It's GeoLuau time! 8/16/08 Port Orchard

Shop99er

I'm with Jen on this SPAM business. Almost makes me glad I am having ear surgery and probably won't be at the GeoLuau. Every time someone mentions SPAM, it bring back unpleasant memories of two weeks of nothing to eat but SPAM and WWII powdered eggs. Oh almost forgot we did get powdered milk also. Not the good stuff like today but more like chalk and water. I was never so happy to catch up with my ship and have some good old SOS, which I liked and still do. Dick

Edited by W7WT

GeoLuau is right around the corner!

Please register for your pre-printed badge and SPAM carving soon if you already haven't.

Remember to bring a change of clothing for the kids if they play in the pool and a couple of towels is always a good idea!

Don't forget your GPS and 'player fee' (see the web site for information) if you want to test your luck at our GPS Accuracy Game.

Unfortunately there will be no special Shop99er brew this year but you are invited to join us at the Adventurers Lounge. We'll have a few special beers for you to sample and we encourage you to bring a 'sixer' to include.

ALOHA!!

Unfortunately there will be no special Shop99er brew this year but you are invited to join us at the Adventurers Lounge. We'll have a few special beers for you to sample and we encourage you to bring a 'sixer' to include.

Just a reminder...If you want a nifty preprinted name badge, you need to be registered by Wednesday, as that is when registration will close.

Also, In regards to the brew at the Luau, if you want to post the name of 'sixer' you are bringing on here, it may help in keeping a variety available for tasting.

I plan on bringing at least a 'twelver' of Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat.

5 days and counting!!!

We are looking at some HOT and SUNNY weather on Saturday!!

Please remember to bring some sun screen and a hat. We will try to have plenty of water on hand to drink but it wouldn't hurt to bring some of your own in case we run short.

We are going to pepper the park with tents for you to get in out of the sun if you want and that will include areas where the kids will stand to wait to play the games.

In addition we are going to have one long tented area with water misters to help cool you off and we are going to set up a couple of water sprinkler things for the kids.

Those of you bringing dogs please remember to bring extra dog bowls for drinking and keep an eye on your furry friends. If someone has a plastic kiddie pool they wanted to bring that is only for dogs please do.

See you all Saturday!

Thank you everyone for coming out and having a good time!

Special thanks to the Shop99er Crew who knocked it out of the park again! Couldn't do it without you guys!

Also big thanks to all the people who stepped up to help during and after the Luau. Thank you Miriah for helping with the kids. Thank you ProjectFreds, J0hnnyCache and Roocifer for helping get things thrown in the trucks after the event.

HUGE thanks for the extra tents, chairs, bounce house, misters... oh just thank you all for everything.

I think this was the best Luau so far! Lets do it again next year!