unfindable caches

i've been reading my region's forums and came across "mean streak" GC12Z46. this very ingenious cache has gone over a year without a FTF. the logs have been entertainment to read, this being one of the latest..

So, all night last night, I'm talking over this nasty cache with a few of my co-workers that go out caching with me from time to time. Raging Badger decided to tag along with us as he has not had a crack at this one yet either. Half hour after we get there, the Badger decides that it's time to go for a little swim under the pavillion. Hats off to him as he managed to work his way a long way in there just to check out the underbelly of this beast! Well, after he crawled out from under there he was more determined than ever to find this so we then each took a section and went over every inch and still came up empty handed. Three hours later they all decided to have a fishing tournament with lengths of fishing line and hooks that we uncovered while searching for the cache.

So here are our totals for this location:

Fish caught - 14

Loaves of Bread Bought for Ducks & Fish Bait - 2

Red Herrings - 1

Caches - 0

Watching a cacher take an ice cold swim........PRICELESS!!!

There are some things money can't buy (Like another hint for this cache!!!)

For everything else, there's.....Well, you know the saying.

i would love to hear of other caches with such a reputation as mean streak. his son, rabold's revenge, GC1C8KG is getting off to a good start.

midnightrose

i've been reading my region's forums and came across "mean streak" GC12Z46. this very ingenious cache has gone over a year without a FTF. the logs have been entertainment to read, this being one of the latest..

So, all night last night, I'm talking over this nasty cache with a few of my co-workers that go out caching with me from time to time. Raging Badger decided to tag along with us as he has not had a crack at this one yet either. Half hour after we get there, the Badger decides that it's time to go for a little swim under the pavillion. Hats off to him as he managed to work his way a long way in there just to check out the underbelly of this beast! Well, after he crawled out from under there he was more determined than ever to find this so we then each took a section and went over every inch and still came up empty handed. Three hours later they all decided to have a fishing tournament with lengths of fishing line and hooks that we uncovered while searching for the cache.

So here are our totals for this location:

Fish caught - 14

Loaves of Bread Bought for Ducks & Fish Bait - 2

Red Herrings - 1

Caches - 0

Watching a cacher take an ice cold swim........PRICELESS!!!

There are some things money can't buy (Like another hint for this cache!!!)

For everything else, there's.....Well, you know the saying.

i would love to hear of other caches with such a reputation as mean streak. his son, rabold's revenge, GC1C8KG is getting off to a good start.

midnightrose

Hey, I recognize that post! :)

Mean Streak is definitely aggravating after a while. We are just running out of places to search for the little bugger! And we definitely don't care about the FTF claim or prizes anymore, we just want to know where it is!!!!

Kelly

(Are_we_there_yet?)