Caching In The Rain

Even Britain Has got Talent was won by a young lad 'Singing in the Rain'. Recently, if we are out geocaching and it happens to rain, so be it, thats the luck of the draw. However if it is raining before we have even set off then we do not go geocaching. The wet paths, mud, dripping branches, wet grass and nettles are just too awful to make it any fun. Are there many of you that go out searching for caches despite the fact that it's pouring down? :):D

Well before I got addicted :) to caching I would NEVER have gone out walking in the rain. Recently Pklong and I went caching and it was raining most of if not all of the time and I have to say I had loads of fun the rain was all part of it. It was a great laugh sloshing boots and all! So if I want to go caching rain wouldnt stop me at all :D

I'd rather get soaking wet while-a-caching :D than stay in and watch....

a performing dog??

2 blokes doing kung-fu dancin'

a fat kid.

a mini-me version of Sarah Brightman

and a kid performing his school "turn" of Singin in the Rain...(Morecambe and Wise were better!)

and the most entertaining,the Punjabi guys didn't even win.

:)

Yes, me, In Dublin... Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"The Blorenges (MrsB, to be precise) couldn't find Dublin Can Be Heaven (Multi-cache)

Ever had the feeling that your destiny is NOT to find a particular cache? Started on this one this morning, in steady rain. Everything was very green... and very wet... but I could appreciate that it would be a lovely park to visit in better conditions. Wandered around the statues and found the required numbers, put them into the co-ordinated, pressed "Go to" and went... to a lot of bushes near the perimeter of the park. Hmmmm. Nothing seemed to tie in with the hint so I backed out of the dripping undergrowth (getting some slightly odd looks from passing muggles) and looked around me again. It was getting wetter. Decided to head back to the Mont Clare Hotel for a dry-off and re-think. Back there, gently steaming dry, I re-read the description on the laptop - doh! - I'd made a silly error with the answer to the third question. So just before tea I headed back for another go... (Still raining). This time I managed to slip on a wet step and ended up with a very muddy knee, but got to the right location. However, there was a group of 4 young lads chatting and drinking under the nearby shelter and I didn't feel comfortable searching around there while under observation. Never mind! Might have another go tomorrow... if the rain eases up :) "

That was my first two attempts at the cache. It took another abortive visit before I finally got it at the fourth try!

MrsB :D

I wouldn't normally go off in the rain but last December I was in France with The Magnificant Marjory, Mad Mick and Scots Lassie and we had a cache planned to visit, plus I was carrying TBs that I'd promised to drop.

To be fair, it stopped for the five minutes we started out of the car, but not long after the rain came down and the wind picked up. We found the cache. Started back down the hill/mountain towards the car when the local ranger turned up to tell us we needed to get off the mountain and out of the woods a.s.a.p as the weather was now so bad there were safety problems with falling trees. We got down safely and decided to have a rather good lunch instead of proceeding to the second cache we'd planned!

We'd planned it weeks in advance:

Catch an overnight ferry to Hook of Holland but leave home early enough to allow for plenty of stops and and explore Cambridge en route.

It was an total wash out! We ended up doing only a handful on the way and just one cache in Cambridge (a puzzle we were determined to do). We got absolutely drenched!.

The muggles didn't seem to be put off at all by the rain either <_<

So, the rain doesn't make us stop; it just slows us down a bit. B)

Living in Devon I'm not used to caching in the rain at all.

The sun shines every day, from dawn to dusk - apart from Christmas morning when we get a guaranteed fall of at least 6 inches of crisp pure white snow......

The only things marring the perfect serenity of the Devon countryside are the rustling the savanna breeze makes as it lazes through the fronds of the palm trees - and the flapping of the flamingo's wings as they beat across the Exe estuary above frollicking porpoises............

<_<:DB)B)B)

Living in Devon I'm not used to caching in the rain at all.

The sun shines every day, from dawn to dusk - apart from Christmas morning when we get a guaranteed fall of at least 6 inches of crisp pure white snow......

The only things marring the perfect serenity of the Devon countryside are the rustling the savanna breeze makes as it lazes through the fronds of the palm trees - and the flapping of the flamingo's wings as they beat across the Exe estuary above frollicking porpoises...........B):D<_<B)B)

...and your Sig line now makes perfect sense !

MrsB B):D

I know lots of the UK has had LOADS of rain this week, but here in Wirral, we've had wall to wall sunshine since last Thursday bar an hour of VERY light on and off drizzle on Sunday morning.

It's been beautiful... the only catch? Been stuck in work all week, or I'd have been out caching!!!

North Wales has been sunny too - I see the Carneddau range of mountains in Snowdonia on my way to work in the morning (better than concrete cows :rolleyes: ) and the mountains have been clear all week. Maybe its true - West is Best!

Going back on Topic - if its tipping down - I won't go out caching. But if I'm already out and starts tipping down - I'll usually persevere. I remember doing a run of caches along the Clwydian Range. Moel Famau, Foel Fenlli and Moel-y-Gwy. A walk of about 5 miles, up hill and down dale (or should I say 'i fyny bryn a i lawr a nant'? :lol: ) and when we reached the apex of the walk at Moel-y-Gwy the heavens opened.

So we had to trudge back, up hill and down dale in heavy heavy rain to get back to the car. No water proofs. The seats took a few weeks to dry out completely. And all to sign a little book in a butty box in a hedge somewhere.... :lol: