Happy Birthday to ... (cointest)

tsunrisebey

Oh man she is so going to want to ring my neck for this but what is she gonna do, come to Montana to do it :unsure: ? A couple days back after GW6, Karma aka dorkfish or as I lovingly refer to her as 'borkfish' because she hates it (lol) were camping at an Oregon State campground. We had a campfire going and roasting some hot dogs when she mentioned it was her birthday on Friday (I think I remembered it correctly). She made fun of me because I always say I'm going to quit running cointests but the two days later I'm running one :blink:

So in honor of the 'Dorkfish' post your Happy B-day wishes, post a funny story about her, whatever you want within reason to enter. 1 entry per person, so if you post more than once, only your 1st post counts. The winner will be picked tonight after I post; 'cointest closed.'

Oh yeah, I'm giving away a GW6 copper ET

Happy Birthday Karma! Enjoy your day wherever you are :D

Happy Birthday Dorkfish!!

To honor the request of a funny story (I don't have one about her, so I'll post one about me) I'll post the log entry I wrote earlier this month for an 'interesting' caching experience I had. Here it is, in its entirety:

May 8th (GCRY70 - Gnarly Birch)

This one was fairly easy to find, with barely any bushwacking. I started at the Burger King and just moved from clearing to clearing along the BMX trails.

My adventure didn't start until AFTER I had found this cache and decided to try another - the Bayer's Lake Travel Bug / Geocoin Hotel. I didn't see any trail heading in the right direction, but I did notice some trail tape about 40 feet into the woods. I thought I could make out another a little beyond that. Great! I thought. Somebody else had the same idea and marked the trail for me!

Well, there was no trail. Just a meandering string of trail tape markers that lead steeply downhill into boggy wetness! After thoroughly soaking both feet, scratching my way through dense underbrush, and snagging every article of clothing at least once, I found myself at the edge of a clearing!

In the clearing there was an odd green dome that just didn't make sense to my brain. It wasn't until I actually stepped out of the trees that I realized that it was a tent. At the same time, a woman dressed only in her undies crawled out from inside! Being careful to maintain polite eye contact, I said 'good afternoon' and walked straight across the clearing and into the woods on the other side (still following the cursed trail tape!) I think the woman was too surprised at my appearance from the trees to even react!

I finally made my way to the TB Hotel and was stretching to climb the pile of boulders when I realized that the crotch of my jeans had ripped -- a good six inch long tear! I started to wonder when I had done that, and whether it had contributed to the camper's silence!

To top off the whole adventure, when I reached the cache, I realized that the location looked awfully familiar! Turns out I had done this one last Fall, approaching from the Kent parking lot and just never cleared the waypoint from my GPS! And there weren't even any geocoins in the cache!!

So, to whoever left the trail tape: a pox on you! :blink:

And to everyone else: stick to the BMX trails! :unsure:

Edited by E&Cplus3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DORKFISH!!!!!!

We just had the pleasure of meeting her at GW6, and she's a sweetheart! I don't have a funny story about her in particular, but she has had a big influence in our house. Her v1 coin was one of the first coins we got and became gaga over, it's so darn cute. Soon after getting it, the term 'Dorkfish' became very common here. Whenever Joey or I do something stupid or silly, we call each other a Dorkfish. This term eventually got passed onto one of Joeys nieces. We now just call her Dorkfish..I'm not sure I even remember her real name, it's just Dorkfish now (hey, he has 16 nieces and nephews, you try to keep all the names straight!) I even gave her my prized Dorkfish keychain....now that's love!

As I already have one of these beauties, you don't need to count this in the cointest, I'll let someone else have the pleasure of receiving one.

Unfortunately have never met Dorkfish - or many other US cachers for that matter - being in Africa.

But I must say - that I love the dorkfish coin icon - and can't wait to find one here in South Africa - I'd love to have one of them on my Trackables page.

So have a GREAT birthday and a really blessed year - and may all your DNF's dissappear - and may you find frienmds - not just caches this coming year.

Not a funny story, not at all, but...

Although I didn't get to meet the infamous and wonderful Karma at GWIV, I did get the pleasure of seeing a pic of her and Steph together and one of the very first thingI noticed was just how beautiful a smile she had, and how it seemed to radiate from the inside, Steph, too!

Have a wonderful birthday, Karma!

Naomi :unsure:

Happy Birthday Karma!

The first time we met you in person was on our trip to Utah last summer. Thank you for joining us for breakfast! On our way home from Utah we visited some caches and realized that you'd been there the day a day or so before us - that was sure good karma for our Idaho caching trip.

The first coin we were gifted at GWVI last weekend was the new Grey Whale Necklace coin from you! I immediately put it on my neck and became one with the universe of your friends all walking around wearing matching Grey Whale necklaces. It was almost like a secret Karma society of your buddies :unsure: .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARMA!!!

Karma is one of the nicest and geenerous people that I have 'met' through these geocoin forums!! The first time I ever contacted her to buy one of her aquarium coins she had me laughing because she was watching Farce of the Penguins. Karma is also very generous, helped with auctions for cystic fybrosis, donating coins to events, etc She is just a wonderful person!! :D:unsure::blink: Everyone should be so lucky to know a person like that. Still have to meet her in person like so many others here.

I hope that you have an extra special day!!

Thanks tsun for letting us know too. :D

edited because I can't type LOL

Edited by PengoFamily

Congratulation_Comment_10.gif

What is the meaning of your name

Pronunciation: kar-maa

Origin: Indian

Name Meaning: Meaning "action." According to Hindu philosophy destiny is based on one's actions; thus Karma also signifies "fate" or "destiny."

:blink: congrats Karma and have a nice day :unsure:

I Did have the pleasure to meet Karma in person. I Did notice those BLUE eyes of hers ( she told me that yes, they were contacts :unsure: )

SO . . .

Happy birthday Karma, happy birhday

Today is your day . . . To have a Lot of fun! :blink:

Have a Terrific time Friday And your year :D

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday dear Karmaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I do not know dorkfish but there is my off key signing lol

The philosophical explanation of karma can differ slightly between traditions, but the general concept is basically the same. Through the law of karma, the effects of all deeds actively create past, present, and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to him/her and others. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well.

myspace-happy-birthday-comments-7.gif

Happy Birthday to a GREAT friend!!!

May that 4 letter word (rain) stay off your back and the entire day be sunny!!!

Sure wish I could have seen those blue eyes! :unsure:

Now a funny story about Karma. Well there's the time she told me about that... or the other time that we laughed until we cried....No wait you said it was something I could tell here so I guess I have to keep those to myself!!

Happy Birthday Karma!!!! HUGZ from Michigan!!

Although I didn't get to meet the infamous and wonderful Karma at GWIV, I did get the pleasure of seeing a pic of her and Steph together and one of the very first thingI noticed was just how beautiful a smile she had, and how it seemed to radiate from the inside, Steph, too!

Naomi :angry:

there was a thread on the main forum site that had pics from the event but i can't find it now. is there somewhere we can see the photo with karma and steph together. i wanna put faces with names!

lara/rsg

I met Karma at GW V while she was selling her coins at her table. I had bought her fishbowl in 2006 through emailing her directly. But at the event I went up to talk to her. I don't remember the entire conversation, but I must have said something that struck a nerve :) with her as she made a comment of how everyone thinks that she is a "Dude" before they meet her. I don't recall ever thinking that she was male, but I thought it funny and odd that she made the statement. :angry:

Happy Birthday Dorkfish!!! :)

Naomi :)

there was a thread on the main forum site that had pics from the event but i can't find it now. is there somewhere we can see the photo with karma and steph together. i wanna put faces with names!

lara/rsg

Ask and ye shall receive! I think this might be the pic you are referring to. If not, its a great one anyway!

Steph is the beautiful one on the left and the beautiful birthday girl is on the right. :)

Happy Birthday Karma!!! (kick her hiney too!! :angry: )

737b0ed1-966e-4088-a89b-24bb8f7c55cc.jpg

Happy Birthday Karma!!

I met Karma at GWV last year and was able to buy a couple of her Lil Dorkfish coins from her. I had some questions about making geocoins and she was more than willing to sit down and talk about them for a while. I had some ideas, nothing concrete at that time, but she was happy to chat about them anyway.

A few weeks ago she was kind enough to take a look at some coin ideas I had and give her opinions on them. Even though she must have been busy making preparations for GWVI she took the time to share her thoughts on each of the designs I sent her. Thanks Karma!

I was already a lucky recepient of a copper ET at GW6 (thanks Tsun, it was fun meeting you and chatting with you) but I want to sent Karma a heartfelt greeting anyway....

Hippo Birdie..... 2 Ewes,

Hippo Birdie .... 2 Ewes,

Hippo Birdie, Deer DorkyFish (aka Karma the Borkfish)

Hippo Birdie.... 2 Ewes.

Karma, I guess this makes you a Gemini..... ooohh, you're trouble!!

Many thanks again for the lovely Grey Whales you gave us.

Edited by Droo

Happy Birthday, Karma!

I don't know you all that well, but I will say your heart is huge. After an incident with a coin (a select few know which one), she sent me a replacement out of her personal collection. I didn't expect that, and I truly appreciated the kindness! And you will probably see that thing once again!

Many happy returns!