First, on my Nuvi 650, we're dealing with Software Version 4.70

Audio Version 1.50

GPS SW Ver 3.00

POI Loader is version 2.5.2. I see that 2.5.3 is the latest, but I haven't installed it yet!

Please also NOTE that I was previously using pilotsnipes macro. I don't know if remnants from it are throwing a monkey wrench in the mix here.

I verified that the GPX Output Path in your macro is c:\gsak\POI_Loader and the path shown when I open the Garmin POI loader manually is also C:\gsak\POI_Loader, so I think that's ok in response to your post above.

I deleted all the GPX files in my databases to see if that would clear things up but no luck. And I still have the geocaching logos on SOME of my caches:

97.jpg

And some don't:

105.jpg

Kind of strange. What do you make of all this? Thanks again in advance for the help!

POI Loader loads all the files it finds in the target folder AND all the sub folders beneath the target folder. You are still picking up the pilot's files as evidenced by the geo logo. Search for "Geocache TourGuide.jpg" the geocache image file referenced by the GPX output file in the Pilot's macro. You still have some old files laying around. Another clue is a "Geocache TourGuide" category on the GPSr. Also make sure there are no other geo type .gpi files in the Garmin folder on the Nuvi .

j

Edited by jjreds

POI Loader loads all the files it finds in the target folder AND all the sub folders beneath the target folder. You are still picking up the pilot's files as evidenced by the geo logo. Search for "Geocache TourGuide.jpg" the geocache image file referenced by the GPX output file in the Pilot's macro. You still have some old files laying around. Another clue is a "Geocache TourGuide" category on the GPSr. Also make sure there are no other geo type .gpi files in the Garmin folder on the Nuvi .

j

I did a search for "Geocache TourGuide.jpg" and found nothing. I also manually looked for it in all three of my database folders and didn't see it.

Also, there are NO subfolders in my 3 respective database folders.

I deleted everything in my "default" folder and ran your macro again and watched it build in the folder. It added the gpx, bmp and mp3 files.

Something I found INTERESTING was that if I click on "Multi TourGuide.mp3" or "Traditional TourGuide.mp3" (the only mp3 files your macro built, and the only mp3 files in the folder) it plays them in windows media player, and DISPLAYS THE GEO LOGO in windows media player!!?? Is this right?

Here's a quick screenshot of my default folder. These are the new files that the macro built. There is nothing else in this folder other than jpg.s, and ALL of the jpg.s start with "GC" only, nothing else...

default.jpg

Weird. or no?

j

I did a search for "Geocache TourGuide.jpg" and found nothing. I also manually looked for it in all three of my database folders and didn't see it.

Also, there are NO subfolders in my 3 respective database folders.

I deleted everything in my "default" folder and ran your macro again and watched it build in the folder. It added the gpx, bmp and mp3 files.

Something I found INTERESTING was that if I click on "Multi TourGuide.mp3" or "Traditional TourGuide.mp3" (the only mp3 files your macro built, and the only mp3 files in the folder) it plays them in windows media player, and DISPLAYS THE GEO LOGO in windows media player!!?? Is this right?

Here's a quick screenshot of my default folder. These are the new files that the macro built. There is nothing else in this folder other than jpg.s, and ALL of the jpg.s start with "GC" only, nothing else...

default.jpg

Weird. or no?

The mp3 file has the geo logo as album art, nothing to worry about. Anyway looks like you have a clean set of files. Is it working ok now?

I must admit that I have not read through the 18 pages with posts in this thread, sorry about that but it's just to much...

I've just switched from the macro from Pilotsnipes to this one and I must say that I am impressed. I was very happy with the macro from Pilotsnipes but getting the spoiler pictures in and putting the hint and the logs before the description is really nice.

Let me start to say that I have over 15000 caches in GSAK (whole Sweden and 500 from norway) and I also have some speed cameras in my POI_Loader folder. It usually sums up to about 18000 POIs.

This give me a POI file of over 40Mb with the pilotsnipes macro but it still works fine. However after adding a lot of spoiler pics and using your macro I ended up over 90Mb and when listing the POIs in the GPS a get a rather large delay. I assumed this was due to the spoiler pics so I exported the POIs without spoiler pics and ended up just under 40Mb (less that with the pilotsnipes macro, propably because I limted the logs to 5 with your macro). I expected this to solve the problem but it did not. I takes 8-9 seconds before it starts to list the POIs while with the pilotsnipes macro the delay is hardly noticable. That is a bit strange considering that the POI file is actually smaller when using your macro.

I'm getting the same results on both my Nüvi 205 and my Nüvi 255.

Sans spoilers the two macros should be creating essentially the same set of files - check the sub-folders you may be loading more data than you think.

j

That's what is so strange. With your macro the poi file is even smaller (propably because of the 5 logs limit). My theory about the delay is that it is caused by separating the caches into different types. I got my GSAK sorted by distance from my home coordinates and with the pilotsnipes macro I assume that it will store the POIs in that order making it very quick to list the POIs, at least when I am near my home coordinates. (When testing I was about 30km from home).

By storing the POIs by type it will need to go through a lot more of the POI file before making sure it has found enough nearby POIs to start showing them in the list.

This is of course just my theory and the only way to prove it would be to hack your macro to not split the caches into different types. Or perhaps it may be enough just to make a filter that only has traditional caches. I may try that and get back to you.

I have two Nüvis (a 205 and a 255 (same hardware but more flash in the 255)) and I did a test and only loaded traditional caches on each GPS using the pilotsnipes macro on one and your macro on the other. I ended up with just above 15000 POIs with both macros and it is just as quick to load caches on both GPS:es.

I'm going to do another try using your macro. This time including all cache types but using a distance limiter to get the same or less POIs than in the previous tests. I'll post the results when it's done. If my theory is right then the delay will be back.

EDIT: Yep, with just under 15000 POIs this time and a POI file size of just under 30Mb the delay is back.

Problem solved.

If I keep my speedcamera .csv files in C:\GSAK\POI_Loader I will get a large delay when trying to list caches.

However, if I move the speedcamera files to C:\GSAK\POI_Loader\GC (GC is the name of my GSAK database) then the delay is gone and it starts listing the caches as quick as the pilotsnipes macro.

The mp3 file has the geo logo as album art, nothing to worry about. Anyway looks like you have a clean set of files. Is it working ok now?

Nope still not working at all. Should I be able to see the jpegs if I look at the Nuvi in Windows explorer? I don't see any of them on the Nuvi itself...or do they become part of the gpx file?

Nope still not working at all. Should I be able to see the jpegs if I look at the Nuvi in Windows explorer? I don't see any of them on the Nuvi itself...or do they become part of the gpx file?

They are included in the poi.gpi file created by POI Loader. To see if they are being included check the size of poi.gpi, then use POIL to create it again after running the macro with spoilers NOT included. The .gpi file with spoilers should be larger possibly much larger.

j

I seem to be having a problem with all the childpoints.

They all get proximity alerts despite the fact that I have selected NO ALERTS in the menu and I've looked into the Custom sounds and none of the childpoints has alerts selected.

Thanks for pointing that out.

upgrade to v7.1.4

select "Custom" alerts and enter "0" for the alert distance on the child waypoint form.

That should do it.

j

Still have the same problem

I think you can solve it by replacing :

IF $AlertType="Custom"

$SQL_Data = sqlite("sql","select * from Child_Array where Code='$d_cType'")

$Proximity=EXTRACT($SQL_Data,";",3)

ENDIF

in the childpoint routine with :

IF $AlertType="Custom"

ELSE

$Proximity="0"

ENDIF

I've tested it a bit and it seems to be working.

Cheers

They are included in the poi.gpi file created by POI Loader. To see if they are being included check the size of poi.gpi, then use POIL to create it again after running the macro with spoilers NOT included. The .gpi file with spoilers should be larger possibly much larger.

j

Hey jjreds. I ran it several times and noticed the size DOES change from 10.2mb with "load spoilers" checked down to 4.59mb unchecked. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. I also noticed recently that as spoilersync is running it says "no spoilers found" for all of them as it runs through. Before I would see it saying "1 spoiler found" or "2 spoilers found" for a lot of them. This isn't happening at all now.

Anth.

Edited by FLAWLESS

Still have the same problem

I think you can solve it by replacing :

IF $AlertType="Custom"

ENDIF

in the childpoint routine with :

IF $AlertType="Custom"

ELSE

$Proximity="0"

ENDIF

I've tested it a bit and it seems to be working.

Cheers

You have the same problem because you do not agree with the solution offered. With the above modification you are forcing child points to have no alerts unless explicitly defined in custom alerts. The default for this macro from the beginning has been to alert for parking areas, trailheads, etc.

Selecting custom and entering zero as I suggested DOES work.

j

j

Hey jjreds. I ran it several times and noticed the size DOES change from 10.2mb with "load spoilers" checked down to 4.59mb unchecked. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. I also noticed recently that as spoilersync is running it says "no spoilers found" for all of them as it runs through. Before I would see it saying "1 spoiler found" or "2 spoilers found" for a lot of them. This isn't happening at all now.

Anth.

No disconnect. The file is larger because it includes the pictures. SpoilerSync will fly through the file after the first run because the spoilers have already been found.

j

jjreds, just wanted to say thank you for the work you've done with all of this. This has made my purchase of a nuvi 260 even more worth it! Everything works great and I couldn't be more happy with the macro.

As a note to 2xx users, supposedly the new software update from garmin has disabled the Off Road feature under Route Preference - becareful......hopefully they will restore this for us.

Edited by JakeMaryTrent

You have the same problem because you do not agree with the solution offered. With the above modification you are forcing child points to have no alerts unless explicitly defined in custom alerts. The default for this macro from the beginning has been to alert for parking areas, trailheads, etc.

j

So are the child waypoint alerts Tourguide or Route alerts? I think route alerts (proximity) would only trigger if you route past them, and thus not alert separately in tourguide (normal driving) mode?

(But I also think they would still alert along with the main point if you happened to route elsewhere past them?

Or is t possible to only have them alert when one actually routes to those points, which would suffice to restrict them for when one actually pursues that cache after the main cache has alerted (with a larger radius)?

I have just upgraded to the latest macro 7.1.4.

I selected ' slice and dice traditionals' and set up individual icons

for the traditionals (in the sub-menu). I of course had to make

icons for these as no separate icons were made so far

(I just edited the ' Traditional' icon in c:\Program Files\gask/TourGuide_Tools

and saved separate versions for each Trad type.

For lack of graphical skills (and time) I just moved the box in the

icon to the top left and added an M/S/R/L/U in the lower right corner.

After selecting the individual icons in T-Trad (slice and Dice) I

clicked refresh and the icons show correctly in the menu.

Then I ran the macro and installed everything in my nuvi 360

Yet, on the map the standard ' Traditional' icon is shown.

What am I doing wrong?

In the main macro page 'Geocaching Symbols' is selected for POI Icons.

Alert Type is Custom

Secondly, I see child waypoints generated for pictures (I assume) to still have an alert

(clicking on the child waypoint shows the speaker icon, the name 'GCDE92- xxx' then ' this is an image for ...

and the caption of the picture.

How can i make child waypoints not get a notification?

Also, that cache (GCDE92) has a number of pictures, why is there only one child waypoint generated?

There is at least one other picture that was posted on the same date (3/4/2003) and which seems to be part of the original set of pics. Neither has 'no spoiler' in the caption, and I have 'only load pictures with spoiler in the caption' NOT set.

PS: If someone has nice differentiated icons for the traditional types,

those would be welcome...

j

So are the child waypoint alerts Tourguide or Route alerts? I think route alerts (proximity) would only trigger if you route past them, and thus not alert separately in tourguide (normal driving) mode?

(But I also think they would still alert along with the main point if you happened to route elsewhere past them?

Or is t possible to only have them alert when one actually routes to those points, which would suffice to restrict them for when one actually pursues that cache after the main cache has alerted (with a larger radius)?

A child waypoint has the same alert type as the parent. The distance is variable and can be set in the custom section.

I have just upgraded to the latest macro 7.1.4.

I selected ' slice and dice traditionals' and set up individual icons

for the traditionals (in the sub-menu). I of course had to make

icons for these as no separate icons were made so far

(I just edited the ' Traditional' icon in c:\Program Files\gask/TourGuide_Tools

and saved separate versions for each Trad type.

For lack of graphical skills (and time) I just moved the box in the

icon to the top left and added an M/S/R/L/U in the lower right corner.

After selecting the individual icons in T-Trad (slice and Dice) I

clicked refresh and the icons show correctly in the menu.

Then I ran the macro and installed everything in my nuvi 360

Yet, on the map the standard ' Traditional' icon is shown.

What am I doing wrong?

In the main macro page 'Geocaching Symbols' is selected for POI Icons.

Alert Type is Custom

Fixed in v7.1.5

Secondly, I see child waypoints generated for pictures (I assume) to still have an alert

(clicking on the child waypoint shows the speaker icon, the name 'GCDE92- xxx' then ' this is an image for ...

Use custom alerts and set the distance to zero.

Also, that cache (GCDE92) has a number of pictures, why is there only one child waypoint generated?

There is at least one other picture that was posted on the same date (3/4/2003) and which seems to be part of the original set of pics. Neither has 'no spoiler' in the caption, and I have 'only load pictures with spoiler in the caption' NOT set.

I tried it. SpoilerSync downloaded 2 pics, one is referenced on the cache page the second is loaded as an additional waypoint after runnung the macro. This part is working correctly. I don't know why SS only loads 2 pics, I saw more.

Edited by jjreds

Thank you for an excellent macro for gsak!

I am using the pilotsnipes macro and just found about yours.

I browsed the first 8-10 pages of this topic (have not read everything) for about 2 hours and noticed this on the download page:

"6.2 The following characters are now acceptable in GSAK database names:ÁÉÍÓÚáéíóú"

That's Ok for people like me who live in places that use those characters (like here in PR), however there is a quartet of characters missing there that we also need: ÑñÜü

Could you include those (if not already included in the latest ver.)?

- remember, I have not finished reading ALL the post replies (It's fairly long... phew!)

Edited by shotgunpr

Fixed in v7.1.5

Thanks, updating now

Use custom alerts and set the distance to zero.

Hmm. okay. That prompts a question. What is the difference between a tourguide (Radius) alert and a Proximity (On Route) alert? Does the latter only trigger if the point is routed to, or if any navigation is going on and one happens to go near that point? If the former, it would be really nice to have separate alert types for child waypoints, so that the child waypoints can be set to 'Proximity (OnRoute) with a useful distance during such routing, but so that they don't trigger also in Tourguide mode.

If the latter (always trigger when a route is near them), then that won't help.

The ideal situation would be one where only the caches' main point alerts in tourguide mode (even if one drives a route just past the other points), but that they do alert if any or all of that caches' points (main or children) are either specifically on a route (eg one made by hand, though I think the lower end nuvis don't support that) or are being navigated to.

I tried it. SpoilerSync downloaded 2 pics, one is referenced on the cache page the second is loaded as an additional waypoint after runnung the macro. This part is working correctly. I don't know why SS only loads 2 pics, I saw more.

I think I know now. Only the first two pictures were published along with the cache (same date) while the others are later? Or maybe it's because the others are added via log message and not loaded to the main cache listing? If that is true spoilersync may never see pictures added via 'maintainer note' logs or such (or by visitors) at all. Have to test that somehow...

one more minor point: the tab sequence to move from field to field oin some of the dialogues (eg the child-waypoint alert dialogue) is really strange. It would be nice if it flowed predictably from top down so that one can quickly tab through to edit the fields.

Thank you for an excellent macro for gsak!

I am using the pilotsnipes macro and just found about yours.

I browsed the first 8-10 pages of this topic (have not read everything) for about 2 hours and noticed this on the download page:

"6.2 The following characters are now acceptable in GSAK database names:ÁÉÍÓÚáéíóú"

That's Ok for people like me who live in places that use those characters (like here in PR), however there is a quartet of characters missing there that we also need: ÑñÜü

Could you include those (if not already included in the latest ver.)?

- remember, I have not finished reading ALL the post replies (It's fairly long... phew!)

added support for ÑñÜü in v7.1.6

<snip>

Hmm. okay. That prompts a question. What is the difference between a tourguide (Radius) alert and a Proximity (On Route) alert? Does the latter only trigger if the point is routed to, or if any navigation is going on and one happens to go near that point? If the former, it would be really nice to have separate alert types for child waypoints, so that the child waypoints can be set to 'Proximity (OnRoute) with a useful distance during such routing, but so that they don't trigger also in Tourguide mode.

If the latter (always trigger when a route is near them), then that won't help.

The ideal situation would be one where only the caches' main point alerts in tourguide mode (even if one drives a route just past the other points), but that they do alert if any or all of that caches' points (main or children) are either specifically on a route (eg one made by hand, though I think the lower end nuvis don't support that) or are being navigated to.

TourGuide provides an alert whenever you enter the defined radius from the waypoint. A Proximity(Route) alert only occurs when the waypoint is on or very close to a road/street and then only alerts when you are on the same road/street. In this case route refers to any traveled route not the type of route you can create and save with turn by turn directions.

Let's say you have Starbuck's locations setup as a proximity/route type alert. If you are just 1 block away on a parallel street, no alert will occur. Should you round the block and be within the alert distance and on the same street the alert will sound. Very useful for speed traps on divided highways and red light cams.

Childpoints are of the same alert type as the parent since they reside in the same gpx file as the parent. TourGuide style alerts are turned on and off by using/not using the Garmin reserved word "TourGuide" in the gpx filename.

one more minor point: the tab sequence to move from field to field oin some of the dialogues (eg the child-waypoint alert dialogue) is really strange. It would be nice if it flowed predictably from top down so that one can quickly tab through to edit the fields.

Fixed in v7.1.6

Using 7.1.4 it seems that it unzipps the icon files every time i start the maco.

I can't seem to find the setting which let me use my own icons too anymore.

Have i missed out on some modification?

To use custom symbols select Alert Type? = Custom, then goto Advanced Options and click the "Set Custom Alerts" button. Use the custom screens to define the file locations. Filenames do not have to match the built-in files. Use the refresh button when making a change to the file to see the result.

Edited by jjreds

Using 7.1.4 it seems that it unzipps the icon files every time i start the maco.

To use custom symbols select Alert Type? = Custom, then goto Advanced Options and click the "Set Custom Alerts" button. Use the custom screens to define the file locations. Filenames do not have to match the built-in files. Use the refresh button when making a change to the file to see the result.

I really did miss out on some modification :-) Thanks for the info.

As a side note ... it did strike me as a bit odd to have the icon settings in the alert section, but as long as it works, i'm happy

Fixed in v7.1.6

The main and advanced options dialog still have a non-intutive tab sequence. Not a biggie/not urgent !

I really did miss out on some modification :-) Thanks for the info.

As a side note ... it did strike me as a bit odd to have the icon settings in the alert section, but as long as it works, i'm happy

The button now reads "Custom Alert Style, Distance, and Symbols" in v7.1.7

j

Fixed in v7.1.6

The main and advanced options dialog still have a non-intutive tab sequence. Not a biggie/not urgent !

fixed in v7.1.7 and Spoiler macro v2.9.1

j

fixed in v7.1.7 and Spoiler macro v2.9.1

j

Thanks. The speed with which you provide updates is as usual astonishing. Do you go caching at all?? :-)

Since the Custom Alert Type option was introduced, I can no longer see the Child Waypoint icons on my 760. (all child waypoints are still displayed in the list of POIs) My own symbol files is selected and shows up in the menu after refresh. Also, the built in "Traditional" icon is displayed on the 760, even though I have selected my own symbol file. But, after that I tested with slice/dice, I unchecked "Slice and Dice Traditionals", and ran the macro again, my own traditional icon is displayed on the 760. (The right icon is also displayed when slice/dice is selected.

Since the Custom Alert Type option was introduced, I can no longer see the Child Waypoint icons on my 760. (all child waypoints are still displayed in the list of POIs) My own symbol files is selected and shows up in the menu after refresh. Also, the built in "Traditional" icon is displayed on the 760, even though I have selected my own symbol file. But, after that I tested with slice/dice, I unchecked "Slice and Dice Traditionals", and ran the macro again, my own traditional icon is displayed on the 760. (The right icon is also displayed when slice/dice is selected.

try v7.1.8 I have a bad com cable so I couldn't test it

j

try v7.1.8 I have a bad com cable so I couldn't test it

j

Custom icons works fine with V7.1.8 Thanks :anibad:

Does the macro work with GPX files imported into GSAK from the Waymarks site?

I have a database called "Waymarks" (How proper!) in GSAK (created importing GPX files from the waymarks site), but when I export GPX files with the macro (creating the appropiate subfolder into POI_Loader) the Waymarks category shows up on my nuvi 205, but the waypoints are NOT shown as having any coordinates.

2yk1j4g.jpg

33w5l4j.jpg

Descriptions are shown but coordinate details are not shown either.

Edited by shotgunpr

Does the macro work with GPX files imported into GSAK from the Waymarks site?

I have a database called "Waymarks" (How proper!) in GSAK (created importing GPX files from the waymarks site), but when I export GPX files with the macro (creating the appropiate subfolder into POI_Loader) the Waymarks category shows up on my nuvi 205, but the waypoints are NOT shown as having any coordinates.

2yk1j4g.jpg

33w5l4j.jpg

Descriptions are shown but coordinate details are not shown either.

v7.1.9 adds the coordinates to the splash screen and waymark list.

j

I use this macro now for a few months and i am very happy about it. I use it in the Netherlands/Europe on a garmin/zumo550 without any problems.

This morning however I tried to download the waypoints from region Arizona/USA. Everything seemed to work fine. I always run POI-loader first to remove the old POI and then run the macro. No problems with the macro or with POI-loader. When i start the gps and want to go to a cache I can see the different cache-categories (Multi, trad, etc). When I select one of these I get the message there is nothing matching found.??? Looking at the size of the file (4.6 Mb) this seems normal. Opening it with notepad shows indeed some readable info about the caches.

Any idea what is wrong? (I already installed the latest macro-version to check if this would help)

Thanx

Noumoe

Problems with waymarks AGAIN! Sorry to be a rain in your parade, but I do waymarks as much as I do geocaching. Can you point me where in the script I can edit so that waymarks already marked as "found" in gsak be treated the same as geocaches marked "found" (they can be transferred or not to the GPSr). I have some found waymarks in my db, but the script transfers them to the GPSr, even if I do not select "Include found caches".

Also, can the Y/N "flag" for Found/Not Found be included in the title name for a waymark?

Edited by shotgunpr