Is it possible to change a cache?

I have a cache in my yard. I want to move it. It is not far enough to archive it and re-do it. But I do want to make it a puzzle cache. It is a regular cache now.

Is it possible, without archiving, to change the type of cache it is through the cache site? or will I have to archive it and re-do it?

If the nature of the cache is changing, it usually means you should archive and make it as a new cache. This will allow those who have found it before to find the new cache.

Otherwise, I think reviewers can change the type of the cache (but they might say something similar to the above)

You should start over with a new cache of the new type. Folks who found the traditional cache will appreciate their stats remaining accurate. Folks who find your new evil puzzle will appreciate that they are among a small elite group of finders, not mixed in with others who found a walk-up grab.

You'll also want to have a new cache so that finders of the old one will be alerted that there's a new cache for them to find in the area.

Reviewers will sometimes change cache types if there was a mistake made during the publication process. This sounds like a completely different cache.

Note: if the old cache is less than three months old, don't archive it yet or you will have the cache permanence guideline thrown in your face, tied to an admin brick.

We had a cacher around here who was the target of an admin brick. No one knows what happened, to him or the brick. Oh crap! I hope didn't just brake some obscure rule about divulging this info that would make the admins freeze my keybbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Note: if the old cache is less than three months old, don't archive it yet or you will have the cache permanence guideline thrown in your face, tied to an admin brick.

So you're saying, if one puts out a cache and dislikes it for whatever reason and therefore archives it in less than 3 months, GC will FORCE them to re-establish the cache?

I'd pay good money to see that "brick."

*mafia voice*

"you-a no-a put-a that-a cache-a back-a my-a cousin-a Vinny-a break-a you face-a!" :rolleyes: