Finally home from GW VI Cointest

Vegas Gamblers

We finally arrived home today from our road trip to Geowoodstock. We began the trip on May 17th. At GW VI, we met up with many of our "old" friends and made some new ones (hopfully). We also made some great trades and were given more great coins. During the road trip, to and from GW VI, we made many stops and visited many interesting places.

My challenge for you is to guess how many miles we traveled, round trip, down to the tenth of a mile. You get only one post but you can make two guesses in that post. If you make more than one post, your first post/guess will be the one that counts.

I will list the cities that we stayed in and tell you how many nights we were at each location. Just remember, we did some caching and sight seeing along the way. Furthermore, keep in mind that we did not take the direct route to each city every time. The winner will be the closest guess without going over.

Left Milwaukee, Wisconsin to the following cities:

Ogallala, Nebraska (One Night)

Moab, Utah (Two Nights)

Reno, Nevada (One Night)

San Francisco, California (One Night)

Carmel By The Sea, California (One Night)

Rocklin, California (Two Nights) -- GW VI

Shelter Cove Humbolt County, California (Two Nights)

Salem, Oregon (One Night)

West Yellowstone, Montana (Two Nights)

Custer, South Dakota (Two Nights)

Baraboo, Wisconsin (One Night)

FINALLY: Back home in my own bed!!!

Okay, this cointest will close in 24 hours or more exact will close June 3rd at 5:30 P.M. Central Time .

Any posts after that will not count.

What are you playing for, how about a complete set of our personal coin, three total, and some other things that I can fit into an envelope.

Good luck and happy guessing.

Edited by Vegas Gamblers

Welcome Home Vegas Gamblers. Glad your trip was a nice and relaxing vacation and everyone was safe. Wish we could of attended the GW6 event, but to many plans so far ahead of us here to be able to afford to be able to go. Maybe next here.

Here are our guesses: 5,989 or 6,023 miles round trip.

When we took vacation last fall out to Seattle and back and seeing alot of sights we put on over 6, 000 mileson our vehicle ourselves and had a awesome two weeks of vacation.

Barry and Valarie

AKA sweetlife

Dang Dude...Talk about a road trip!!! How was Shelter Cove? Cant say its not sheltered-eh~You need some property? :rolleyes: ...You were right next door to CCL!

Im guessin somewheres in da NehBorHood of 5777.21 and to keep it simple lets go for 4777.21 Keep it real on the Vegas scene! Thanks for the trade, That sure is one shiney Big Ol Hunk of metal ya got there...You'll make one lucky winners collection about a half pound heavier and if there was a measurment for shinyness...Umm, it'd do that too!!!! :)

Sounds like a great time...What about a guess as to how much fuel you burned??? :D

Oh Boy!!! That was..!!! Congratulations my friend, and wellcome back home!

I have no idea about miles, and how far are all these places, but I will make a guess for the fun of the cointest!

My guesses are: 5763.4 and 6257.6

Thank you for the cointest!!! :rolleyes:

Okay John and Sharon - I'll take a stab at this.

Taking into account that this was your vacation and you obviously make it a true 'roadtrip', I don't believe that you followed "bob's road" for any length of time. Therefore, I would think that you had your route preplaned. Having said that, the direct route would have taken 5658.6 miles from your place on 68th street; but you mentioned that you had gone caching and sightseeing as well... which takes additional mileage.

Since you both work for the Milwaukee PD, I am certain that there were more than one donut stops along the way :) - Additionally, since gambling is in your blood (along with your caching name), and taking into account that you stayed in Reno - even only for 1 night, I am sure you were some gambling fools thereby adding a few miles to your trip-o-meter.

Being from the west coast originally, I am certain that you browsed the bay area, but I am wary of Carmel by the Sea, since California has "Carmel" (Clint's town) and "Cardiff by the Sea", which I am sure you didn't go to - so Carmel it is...however, since my oldest brother lives in Placerville - east of Rocklin, I am certain you visited him - adding a few miles there.

Since you went to Salem, OR - I am sure you visited my other brother there - but he lives on the outskirts of town on the seaside (west). That adds on a few miles as well. I am just glad that you bypassed the armpit of Oregon (begins with an E). The cardboard factory stinks up I-5.

While you took your sweet time to get back through Yellowstone and Little Big Horn- there really isn't much cache saturation on that route, so extra mileage would have been kept to a minimum (there really isn't that much to see other than vast flatness).

Getting back to Circus town USA - one can only imagine that you attempted to join the circus by flashing a badge :D Since there are enough circus acts within the department in the first place, I'm sure you felt right at home there.. with only a few more miles to go back to 68th street.

Now, I know what you are thinking... why didn't I mention Ogallala and Moab... well the reason is simple. I have a friend in Grand Island, NE, and he said there is nothing but corn to the west of him, and since you didn't stay east, one can only assume that Nebraska was just a drive by - since there are cornfields in Wisconsin (if you see one, you have seen them all).

After all the publicity in the news about Utah, I think I shall leave UT alone - unless you were seeking another wife while traversing the state (pun, ppl); but Sharon was with and I think she can take you, so I think that was another drive by state - unless you went through the clay hills - which are VERY pretty - especially at dawn or sunset. While the original Moab's are located on Easter Island, I am only going to add a few miles for UT.

Well - since I have written you a long laundry list of items and things to consider for this cointest, I would like to personally welcome you both home (the beer is on the porch in the cooler by the front door); Paula and I hope you had a great time away from America's Dairyland.

When you deliver my coins, please bring me some fresh cheese curds :)

My guesses are 5859.8 and 6241.4

Again, I hope you enjoyed the story and really... welcome back - glad you both made it home safe and sound (or mildly unsound).

~CBs

Glad you had a safe journey! I would sure like to know how many caches you fit in :D .

My guesses are 6237.3 and 6509.2

thanks for the cointest!

Our trip was 6525.9 miles total.

gardengorilla is the winner with the guess of 6509.2 miles.

The guess was only 16.7 miles off.

Send me an email with your address gardengorilla via my profile and I will get the stuffed mailer out to you.

carodometer.jpg

Here is a sunset over the Pacific Ocean at Shelter Cove

GWVITrip177.jpg

And here is a big horn sheep in Custer State Park

GWVITrip432.jpg