WTB: GPS for Soldier in Kuwait

Ok..looking for a GPS for my new son-in-law. He and my daughter were hitched just before he deployed. I introduced him to geocaching within the last year and ironically, he is the one who bought me MY first GPS...now I want to repay the favor.

Anything is acceptable as long as it is functional in the Middle East. I'm pretty sure that any GPS should operate over there...as long as you give it a chance to find the right sattilites...correct me if I'm wrong.

All offers considered. If you think this is a scam...I'll be more than happy to pay your price and the shipping fee and give you his base address so you can ship it personally to him.

Thanks.

Wildchld97,

I have a Garmin Venture. It isn't fancy and doesn't have maps but it works great for finding geocaches and is in excellent condition. I have the computer serial cable so you can use it to create tracks and download them to the unit off of a map. You can upload tracks from the unit, as well. It may take me a few days to round up the manual, computer cable. and software but if you want it, it's yours. Just PM me the address to ship to as I need nothing in return. I am not using the unit and I would love for it to go to someone serving our country.

GPSOkie

Ok..looking for a GPS for my new son-in-law. He and my daughter were hitched just before he deployed. I introduced him to geocaching within the last year and ironically, he is the one who bought me MY first GPS...now I want to repay the favor.

Anything is acceptable as long as it is functional in the Middle East. I'm pretty sure that any GPS should operate over there...as long as you give it a chance to find the right sattilites...correct me if I'm wrong.

All offers considered. If you think this is a scam...I'll be more than happy to pay your price and the shipping fee and give you his base address so you can ship it personally to him.

Thanks.

Ok..looking for a GPS for my new son-in-law ...

Hmmm ... wonder if we could scare up a few more GPSr units so he could share the adventure with the others in his outfit? Anyone else out there feeling benevolent towards our soldiers today?

(not said idly, I'm looking around to see if I can scare up a couple from my local caching community)

What branch of service are we talking about? Do you know how many guys are in his outfit?

Happy Trails!

Candy

Wildchld97,

I have a Garmin Venture. It isn't fancy and doesn't have maps but it works great for finding geocaches and is in excellent condition. I have the computer serial cable so you can use it to create tracks and download them to the unit off of a map. You can upload tracks from the unit, as well. It may take me a few days to round up the manual, computer cable. and software but if you want it, it's yours. Just PM me the address to ship to as I need nothing in return. I am not using the unit and I would love for it to go to someone serving our country.

GPSOkie

Thanks.

That's an absolutely awesome offer! Bless you ~ and all our soliders serving this great country!