Colorado 300 Observation

I noticed that when I get .gpx files from GC.com and add them to my unit, they run fine, I can get directions and distance to cache with out issue. However, when I over write that file in the unit, I can not get those details. I can see them on the map, but it will not auto route, or when I get close, tell me how far I am from it in driving mode or Geocache mode.

To fix/avoid this issue, I

1) hook the unit up to the PC

2) delete the existing GPX file

3) disconnect the unit

4) turn it on, let it boot up

5) reconnect

6) copy the new GPX file

7) disconnect

Is there an easier way? This way is time consuming (not to bad but enough to be annoying).

I noticed that when I get .gpx files from GC.com and add them to my unit, they run fine, I can get directions and distance to cache with out issue. However, when I over write that file in the unit, I can not get those details. I can see them on the map, but it will not auto route, or when I get close, tell me how far I am from it in driving mode or Geocache mode.

To fix/avoid this issue, I

1) hook the unit up to the PC

2) delete the existing GPX file

3) disconnect the unit

4) turn it on, let it boot up

5) reconnect

6) copy the new GPX file

7) disconnect

Is there an easier way? This way is time consuming (not to bad but enough to be annoying).

I just got a colorado 300 and haven't experienced anything like that. I loaded a GC file the other day and went out caching then I deleted it this morning and put in a new GC file and I was was ready to go. I only have topo loaded on my unit which doesn't auto route. However all the GCs were there and told me how close I was to them.

What I did was

1) Hook up unit to PC

2) Delete the file from unit

3) Upload new file

4) Disconnect from PC

5) Boot up GPS

I just did this, because I am going out caching this morning, so I wanted to see if the distance decreased so I walked down my street with the unit and sure enough the caches were getting closer.

Are you running the latest 2.51 software? Also, is this to the SD card or the internal memory?

Assuming that this is to internal memory you should be able to overwrite the previous file without having to reboot in between. I have seen some strange behavior with geocaches being loaded from the SD card (they seem to reload every time you boot).

GO$Rs

Edited by g-o-cashers

Mac or Windows?

Individual files, pocket query or GSAK?

On my Colorado 300, running the 2.51 beta firmware, I've used the pocket queries most of the time, with an occasional individual cache done from GC and the send to GPS button using Garmin Communicator. With the pocket queries, I just copy / delete the file(s) to the SD card using Windows explorer and it works fine.

Mac or Windows?

On my Colorado 300, running the 2.51 beta firmware, I've used the pocket queries most of the time, with an occasional individual cache done from GC and the send to GPS button using Garmin Communicator. With the pocket queries, I just copy / delete the file(s) to the SD card using Windows explorer and it works fine.

I just upgraded to the new firmware, I'll see how it goes from there.

Mac or Windows?

I just upgraded to the new firmware, I'll see how it goes from there.

If on a Macintosh, you must empty the trash after deleting files, they play ok together, just not ready

to go steady yet.

Norm