coin designing color codes

UOTrackers

nothing in the post ...

Well thats odd...

OK so my question is recently I have seen a Pantone set with 301 Metallic Colors. I'm wondering if any other designers, minters or anyone else happens to know if these colors are useable for coins? I was told about a dozen or so are for pathtags, but I don't know which ones as of right now. Has anyone used a Metallic color?

I've had a few samples done using metallics, and there's unfortunately not as many choices as there are on a Pantone wheel. Basically you have a silver-ish and a dirty gold-ish, perhaps with lighter or darker possibilities, but everything always looked the same. I think you can get more "effect" from the sparkle enamels, but that's my angle.

I've had a few samples done using metallics, and there's unfortunately not as many choices as there are on a Pantone wheel. Basically you have a silver-ish and a dirty gold-ish, perhaps with lighter or darker possibilities, but everything always looked the same. I think you can get more "effect" from the sparkle enamels, but that's my angle.

I am new and found this through a Google alert on coin enameling. We specialize in color enameling. Another way you could go would be to use pearl colors a bit softer look than metallics but the same effect. Your pearls can be mixed to a light or heavy pearl effect. And any pantone color can be used. Just a thought.

Edited by jlwe