"Shadow" coin

joranda

The Shadow coin isn't The Phantom Cacher coin. Two totally different coins. Just look up both on one of the coin trading sites and you will see the difference. The shadow coin has long been on my want list, but until I get to Indiana....guess I'll keep pining for it lol I haven't seen or heard about a new one until now. Do you have a picture of it Joranda?

The Shadow coin isn't The Phantom Cacher coin. Two totally different coins. Just look up both on one of the coin trading sites and you will see the difference. The shadow coin has long been on my want list, but until I get to Indiana....guess I'll keep pining for it lol I haven't seen or heard about a new one until now. Do you have a picture of it Joranda?

Ah, ok, I have made this mistake before :angry:

Yep, you gonna see a lot of copy cat mystery coins. Only a few are true mystery coins :rolleyes: .

It seems like there are more and more of these Mystery Coins popping up all over. Very cool.

We managed to persuade the Geo_Leprechaun to visit the Florida Panhandle, I wonder if we can get any of the others to stop by...

Last year unfortunately I didn't have much time for caching at the Bash but I did manage to see a couple that were found. This year will be different and I hope to cache a lot and maybe find one of these little beauties!! Very nice coin -- both versions!

Edited by LadyBee4T

I found this Shadow coin today! Its different than the old one. Man was I lucky to get this one. I found it at GCVKDX in Indiana.

005.jpg

Anyone else find it funny that cav scout found a shadow coin at gcvkdx and didnt log it, than the phantom logs a find at gc101kz, yet in his log posted the coords for gcvkdx and shows pictures of that cache while trading his phantom coin for a shadow coin....hmm...interesting!!!!!

Yep, you gonna see a lot of copy cat mystery coins. Only a few are true mystery coins B) .

It seems like there are more and more of these Mystery Coins popping up all over. Very cool.

We managed to persuade the Geo_Leprechaun to visit the Florida Panhandle, I wonder if we can get any of the others to stop by...

Cav Scout - I think you should edit your post to read 'in my opinion'

And pray - just what in your opinion are the only true mystery coins?

The Shadow coin is certainly a mystery to me -as are all the others ;)

Hit the Jackpot again today on the Spirit Quest run back from Louisville.... Copper and a Silver #33..... There out there......... I'm still shaking...... I won't be able to sleep tonight....

1markymark1 I

YIPEE, WE ARE SO GLAD YOU FOUND ANOTHER ONE MARKY, CONGRADS.....It is one beautiful little coin. We still havent lost hope in finding one some day. We still are a little bummed with just missing one this year while in Indiana for MWGB. We were so close but yet so far away. The Shadow is probably been making his rounds since it seems so fitting since Halloween is just around the corner.

Hope you do rest up and get some sleep, your work is cut out for you already for today.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

P.S. Shadow keep up the good work and all of your helpers too.

I found this in my mail box the day after Christmas, WoW, what a great surprise and a great number of the coin as well. Many thanks! :D

96b9efd5-b5c2-4592-af92-9af57b556e20.jpg

Georgia Spirit Quest

LZ33

Well done, sir. You can't find that version in a cache ;) You've certainly created a great series in Georgia. Thanks for all your work.

TMA

WOW!!! amazing coin!!! Actually both versions, old & new are beautiful!!! Congrats to the lucky geocachers who got one!!! :D

Best wishes for the new year my friends!!! :D

I found this in my mail box the day after Christmas, WoW, what a great surprise and a great number of the coin as well. Many thanks! :P

96b9efd5-b5c2-4592-af92-9af57b556e20.jpg

Georgia Spirit Quest

LZ33

Well done, sir. You can't find that version in a cache :( You've certainly created a great series in Georgia. Thanks for all your work.

TMA

WOW!!! amazing coin!!! Actually both versions, old & new are beautiful!!! Congrats to the lucky geocachers who got one!!! :laughing:

Best wishes for the new year my friends!!! :mad:

Seems they are migrating up to the North. This coin was found by a fellow Geocacher this week. She asked me to post it for her. She wanted to thanks The Shadow and The Georgia Spirit Quest Cachers for the Great Coin....

I'm going to have to step up my ISQ csching and find one of this version....

1markymark1

DSC00597.jpg[/img]

Seems they are migrating up to the North. This coin was found by a fellow Geocacher this week. She asked me to post it for her. She wanted to thanks The Shadow and The Georgia Spirit Quest Cachers for the Great Coin....

I'm going to have to step up my ISQ caching and find one of this version....

1markymark1

DSC00597.jpg[/img]

We were in the area of a few caches today and decided to do some cache maintenance while we were over by them. Both of the caches are MSQ's and hadn't been visited in awhile so we wanted to check and make sure they were still there and that there was plenty of swag and everything was dry. Our second stop of the day was Michigan Spirit Quest #21 - Battle of the Bulge GC1DVA2. I was pulling out some of the less desirable swag in the container when I pulled out the Shadow Coin. I couldn't believe what I had in my hand. I had seen pictures of this new Shadow Georgia coin but now we had found one by pure luck. They are awesome looking and I love the detail on the back. I wanna give a big thanks to the shadow for swinging up into Michigan and dropping off at least one in a cache.

So yeah Mark you are going to have to step up your ISQ caching because they have definitely migrated north and made it into Michigan now.

I'm going to have to step up my ISQ caching and find one of this version....

1markymark1

DSC00597.jpg[/img]

We were in the area of a few caches today and decided to do some cache maintenance while we were over by them. Both of the caches are MSQ's and hadn't been visited in awhile so we wanted to check and make sure they were still there and that there was plenty of swag and everything was dry. Our second stop of the day was Michigan Spirit Quest #21 - Battle of the Bulge GC1DVA2. I was pulling out some of the less desirable swag in the container when I pulled out the Shadow Coin. I couldn't believe what I had in my hand. I had seen pictures of this new Shadow Georgia coin but now we had found one by pure luck. They are awesome looking and I love the detail on the back. I wanna give a big thanks to the shadow for swinging up into Michigan and dropping off at least one in a cache.

So yeah Mark you are going to have to step up your ISQ caching because they have definitely migrated north and made it into Michigan now.

I stepped it up early this morning on my way to work in Toledo, OH. About fainted on my third or fourth SQ cache when the Georgis Spirit Quest Coin fell out on the ground.... This one was found in Ohio... I heard that they have been found in Wisconsin Spirit Quest caches too. There are more than one out there because I saw that a Lady had found one too....

1markymark1

Edited by 1markymark1

I stepped it up early this morning on my way to work in Toledo, OH. About fainted on my third or fourth SQ cache when the Georgis Spirit Quest Coin fell out on the ground.... This one was found in Ohio... I heard that they have been found in Wisconsin Spirit Quest caches too. There are more than one out there because I saw that a Lady had found one too....

1markymark1

The shadow must be looking for caches that need maintance, we stopped by one of ours today that had a DNF back in January, but since then the snow melted and the cache was easier to be found. the melt must have moved it a bit, but still found it. We brought a new one along to replace or upgrade the container, to our suprise as we checked the old container we found a silver Shadow coin inside.

bbc7b738-a13a-429b-80c6-7b33f751b87a.jpg

dfb88079-c919-4c43-8df6-fce0c4ff1bbd.jpg

Thanks Shadow for visiting Wisconsin, and we are glad that we decided to stop and do maintance today

Wow, I’m going to go out and buy some lottery tickets. I don’t hang out in the forums and when I got my second gold coin and came to this thread to post my appreciation to the Shadow and saw that I wasn’t the first to get one, being in Georgia, I would have become very anxious.

Thanks again Shadow.

38bad2b3-2b99-4676-8a19-ce3804c1b8b2.jpg

Edited by LZ33

Congrats Sweetlife!

The Shadow coins are one of the few true mystery coins around nowdays.

The shadow must be looking for caches that need maintance, we stopped by one of ours today that had a DNF back in January, but since then the snow melted and the cache was easier to be found. the melt must have moved it a bit, but still found it. We brought a new one along to replace or upgrade the container, to our suprise as we checked the old container we found a silver Shadow coin inside.

bbc7b738-a13a-429b-80c6-7b33f751b87a.jpg

dfb88079-c919-4c43-8df6-fce0c4ff1bbd.jpg

Thanks Shadow for visiting Wisconsin, and we are glad that we decided to stop and do maintance today

OH MY GOD! I had to make a LONG Road Trip to try and find one of these excellent coins. I crossed boundries in a search that turned out to be well worth the effort. When I found this coin I had to do the WA HOOOOOOOOO! Dance and Dance I did Do!

Thank you Shadow who ever you are. You made my Day, Week, Month and possibly the Year.

Your truely the Shadow and I Thank You.

shadowgeorgia.th.jpg

Edited by The Randaddy

OH MY GOD! I had to make a LONG Road Trip to try and find one of these excellent coins. I crossed boundries in a search that turned out to be well worth the effort. When I found this coin I had to do the WA HOOOOOOOOO! Dance and Dance I did Do!

Thank you Shadow who ever you are. You made my Day, Week, Month and possibly the Year.

Your truely the Shadow and I Thank You.

shadowgeorgia.th.jpg

Congrats on the Shadow Coin find in an Ohio Spirit Quest Cache...... COOOOOOOOOL Two states away from home.....