Advanced Nuvi Macro

And another feature request.

Archived caches do not get returned in PQs, which means that when importing a newer version of a PQ after a cache has been archived, the archived cache will remain in the GSAK db as active..

Could we get a feature that inspect the 'last GPX' field in the GSAK db for caches and if that is too far back (by a configurable number of days) to not load the cache to the nuvi (or maybe add it to a 'possibly gone' category rather than the normal ones, indicating the last GPX date?

That way archived caches will not get onto the nuvi even if they stay in GSAK.

If you include "Is not active" in the PQ doesn't the DB get updated with archived?

Edited by jjreds

If you include "Is not active" in the PQ doesn't the DB get updated with archived?

I don't specify any status at all, so I should get all, but I don't get archived ones, because

I think 'is not active' means 'include temp disabled' but not archived ones (they are effectively deleted)?

Is it possible to changethe way Child waypoint info is displayed. As an example, a waypoints is displayed on my Nuvi 760 like this:

SK1AR73 - Parking Area

Child of GC1AR73

Instead of the GC #, I like to see the name of the cache

SK1AR73 - Parking Area

Child og Gryte-Hytta

I like to mention that I have a similar wish for my Oregon 300, where I use the Colorado Export macro. The above child waypoints is displayed in the waypoint list as SK1AR73. But, I will post the Oregon issue elsewhere.

Catch try v5.6.8 I don't have my Nuvi to check the output but you should see "Child of <cache name>"

j

Thanks, it works fine on my Nuvi 760. It looks like the number of characters after "Child of" is limited to 15. Is that a Nuvi, GSAK or macro limitation ?

1. It would be very nice (for me) to have the base-export directory as a parameter. I use Poi_Loader to load other POIs to my garmin to, always usng the Custom directory option. So silent mode is no option for me (why can't the #@%$#@$ Garmin-program can't use command line parameters?????). I've altered the macro myself, adding a $Gpx_Homedir variable

+1 Yes please too.

Upgrade to v5.7 to enable this feature. If using spoilers upgrade the ssmac to v2.8

j

Is it possible to changethe way Child waypoint info is displayed. As an example, a waypoints is displayed on my Nuvi 760 like this:

SK1AR73 - Parking Area

Child of GC1AR73

Instead of the GC #, I like to see the name of the cache

SK1AR73 - Parking Area

Child og Gryte-Hytta

I like to mention that I have a similar wish for my Oregon 300, where I use the Colorado Export macro. The above child waypoints is displayed in the waypoint list as SK1AR73. But, I will post the Oregon issue elsewhere.

Catch try v5.6.8 I don't have my Nuvi to check the output but you should see "Child of <cache name>"

j

Thanks, it works fine on my Nuvi 760. It looks like the number of characters after "Child of" is limited to 15. Is that a Nuvi, GSAK or macro limitation ?

That would be the Nuvi do you think it would better to use %shortname?

Thanks for keeping the Corrected Coordinates as a separate category.

I just need to figure out a method to not download unsolved puzzle caches. If they aren't solved, then I don't need them on the road.

As of now, if a "?" cache is not a puzzle (i.e. special logging requirements, etc.) and the cache is at the posted coordinates, I just trigger the "Corrected Coordinates" flag and keep the original coordinates as the corrected ones. Those are the only ones I want to load.

Edited by Cache O'Plenty

JJred,

Thanks for implement the sugestions in such a quick manner.

Myself I dont care about the Last poi date field and having it on top of the listing well takes away one line of important description.

Nuvis are not that fast scrolling text so I would like to request this to be an option that can be turned on/off in the advanced menu perhaps?

Jjred,

I was pleasantly surprised when i read this morning you implemented the user-configurable output path in version 5.7.

But looking at the code i noticed that you still prepend the $_Install directory to the set $GPX_Output_folder. This way I can not set the output folder to a different path where i keep all my downloaded .gpx files :-(

As a developer myself i don't like storing data and programcode in the same directory, that's just one of my things ;-)

To aid in the tedious task of changing code for this .. i did some work for you, If you send me your email address i'll send it to you

Edited by Schatjes van Schouten

That would be the Nuvi do you think it would better to use %shortname?

Great, and I think %shortname (%smartname) is better.

Jjred,

I was pleasantly surprised when i read this morning you implemented the user-configurable output path in version 5.7.

But looking at the code i noticed that you still prepend the $_Install directory to the set $GPX_Output_folder. This way I can not set the output folder to a different path where i keep all my downloaded .gpx files :-(

As a developer myself i don't like storing data and programcode in the same directory, that's just one of my things ;-)

To aid in the tedious task of changing code for this .. i did some work for you, If you send me your email address i'll send it to you

upgrade to v5.7.1 for full path support - now you can stick the output anywhere you want ;)

JJred,

Thanks for implement the sugestions in such a quick manner.

Myself I dont care about the Last poi date field and having it on top of the listing well takes away one line of important description.

Nuvis are not that fast scrolling text so I would like to request this to be an option that can be turned on/off in the advanced menu perhaps?

added to v.5.7.1

j

Hi Jjreds,

I use your macro frequently, but I miss my GSAK user notes. I use the usernotes for the solutions of the mistery caches and partial information of a bonus cache. For most of the mistery caches I use the corrected coordinate option, but for some caches the original location directs to the parking area. For these caches and the bonuscaches of a serie I use the usernotes. As there is no option to include the usernotes I changed your macro to include the usernotes before the hint, but after every upgrade I need to modify the macro again. I hope you want to inlcude this option in your macro.

With kind regards,

Joker009

Hi Jjreds,

I use your macro frequently, but I miss my GSAK user notes. I use the usernotes for the solutions of the mistery caches and partial information of a bonus cache. For most of the mistery caches I use the corrected coordinate option, but for some caches the original location directs to the parking area. For these caches and the bonuscaches of a serie I use the usernotes. As there is no option to include the usernotes I changed your macro to include the usernotes before the hint, but after every upgrade I need to modify the macro again. I hope you want to inlcude this option in your macro.

With kind regards,

Joker009

It's almost Christmas....how could I say no? :(

I would also be very much interested in this being added to this great macro. The reasons the "Joker" stated are the same as mine. I know it was asked for earlier but perhaps it was over looked. Thanks, CDS231

Ok I will add an option to display user notes. Where is the best place to insert? First? After description/before logs? or ???

Jjreds,

I'm very happy you want to add the usernotes as Christmas present to us <_<

Personally I want to read my notes first, because it contain e.g. answers to questions I had to make at home or information obtained form other caches (like a bonus cache). So I do not want to scroll down to check whether there are notes or not.

(I modified your latest macro yesterday. When you like I will mail it to you)

Joker009

Edited by Joker009
Ok I will add an option to display user notes. Where is the best place to insert? First? After description/before logs? or ???

For me first before the logs indicating it came from the GSAK notes section where I would keep such information for caches to find and my notes on caches I have found.

Thanks a bunch and Happy Holidays.

CDS231

After upgrading to V5.7.1, it seems like all icons for child waypoints is the same as the parent icon.

Fixed in v5.7.2, thanks for pointing that out.

j

I have tested V5.7.2 with several databases, and the child waypoints are still the same as the parent icon. :)

After upgrading to V5.7.1, it seems like all icons for child waypoints is the same as the parent icon.

j

I have tested V5.7.2 with several databases, and the child waypoints are still the same as the parent icon. <_<

Apologies Catch, I didn't have the Nuvi to test so I was looking at the XML and included symbols. I must have missed something. Will take a look in a day or so.

j

j

I have tested V5.7.2 with several databases, and the child waypoints are still the same as the parent icon. :shocked:

Apologies Catch, I didn't have the Nuvi to test so I was looking at the XML and included symbols. I must have missed something. Will take a look in a day or so.

j

I think I found the problem JJ.

Line 1082 I changed the text to :

$Temp = Replace("@geofilejpg"," <link href="+Quote("file://$Embedded_POIL_File")+"/>",$Temp,True)

and the icons now show correctly.

Hope this helps JJ.

Quick question how can I replace the included proximity beep file with my own?

I plan on making one with a 30sec silence to prevent the multiple beeps and I would like that the macro do it automatically for me instead of having to replace all the wavs manually.

Cheers.

j

I have tested V5.7.2 with several databases, and the child waypoints are still the same as the parent icon. :laughing:

j

$Temp = Replace("@geofilejpg"," <link href="+Quote("file://$Embedded_POIL_File")+"/>",$Temp,True)

Hope this helps JJ.

I plan on making one with a 30sec silence to prevent the multiple beeps and I would like that the macro do it automatically for me instead of having to replace all the wavs manually.

Cheers.

Thanks for the help on that!!

"3.5.3 To use your own TourGuide alert tone check "Use my alert?" on the advanced option form. You can add 3 custom files by replacing TourGuideLoud.mp3/.wav, TourGuideMedium.mp3/.wav and TourGuideSoft.mp3/.wav. The 200-Series Nuvis use the .wav file, all others use .mp3. If the sound file is not found with the correct name it will use the default even if the option is checked. "

Jjreds,

I'm very happy you want to add the usernotes as Christmas present to us :laughing:

Personally I want to read my notes first, because it contain e.g. answers to questions I had to make at home or information obtained form other caches (like a bonus cache). So I do not want to scroll down to check whether there are notes or not.

(I modified your latest macro yesterday. When you like I will mail it to you)

Joker009

Usernotes in time for Christmas!! Copied and pasted courtesy of Joker009!!

v5.8

I still have some hardware issues and can't test but those of you that have been around since the beginning know my testing is lousy anyway!!

And Merry Christmas to ALL!! This has been a fun project and your support, ideas and (yes) criticisms have been an inspiration. I'm wondering how many of you will find a new GPSr under the tree........

j

Edited by jjreds

j

I have tested V5.7.2 with several databases, and the child waypoints are still the same as the parent icon. :laughing:

j

Hope this helps JJ.

Cheers.

"3.5.3 To use your own TourGuide alert tone check "Use my alert?" on the advanced option form. You can add 3 custom files by replacing TourGuideLoud.mp3/.wav, TourGuideMedium.mp3/.wav and TourGuideSoft.mp3/.wav. The 200-Series Nuvis use the .wav file, all others use .mp3. If the sound file is not found with the correct name it will use the default even if the option is checked. "

Hi JJ,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've been laying with this line :

$Temp = Replace("@geofilejpg"," <link href="+Quote("file://$gOOFypATH/$gOOFyDB/$Embedded_POIL_File")+"/>",$Temp,True)

and it seems to be working as well... will continue testing this.

I should've read all the logs. :)

I found a bug about this. The macro will always replace the sound (at least the wav files) with the included ones.

I think the culprit is this sub : BEGINSUB Name=Unzip_Bitmaps_and_Sound_Files

Theres no check to see if the USE my sounds checkbox is checked so it just replaces it no matter what.

Even after starting the macro and replacing the soundfil, during execution it still ends up with the included sound file.

Edited by ZeMartelo

j

After upgrading to 5.8, all POIs are listed 3 times on my Nuvi 760 (both parent and childs).

When viewing the map on a traditional cache listed, all 3 has the same icon, but when viewing the map on a child, e.g. Parking Area, the first in the list displays the right Parking icon, while the 2 others listed displays the parent icon.

j

After upgrading to 5.8, all POIs are listed 3 times on my Nuvi 760 (both parent and childs).

When viewing the map on a traditional cache listed, all 3 has the same icon, but when viewing the map on a child, e.g. Parking Area, the first in the list displays the right Parking icon, while the 2 others listed displays the parent icon.

Hey catch, try removing all POI fromt he Nuvi using POI_Loader first and reinstall again.

It sounds like the nuvi has three copies of the POIs installed.

j

Sounds like POIL is picking up some files from previous runs. One of things we loose when giving the option to change the output path is the ability to clean-up files from previous runs and prevent POIL from picking up old data and duplicates. (the very reason I resisted)

j

j

Hope this helps JJ.

Cheers.

Hi JJ,

$Temp = Replace("@geofilejpg"," <link href="+Quote("file://$gOOFypATH/$gOOFyDB/$Embedded_POIL_File")+"/>",$Temp,True)

I should've read all the logs. :)

I found a bug about this. The macro will always replace the sound (at least the wav files) with the included ones.

I think the culprit is this sub : BEGINSUB Name=Unzip_Bitmaps_and_Sound_Files

Theres no check to see if the USE my sounds checkbox is checked so it just replaces it no matter what.

Even after starting the macro and replacing the soundfil, during execution it still ends up with the included sound file.

Sorry the instruction is completely wrong! Replace the sound files in the output folders, not the tools folder. That way you can have a different alert for each database and if using custom POI's each POI type.

j

Edited by jjreds

j

Sounds like POIL is picking up some files from previous runs. One of things we loose when giving the option to change the output path is the ability to clean-up files from previous runs and prevent POIL from picking up old data and duplicates. (the very reason I resisted)

Yes, you are right. I can see that there are two subfolders from previous runs in my main db folder, and I guess POIL picks up from all 3. I also noticed that loading the POIs to the Nuvi took alot longer time than before.

Edited by Catch

<snip>

Hi JJ,

<snip>

I seem to recall that POIL had problems on some systems if the full path wasn't specified, but we'll leave as is and see if anyone has issues. I'd really like to get to the bottom of the multiple alerts if you're looking for some work....... :laughing:

<snip>

Hi JJ,

<snip>

I seem to recall that POIL had problems on some systems if the full path wasn't specified, but we'll leave as is and see if anyone has issues. I'd really like to get to the bottom of the multiple alerts if you're looking for some work....... :laughing:

Me too I am looking to see if the multiple alerts can be fixed. I am trying to find the format of the GPX file to work with it.

On a side note regarding user notes, was it intended that every single cache includes all the user notes?

I thought it would be better that the usernotes only be included in the appropriate cache?

Hi Jjreds,

First I like to thank you for adding the usernote option!

As ZeMartelo noted, caches has a usernote that is not always the usernote of the appropriate cache. I checked the code and a couple of lines are changed compared to the code I sent to you. The code is more compact now, but the variable $UserNote is not cleared when the cache do not contain a usernote. So the last usernote will be added to the next processed caches without a usernote.

The solution is easy:

Add the code below on line 1381 (just before the last ENDIF)

ELSE
  $UserNote=""

I checked the macro with this modification and it is running fine. Caches without a usernote will not have any additional note (not even the word "Usernote").

With kind regards,

Joker009

Hi Jjreds,

First I like to thank you for adding the usernote option!

As ZeMartelo noted, caches has a usernote that is not always the usernote of the appropriate cache. I checked the code and a couple of lines are changed compared to the code I sent to you. The code is more compact now, but the variable $UserNote is not cleared when the cache do not contain a usernote. So the last usernote will be added to the next processed caches without a usernote.

The solution is easy:

Add the code below on line 1381 (just before the last ENDIF)

ELSE
  $UserNote=""

I checked the macro with this modification and it is running fine. Caches without a usernote will not have any additional note (not even the word "Usernote").

With kind regards,

Joker009

Sry trashed your code Joker :rolleyes: fixed in v5.8.1

thks

j

Hi jjreds,

I'm having trouble sidplaying the POI creation date.

I've run the macro a number of times, being careful to click the creation box in the configuration. It appears to save the setting. I then create the GPX file and install it on my Nuvi. When I check the POI for a cache, there is no POI creation date.

I then check back to the macro and what was previously saved is no longer saved, that is the POI creation tick box is now cleared whereas when I created the GPX it was set to display the POI creation date.

This did work in the first release but does not work with the latest release.

Whilst on the subject of the POI creation date, is it possible to code that it used the PC date format?

Us aussies downunder use the DD/MM/YYYY format for dates!!

Thanks again for this great nuvi GSAK macro.

Same results here but for me it is not that big of a deal. I did find that I am getting the user notes (great) and also the USER LOG (not so great for me). Is this the way the macro was intended for the results. If so I can live with it. Great to have the user notes.

Hi jjreds,

I've run the macro a number of times, being careful to click the creation box in the configuration. It appears to save the setting. I then create the GPX file and install it on my Nuvi. When I check the POI for a cache, there is no POI creation date.

I then check back to the macro and what was previously saved is no longer saved, that is the POI creation tick box is now cleared whereas when I created the GPX it was set to display the POI creation date.

Whilst on the subject of the POI creation date, is it possible to code that it used the PC date format?

I have the Nivi 760 and have the same problem stated above. In addition, I am not getting any spoiler pictures. You get an inidcation that the picture might be there but no way to select them.

Thanks for a super great Macro that has helped us all.

Ken

Hi jjreds,

try v5.8.3

still unable to test here

j

Same results here but for me it is not that big of a deal. I did find that I am getting the user notes (great) and also the USER LOG (not so great for me). Is this the way the macro was intended for the results. If so I can live with it. Great to have the user notes.

No sure what you mean by "USER LOG". Do you mean the logs that appear after the description or something else?

Hi jjreds,

try v5.8.3

still unable to test here

j

Nivi 760 here and no change with v5.8.3

Used notes appearing ok but no spoiler pictures. Everything else ok.