It never hurts to ask...donations anyone?

UOTrackers

I use this phrase a lot, I guess it's sorta a mantra of mine. It never hurts to ask, the worst I can get is a bunch of "no's" in which case I'm no worse off then when I started.

Every year (as most of you know) I walk for the March of Dimes in memory of the children I have lost and the one beautiful girl I have. Each year I try and outdo my previous years collection efforts. This year my family was the Ambassador family for our region. I had several very kind donations from coiners both in the form of coins to sell and money for the cause. It occurred to me that though the auctions and sales I hold help, they could be a bit more special. I've since asked the mints who take on my design orders if they would donate 2 special coins from my design in a set of baby hued colors. For example the pinwheels (when they get done) will have 2 in very light pastel colors. Paula of Cinema Boxers offered to do 1 Baby Pink Carousel Horse and one Baby Blue Carousel Horse. My plan is to auction these special coins off next year. So my "never hurts to ask" question is, would anyone else producing a coin be interested in doing a special auction edition with baby colors and donate it? If you are please email me. I'll dig up this thread each time I get a new "Donation" coin with pictures and credit, (along with probably lots of thanks yous!)

OH PS. This year my total raised was $1915!!!! $1000 more than last year! I love saving babies!

Edited by UOTrackers

I'll start this ball rolling :D This cause is close to my heart too, and any advancements made via the US will help Canadian children too.

I'll keep this pastel request in mind over the next few months. When we're sending our own designed coins to production - if the coin will suit pastel, I'll get one or two made in those finishes and send them to you.

I'll start this ball rolling :D This cause is close to my heart too, and any advancements made via the US will help Canadian children too.

I'll keep this pastel request in mind over the next few months. When we're sending our own designed coins to production - if the coin will suit pastel, I'll get one or two made in those finishes and send them to you.

:) Thank you, I know some designs are hard to "pastelize"

I've received some GREAT coins to use so far. I've added the pictures to my site but I do not have all their information yet. I'd still be so grateful for any other coins that get donated for this cause. If you are a designer who gets paid for your time and work with coins, please consider asking for a special coin of your design with baby colors to add to this group to be auctioned. If you'd like more information please email me at info@wicksworksdesign.com

Here's the coins I have so far! They will NOT be auctioned until January 2009.

MOD007black.jpg

MOD007blue.jpg

MODfftb.jpg

MODboys.jpg

MODgirls.jpg

MODflips.jpg