Your Nearest Found (or unfound) Cache

to update my own topic, i finally found that cache that was .8 miles from me, now i can stop thinking about the cache. i now got one 1.2 miles away that would be on my unfound list. its a multi, and ive already tried for it, placed the second coords in my Tom and it took me to an overpass........gotta figure this one out

Nearest cache: 197' (a cache I own in a park across the road)

Nearest found cache: .5 miles

Nearest unfound cache: 1.7 miles, a cache that was published about a week ago, rated 4 stars. It's located on an old steam train near a busy intersection. The owner has placed only one cache and has only one find (in 2004). The cache size is "unknown". There are 7 DNFs (no finds) from five different cachers.

Next closest unfound cache: 9.7 miles, DNFd on this one yesterday. the previous two logs are also DNFs, including one by a cacher that has over 4400 finds.

total number of caches withing 10 miles of my home coordinates: 155

total number of unfound caches within 10 miles: 2 (it was zero a couple of weeks ago)

Update. I found the 4 star cache 1.7 miles away. It was a tricky one but has been found by five others now. The CO added a clue to the listing which helped a lot. The train was also recently painted but that didn't stop a few people from searching for it.

The one at 9.7 miles I DNFd on again. I took some photos of the area and show them to the last person that found it and she said that the hiding spot may be gone and is now a pile of wood chips in the middle of a trail. I posted that the CO should check it out but I haven't seen an update on the listing. The closest to me now is one 8.7 miles away, placed by the same owner as the one at 9.7 miles. It's also a film container in the woods up a steep trail. I'll probably get to it next week or possibly this weekend.

Nearest found not owned - 0.3miles

Nearest owned - 0.2 miles

Nearest not found not owned - 0.4miles ...and this is due to not doing my homework. Was doing a bike ride around the area for exercise and to clean up some unfound locals. Just dumped a quick PQ on the PDA and uploaded the coords to the GPSr and headed out. Was pedalling to this one and as I was getting close I noticed it was at an interstate overpass. Thought that was odd so stopped and whipped out the PDA to read "Cache is not at listed coords".... oops. Didn't have time to do a puzzle while riding so it's still sitting in the unfound pile :(

Since I work a significant distance from home, and I do most of my caching after work:

Found: 0.9 miles

Unfound: 0.6 miles. Unlike the LPC that was about 0.3 miles from the door of my building, I'm not avoiding this one; I've been meaning for literally years to do it, especially since I had plans to hide one with the same idea before this one was placed. I just haven't got around it.

I dealt with this one yesterday. Now it's 1.2 to the nearest unfound from work.

My nearest found is 0.9 miles.

Nearest unfound is 2.9 miles.

Nearest found is .4 miles.

Nearest unfound is 24 miles.

Farthest unfound 427 miles.

Wouldn't your farthest unfound be somewhere on the opposite side of the globe, or potentially 12,400 miles away?

LOL..

but I never searched for a cache that far away. would be kinda cool to try and find one that far away though.

taking a page out of the other topic of your farthest away cache, what's your nearest found cache?

to make it even more fun, what's your nearest UNFOUND cache?

my nearest found cache is .3 miles northwest of me (it's my cache), the other found cache near me is also .3 miles from me

my nearest UNFOUND cache is .8 miles from me, and i even know where it is. It's a multi/puzzle cache at the top of my road which i pass by almost EVERY DAY, and it's getting on my nerves

I'm not sure how I missed this thread. Good idea!

My nearest found cache is 0.1 mile

My nearest unfound cache is 1.5 miles

P.S. In case some of you missed it you can post your farthest away found cache here.

taking a page out of the other topic of your farthest away cache, what's your nearest found cache?

to make it even more fun, what's your nearest UNFOUND cache?

my nearest found cache is .3 miles northwest of me (it's my cache), the other found cache near me is also .3 miles from me

my nearest UNFOUND cache is .8 miles from me, and i even know where it is. It's a multi/puzzle cache at the top of my road which i pass by almost EVERY DAY, and it's getting on my nerves

I'm not sure how I missed this thread. Good idea!

My nearest found cache is 0.1 mile

My nearest unfound cache is 1.5 miles

P.S. In case some of you missed it you can post your farthest away found cache here.

wow, i completely forgot about this thread.......

That puzzle cache is now found. was quite hard. took me a few times to find it. Neighbor (who looked like a biker) didn't help much.

now my nearest unfound is 1.7 miles from me. it's my friends cache. Shouldn't be hard to find

Nearest found is 23 feet from my computer. (yarly)

Nearest unfound is .7mi, and it's primarily because I haven't been to the ice cream stand since it was placed. :D

does that mean it's outside your house?

Naw, I keep my PC in a tree-stand in the woods. :)

Yep. Right outside. Just a quick, easy, kid friendly cash n dash, and a chance to meet some really nice cachers.

Nearest found is 23 feet from my computer. (yarly)

Nearest unfound is .7mi, and it's primarily because I haven't been to the ice cream stand since it was placed. :D

does that mean it's outside your house?

Naw, I keep my PC in a tree-stand in the woods. :)

Yep. Right outside. Just a quick, easy, kid friendly cash n dash, and a chance to meet some really nice cachers.

your only 250 miles from me. someday, i'll come for that cache