explorist XL reading SD card from Explorist 500

Connect the 500 to your computer. Use the Windows explorer to find the caches file. Copy the file to a temporary folder on your PC. Disconnect 500. Connect XL. Use Windows explorer to find the folder for caches. Copy the files from your temporary folder to the XL.

A side question: Why do you want to copy the caches? It seems to me it would be easier to run a pocket query and get new, updated cache info to your XL.

I have exchanged cards between 500 and 600s, and copied files from one to another using the card. I believe you can do the same with the XL.

If your XL can read the files in the folders on the SD card from the 500 when it is in the XL, then copy the file from the SD card to the internal memory of your XL. You can use the file in the internal memory, or copy it to the SD card that you regularly use in your XL.

Be sure and make this file active so that you will see the caches on the map screen.