New Builder does not load cartridges

TravelingViking

I had some issues with tasks not becoming active on a Colorado, where it worked fine on the Emulator - so I thought why not try the latest builder seeing that there was a new release.

Well with that I cannot read anny of my previous cartridges and even the demo cartridges like the Zoo do not load. The error message is:

Error Reading Cartridge.

System.MissingMethodException: method not found: 'System.Collections.ArrayList ZonesFramework.Zobne.get_ZCommands()'

Where can I still get a copy of the previous version of the builder?

Olaf

What is the deal with this? I understand they are still saying this is all a work in progress and such but why is it that it seems with almost each upgrade to the builder the cartridges built in the previous version no longer work and you need to go back to an older builder. I hate to have different builders on different machines just so I can continuing working on some of the new things but need a machine ready to make changes to the old ones. I think one thing for future builds is to work on his issue. Just my opinion.

In regards to a site with old versions here is a link I found on one of Ranger Fox's posts on another thread.

http://www.devfolio.com/geocaching/Wherigo/archive/

What is the deal with this? I understand they are still saying this is all a work in progress and such but why is it that it seems with almost each upgrade to the builder the cartridges built in the previous version no longer work and you need to go back to an older builder. I hate to have different builders on different machines just so I can continuing working on some of the new things but need a machine ready to make changes to the old ones. I think one thing for future builds is to work on his issue. Just my opinion.

In regards to a site with old versions here is a link I found on one of Ranger Fox's posts on another thread.

Looks like I am now in this situation:

ZonesEngine

And I have this even with the older version, so has nothing to do with the version/release. Somehow my PC came into this state.

Weird thing is even if I create a new catridge, save it, and try to justload it again, it can't load it.

Here is the error:

zoneserror.JPG

Translation of the German part: Application not started, wrong config, try a re-install

Olaf

I had some issues with tasks not becoming active on a Colorado, where it worked fine on the Emulator - so I thought why not try the latest builder seeing that there was a new release.

Well with that I cannot read anny of my previous cartridges and even the demo cartridges like the Zoo do not load. The error message is:

Error Reading Cartridge.

System.MissingMethodException: method not found: 'System.Collections.ArrayList ZonesFramework.Zobne.get_ZCommands()'

Where can I still get a copy of the previous version of the builder?

Olaf

Olaf,

Could you send me your cartridge? I haven't heard of this happening with the latest release so I'll test this with your cart. Try uninstalling the builder on your machine and reinstalling the latest version on the Wherigo web site.

David

Edited by davidloew

The latest builder on the web site is and should be %100 backward compatible. Sometimes, when installing the builder it doesn't replace the ZonesEngine.dll and this causes the errors I've been seeing with others. The latest install on the Wherigo web site is what we call a release version (the executable and dll's are all "release" versions of the codebase). So, I would suggest a complete uninstall of the builder via the Control Panel, remove programs and then an install of the builder from the web site.

David

The latest builder on the web site is and should be %100 backward compatible. Sometimes, when installing the builder it doesn't replace the ZonesEngine.dll and this causes the errors I've been seeing with others. The latest install on the Wherigo web site is what we call a release version (the executable and dll's are all "release" versions of the codebase). So, I would suggest a complete uninstall of the builder via the Control Panel, remove programs and then an install of the builder from the web site.

David

I have to say that this is not the source of the problem in my case. Every time (not sometimes) when I downgrade builder to the older working version there is not any zonesEngine.dll error and everything is working well. But if I upgrade to the newer (date 16.4 or newer) or latest one, there is zonesEngine problem. And every time I have removed older version by using Windows add/remove software functionality. And of course checked that there is not any ZonesEngine.dll files left in any directories and zoneEngine.dll file has been changed.

I still wait some bug correction or some other workaround to this serious problem. It is not possible to develop new Cartridges by using that older version every time. I need new working version if I want to continue to develop new Cartridges.

Edited by vphakli

David

I did a complete update of Windows XP, installing seveal things - too many to list, including an update of .NET - now it works: using .NET 2.0 service pack 1 - wich I thought I had before...

So I am back running and am now back to a task not firing on Colorado (but in Emulator and on Pocket PC), more about that in extra post...

Olaf

David

I have doen the uninstall and all that good stuff but whenever I go to load my two older catridges I get error messages but if I use the older builder it works just fine. Its the cartdige not compatible error. For the most part I am good right now due to the fact the Colorado has not had any updates since the last builder I use and will worry more when they get a new update.

I did a complete update of Windows XP, installing seveal things - too many to list, including an update of .NET - now it works: using .NET 2.0 service pack 1 - wich I thought I had before...

So I am back running and am now back to a task not firing on Colorado (but in Emulator and on Pocket PC), more about that in extra post...

Olaf

I think it has something to do with .NET...perhaps it is problem because I can't update that .NET 2.0 service pack 1. I get the message that system doesn't support that Service Pack? I use Windows Vista Home Basic OS with AMD64 processor...Perhaps I have to reinstall my Vista or by a new PC...

Might as well delete everything in "Program Files/Groundspeak/Wherigo" just in case as well.

%100 backward compatible

<Snicker> That wasn't intentional, was it?

its

a) dark and rainy here and it supposed to be June?

:D not enough coffee

c) ok, it's intentional...

It's also easy to keep your own archive, disk space permitting. When you download a new builder version, choose "Save" instead of "Run". Save the setup file under a unique filename that reflects the version. Once the download completes, run the file you saved to install the new version. If you ever need to roll back, you can simply run the appropriate setup again.

Of course, remember to uninstall the currently installed version each time.

Has there been any updates to this thread? I was going to go back and make some changes to my cartridge and the builder that I used a year ago all of a suddne gives me the same error. I suspect it has something to do with the version of the .NET Framework. Perhaps I picked up a new version in the past year through Windows update. Now Im stuck and I need to make some changes. Help!!!

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.ArrayList ZonesFramework.Zone.get_ZCommands()'.

at ZonesAuthor.usercontrols.uBaseAttributes.LoadEventTemplateList(ZObject zObject)

at ZonesAuthor.usercontrols.uBaseAttributes.BuildEventList()

at ZonesAuthor.usercontrols.uBaseAttributes.BindControls()

at ZonesAuthor.usercontrols.uBaseAttributes.SetZObject(ZObject zObject)

at ZonesAuthor.ZObjects.frmCartridge.BindData()

at ZonesAuthor.ZObjects.frmCartridge..ctor(ZObject zObject)

at ZonesAuthor.frmMain.menuNew_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()

at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

WherigoBuilder

Assembly Version: 2.0.5129.5086

Win32 Version: 2.0.5129.5086

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Groundspeak/Wherigo/Builder/WherigoBuilder.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

ZonesFramework

Assembly Version: 1.0.2104.4260

Win32 Version: 1.0.2104.4260

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Groundspeak/Wherigo/Builder/ZonesFramework.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.