Getting CityNav NT onto my 400t

I just got my Colorado 400t today. This is my first GPS unit, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my City Navigator map into the unit.

I assumed it would "install" to the unit when I installed it to my PC, but now I wonder if I'm not just supposed to save a map with the entire region I want to the unit.

I tried looking for a guide to this. Is there a guide? or a kind soul willing to help a newbie?

I registered and unlocked the map--it loads in Mapsource just fine. FWIW, it does NOT yet show up in mygarmin in the myMaps section.

Thanks

--Jeff

Assuming everything is installed and unlocked properly in Mapsource (which it sounds like it is) goto Tools->Map to enable the map tool. Zoom out to the 1000mi scale so that you can see all of North America and with your cursor select the entire map. If you look in the Maps tab you should around 64 maps selected.

At this point connect your Colorado to your computer and wait until it is in USB mass storage mode. Then select Transfer->Send To Device, make sure Maps is checked and hit Send.

You didn't mention whether you are using an SD card or not. You'll have the choice in the Send To Device window to select either the Colorado (internal memory) or the SD card in the Device drop down menu.

GO$Rs

Depends on how much space you have on the internal memory. If you want to have both the City Nav maps *and* another type of map, you have to select both and build them together. The combined maps may exceed the amount of memory you have.

If you are using the SD card, the fastest way to load maps on them is to use an SD card reader. This lets the PC talk to the SD card much faster than the Colorado will let you.

Edited by qlenfg

Depends on how much space you have on the internal memory. If you want to have both the City Nav maps *and* another type of map, you have to select both and build them together. The combined maps may exceed the amount of memory you have.

If you are using the SD card, the fastest way to load maps on them is to use an SD card reader. This lets the PC talk to the SD card much faster than the Colorado will let you.

I just got my Colorado 400t and I have been trying to figure this out as well...

Do you have to use Mapsource to copy the files to the SD card exlusively, or can you just copy the whole City Navigator folder to the SD card with all the .img files? if so, is there a directory name i need to do this as?

is this possible at all?

help :o

I just got my Colorado 400t and I have been trying to figure this out as well...

Do you have to use Mapsource to copy the files to the SD card exlusively, or can you just copy the whole City Navigator folder to the SD card with all the .img files? if so, is there a directory name i need to do this as?

is this possible at all?

help :o

You need to use Mapsource to build the map set and send it to either internal memory or the SD card. You don't want to copy to these drives directly.

GO$Rs