Unable to create a Bookmark

TotemLake

Howdy!

I tried to create a new bookmark and landed on the "Sorry! We encountered an error when requesting that page!"

I did a quick search and didn't see anything over the past month on this issue. I tried logging off then logging back on to refresh my cookies and that didn't work.

Any help will be appreciated. I have an upcoming HOTM and would like to get the target caches bookmarked for reference.

Thanks!

TL

Yes there is a limit of 20 bookmark lists. but sometimes it allows 21.

Thank you! I suspected as much. I have 21. :angry: I looked at the description at the membership benefits and didn't find that info there. You might want to consider adding that in (unless I missed it :) )

Hmm...I currently have 22. And I agree with TotemLake...that should be noted somewhere on the site...like in the Premium Member features or on the Bookmark page itself. I just spent quite a bit of time looking for a restriction like that all over the site, logging out and logging in....very frustrating. Being able to create bookmark lists is one of the main reasons why I became a Premium Member.

Do the "Archived" lists count in that tally or are they gone for good once they've been archived?

Hmm...I currently have 22. And I agree with TotemLake...that should be noted somewhere on the site...like in the Premium Member features or on the Bookmark page itself. I just spent quite a bit of time looking for a restriction like that all over the site, logging out and logging in....very frustrating. Being able to create bookmark lists is one of the main reasons why I became a Premium Member.

Do the "Archived" lists count in that tally or are they gone for good once they've been archived?

They don't count. I just condensed my 2006 HOTM bookmarks to one, and archived the old ones and now I can create more for 2008. :rolleyes:

Oh yah, you have to delete all the caches in the list before you can archive. One (well alright two) requests I would have for this option is a button to Select All or Delete All. It was tedious to have to select each cache then do a bulk delete. The other request would be to select a radio selection to archive the list with it doing the cache list deletion in all one fell swoop.

Edited by TotemLake

They don't count. I just condensed my 2006 HOTM bookmarks to one, and archived the old ones and now I can create more for 2008. :)

Oh yah, you have to delete all the caches in the list before you can archive. One (well alright two) requests I would have for this option is a button to Select All or Delete All. It was tedious to have to select each cache then do a bulk delete. The other request would be to select a radio selection to archive the list with it doing the cache list deletion in all one fell swoop.

If I understand you correctly:

If you click on the green check mark at the top of the list of caches it will select all of the caches. You may then delete them all in one fell swoop (or click)

(the 20 list limit) ..should be noted somewhere on the site...like in the Premium Member features or on the Bookmark page itself. I just spent quite a bit of time looking for a restriction like that all over the site, logging out and logging in....very frustrating.

Amen to that. I too wasted a ridiculous amount of time one day working on a new Bookmarked list. It absolutely needs to be right there on the Member features page

Bookmark Lists and Ignore Feature

You can create multiple bookmark lists, like "My favorite caches" or "Caches I want to find," that can be shared with others or kept private for your own use. You are also able to generate and add listings to a personal ignore list, for those caches you never plan to find but show up in your search results. Currently limited to 20 lists.

They don't count. I just condensed my 2006 HOTM bookmarks to one, and archived the old ones and now I can create more for 2008. :)

If I understand you correctly:

If you click on the green check mark at the top of the list of caches it will select all of the caches. You may then delete them all in one fell swoop (or click)

Nice. Apparently I'm not much of a discovery kind of guy. :) Thanks for pointing out the obvious to the oblivious. :)