turn-by-turn directions

Rusty O Junk

In Build 2.0.5129.5086 a new action was added, Save and close the player and launch turn-by-turn directions on supported devices. How do I use this? Shouldn't there be a way to pass the target coordinates to the gps turn-by-turn routing? I tried fumbling around with it using a Colorado and it shut the cartridge down with this message.

error.jpg

I'm referencing the following: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloads...5&pID=11022

According to Garmin's site, they haven't released an update for the Colorado in almost two months. Regardless of what features Groundspeak puts into the player, they're unusable if Garmin doesn't provide an update.

Unless there's something I'm missing and an alternate download site for player updates? Even the WebUpdater application doesn't provide anything further I can install (aside from language packages).

I'm referencing the following: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloads...5&pID=11022

According to Garmin's site, they haven't released an update for the Colorado in almost two months. Regardless of what features Groundspeak puts into the player, they're unusable if Garmin doesn't provide an update.

Unless there's something I'm missing and an alternate download site for player updates? Even the WebUpdater application doesn't provide anything further I can install (aside from language packages).

you are correct, this is not yet supported on the colordo and wont be supported on ppc

Stupid to mention probably, but hopefully even though the functionality won't be supported, at least the call will, so we don't get a fatal exception or such on PPC. Ideally the Builder would avoid including the call, but it should at least be gracefully managed if it does get triggered.

Stupid to mention probably, but hopefully even though the functionality won't be supported, at least the call will, so we don't get a fatal exception or such on PPC. Ideally the Builder would avoid including the call, but it should at least be gracefully managed if it does get triggered.

Very good point. An "awareness" of the device or, at the very least, a try/catch block (pcall if it's executed in lua) should clear it right up.