GW7 - Where will the coiners be staying?

Crowesfeat30

Where do you suppose most coin people will be staying while at GW7?

:unsure: I know that it is, perhaps, a bit early to ask ths question and I know that this thread will be thouroughly buried in a week or so but someone has posted on the event page that they have reserved one of the last rooms in town. Now, I presume that by "in town" they mean in Bell Buckle it's self but there are a lot of towns within 25 miles of Bell Buckle and I don't want to choose the wrong one. I want to stay where the coiners are staying if possible. At least in the same town!

So, IS it too early to discuss this subject? How soon would you reserve your room(s)? And WHERE is the coin parties going to be next year? :blink:

CF30

Where do you suppose most coin people will be staying while at GW7?

:unsure: I know that it is, perhaps, a bit early to ask ths question and I know that this thread will be thouroughly buried in a week or so but someone has posted on the event page that they have reserved one of the last rooms in town. Now, I presume that by "in town" they mean in Bell Buckle it's self but there are a lot of towns within 25 miles of Bell Buckle and I don't want to choose the wrong one. I want to stay where the coiners are staying if possible. At least in the same town!

So, IS it too early to discuss this subject? How soon would you reserve your room(s)? And WHERE is the coin parties going to be next year? :blink:

CF30

Too early? Heck we were working on this days ago!

We live a little less than a hour away from the site and got the word today that the nearest motels are already taking reservations and one or two are already booked up! Better make your reservations early. There are VERY few places to stay within 15 miles or so of the actual event site. The closest places to stay are around Murfreesboro to the northeast and Manchester/Tullahoma to the southeast. Shelbyville is about 20 or so miles to the west and has a few motels.....

The closest places to stay are around Murfreesboro to the northeast and Manchester/Tullahoma to the southeast. Shelbyville is about 20 or so miles to the west and has a few motels.....

So do ya suppose we could decide on a town? Which do ya all like best?

A) Murfreesboro

:blink: Manchester/Tullahoma

C) Shelbyville

Sounds like we need to decide SOON! :unsure:

CF30

After a couple searches it looks like Murfreesboro has the best bet for Hotels. I found 25 hotels. However most of them, form the sites I accessed, will not let you book that far in advance...

Also don't forget we can likely get a group rate! (Once said hotel is picked!)

Edited by UOTrackers

After a couple searches it looks like Murfreesboro has the best bet for Hotels. I found 25 hotels. However most of them, form the sites I accessed, will not let you book that far in advance...

We have a room booked in Manchester for the weekend. We are planning a little caching fun for the out of towners on the southeast side of the event area. We like to call it a ........

"Country Geocaching Run" :unsure:

We have a room booked in Manchester for the weekend. We are planning a little caching fun for the out of towners on the southeast side of the event area. We like to call it a ........

Will there be banjos involved? :blink:

So the night of GWVI I told sillygirl we didn't have to do another mega-event for at least a decade, but now that I look at the map... How far is this event from Atlanta? (We used to live there.) And when we did I thought of Chattanooga as less than 2 hours, & Nashville as a 4-5 hour drive... So that would make Bell Buckle 3.5-4 hours from Hot-lanta, is that about right? Must start planning...

jrr

I'm all for a group rate in Murfreesboro! :unsure: What hotels do they have?

CF30

I'm all for a group rate in Murfreesboro! :blink: What hotels do they have?

CF30

Holiday Inn Murfreesboro

EMBASSY SUITES MURFREESBORO HOTEL

Doubletree Hotel Murfreesboro

HAMPTON INN MURFREESBORO

Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Murfreesboro

SCOTTISH INNS MURFREESBORO

Best Western Chaffin Inn

Sleep Inn Murfreesboro

Quality Inn Murfreesboro

Comfort Suites Murfreesboro

Econo Lodge Murfreesboro

Ramada Limited Murfreesboro

Wingate by Wyndham Mufreesboro

Country Inn and Suites Murfreesboro

Vista Inn-Stes Murfreesboro

Value Place Murfreesboro

Baymont Inn and Suites Murfreesboro

Americas Best Value Inn

Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro

Crestwood Suites Murfreesboro

Super 8 Murfreesboro

Days Inn Murfreesboro

Howard Johnson Murfreesboro

Knights Inn Murfreesboro

Microtel Inn

More than likely if I try to call them tonight their reps who handle group rates wont be in, so I'll start making calls tomorrow...if ya'll want me to :unsure:

Edited by UOTrackers

:blink: Please! And Thank you! :D I know we cannot afford anything like an Embassy Suites but a Ramada or Holiday Inn could be doable. We usually stay at Motel 6, Super 8 or Econo Lodge but could upgrade if affordable. The most important thing we look for is, of course, High Speed Internet! (and a clean comfortable bed and a working toilet & shower...) :unsure:

CF30

We have stayed at the Knights Inn Murfreesboro several times in the past and it's ok for the price, of course they are higher priced on the holidays and tend to get full pretty quick. They also have a pretty good wireless network for those needing that sort of thing. :unsure: Decent clean rooms...

It's also right across the street from the Cracker Barrel and a cache! :blink:

Edited by BackBrakeBilly

So the night of GWVI I told sillygirl we didn't have to do another mega-event for at least a decade, but now that I look at the map... How far is this event from Atlanta? (We used to live there.) And when we did I thought of Chattanooga as less than 2 hours, & Nashville as a 4-5 hour drive... So that would make Bell Buckle 3.5-4 hours from Hot-lanta, is that about right? Must start planning...

jrr

We live just north of Chattanooga and have about 300 active caches between just my wife and I in the area with plans on placing at least 250 or so more for GW7. We have also already been in touch with a bunch of our friends from our local club, www.getgc.org and they all want to get out and place caches so look for a BUNCh of new ones between Bell Buckle and Chattanooga.

We live just north of Chattanooga and have about 300 active caches between just my wife and I in the area with plans on placing at least 250 or so more for GW7. We have also already been in touch with a bunch of our friends from our local club, www.getgc.org and they all want to get out and place caches so look for a BUNCh of new ones between Bell Buckle and Chattanooga.

Well I deffinately want to do some more caching with you! The Cary's backwards number run was a BLAST! I was in the Blazer with my hubby...yeah the ones who hopped curbs and median with you! Cant wait!!! :unsure:

I am thinking camping will be a great idea, allthough I havent told hubby yet!

Edited by SCYoli

:unsure: Please! And Thank you! :blink: I know we cannot afford anything like an Embassy Suites but a Ramada or Holiday Inn could be doable. We usually stay at Motel 6, Super 8 or Econo Lodge but could upgrade if affordable. The most important thing we look for is, of course, High Speed Internet! (and a clean comfortable bed and a working toilet & shower...) :D

CF30

As far as the whole internet thing...it's nice if they have it, but we live if they don't. There's always another hotel or coffee shop nearby we can pull up next to if we need to use it that bad. :D

jrr

I went to Chatty in 2004 to watch the Griz play in the IAA football Championship. I've never forgotten a place called 'Sticky Fingers'- Come Lick Our Bones :D Still have my t-shirt. I LOVED the food there and for 1 whole hour between the bar and rest. one half yelled 'Montana' and the other half 'Grizzlies.' so my question is; Does this town hosting GW7 have a Sticky Fingers :D If so I may consider going to GW7 :D

So is Murfreesboro about a 20 minute drive from the event, Billy? I think that's the best area to stay in since I have driven through it and cached there a time or two. It's a nice area, rich in history.

According to Maps on Yahoo it's 27 minutes...now if you drive like I do, that's probably closer to 10 :unsure: (note to self, don't describe car here just incase there are caching cops!) I'm about to start making calls to that area now...yikes!

Any guesses on how many I should be asking about? 30 rooms? Last time I did this was for my wedding...

Edited by UOTrackers

So is Murfreesboro about a 20 minute drive from the event, Billy? I think that's the best area to stay in since I have driven through it and cached there a time or two. It's a nice area, rich in history.

According to Maps on Yahoo it's 27 minutes...now if you drive like I do, that's probably closer to 10 :unsure: (note to self, don't describe car here just incase there are caching cops!) I'm about to start making calls to that area now...yikes!

Yeah I talked to Billy on the phone just now. I really like that area too. Nice for caching and accomidations.

Yeah I talked to Billy on the phone just now. I really like that area too. Nice for caching and accommodation's.

Would it be better (and easier) to create a place for all this info, like a yahoo group or something? I don't want to overstep the geocoin forum bounds.

I made a group just to be on the safe side...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Geowoodstock7info/

Edited by UOTrackers

:unsure: Please! And Thank you! :D I know we cannot afford anything like an Embassy Suites but a Ramada or Holiday Inn could be doable. We usually stay at Motel 6, Super 8 or Econo Lodge but could upgrade if affordable. The most important thing we look for is, of course, High Speed Internet! (and a clean comfortable bed and a working toilet & shower...) :blink:

CF30

As far as the whole internet thing...it's nice if they have it, but we live if they don't. There's always another hotel or coffee shop nearby we can pull up next to if we need to use it that bad. :D

We were inquiring about a chalet/cabin that sleeps 10 near Bell Buckle. We have since declined it because it had no internet and we need to stay on top of business correspondence during the week. If you are interested in getting a few people together to share a place in the country check out Liberty Gap Chalet. A few folk have been inquiring but I think it was still available yesterday. I wasn't able to get references from them either, which is unfortunate, but maybe a local cacher knows of the place and can endorse it or steer you clear.

:unsure: Please! And Thank you! :D I know we cannot afford anything like an Embassy Suites but a Ramada or Holiday Inn could be doable. We usually stay at Motel 6, Super 8 or Econo Lodge but could upgrade if affordable. The most important thing we look for is, of course, High Speed Internet! (and a clean comfortable bed and a working toilet & shower...) :blink:

CF30

We were inquiring about a chalet/cabin that sleeps 10 near Bell Buckle. We have since declined it because it had no internet and we need to stay on top of business correspondence during the week. If you are interested in getting a few people together to share a place in the country check out Liberty Gap Chalet. A few folk have been inquiring but I think it was still available yesterday. I wasn't able to get references from them either, which is unfortunate, but maybe a local cacher knows of the place and can endorse it or steer you clear.

I was looking for Cabin rentals too, but didn't find too many within 30-45 minutes. If you know of others let me know!

:unsure: Please! And Thank you! :blink: I know we cannot afford anything like an Embassy Suites but a Ramada or Holiday Inn could be doable. We usually stay at Motel 6, Super 8 or Econo Lodge but could upgrade if affordable. The most important thing we look for is, of course, High Speed Internet! (and a clean comfortable bed and a working toilet & shower...) :D

CF30

I don't know anything about the hotel, never stayed in one before, but I was able to reserve 20 rooms at the Scottish Inn for $45.23/night, additional info is on the new yahoo group! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Geowoodstock7info/

:) Please! And Thank you! :) I know we cannot afford anything like an Embassy Suites but a Ramada or Holiday Inn could be doable. We usually stay at Motel 6, Super 8 or Econo Lodge but could upgrade if affordable. The most important thing we look for is, of course, High Speed Internet! (and a clean comfortable bed and a working toilet & shower...) :angry:

CF30

I don't know anything about the hotel, never stayed in one before, but I was able to reserve 20 rooms at the Scottish Inn for $45.23/night, additional info is on the new yahoo group! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Geowoodstock7info/

I'm interested in booking one of the reserved rooms - let me know what I need to do!

Valerie

:) Please! And Thank you! :) I know we cannot afford anything like an Embassy Suites but a Ramada or Holiday Inn could be doable. We usually stay at Motel 6, Super 8 or Econo Lodge but could upgrade if affordable. The most important thing we look for is, of course, High Speed Internet! (and a clean comfortable bed and a working toilet & shower...) :angry:

CF30

The Scottish Inn is right off the Interstate a block or so down from the Cracker Barrel. We never stayed there due to the fact that they rent alot of rooms by the month to migrant workers and it tends to be a little on the rough side at times.....

Edited by BackBrakeBilly

"Country Geocaching Run" :)

Will there be banjos involved? :)

jrr

I went to Chatty in 2004 to watch the Griz play in the IAA football Championship. I've never forgotten a place called 'Sticky Fingers'- Come Lick Our Bones :) Still have my t-shirt. I LOVED the food there and for 1 whole hour between the bar and rest. one half yelled 'Montana' and the other half 'Grizzlies.' so my question is; Does this town hosting GW7 have a Sticky Fingers :) If so I may consider going to GW7 :angry:

Sorry, no Sticky Fingers in BellBuckle but we are just a hour down I-24... :) and we do have several Sticky Fingers resturants!

I don't do the Yahoo thing but I will be around here if anyone has questions about the area. I will do my best to help out since we are just about a hour away from the actual event site. We are going to be doing some scouting runs up in the area to check out motels and campgrounds in the next few days and weeks to come so we can kind of steer folks in the right direction...

I think I have a BIG question here to ask . . . yes and ligit. :)

. . . And this place was chosen, and why :angry: ?

How was this place chosen and Who chose it :) It seems like last year, there was a discussion as to where GWVI should be held, Hmmmm, I don't recall anything like that for this year?

Just wondering

Edited by fairyhoney

How was this place chosen and Who chose it :) It seems like last year, there was a discussion as to where GWVI should be held, Hmmmm, I don't recall anything like that for this year?

Just wondering

Well, this is just a GUESS, but considering that Geowoodstock is "owned" and "founded" and "invented" by JoeGPS and he lives in the Nashville area, it would make sense. It's nice to see it go back home.

After chatting with Billy today I am already psyched for this location. The entire town will be GW7. That's awesome.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Just wondering

Sorry I can't answer that one, That would be a question better addressed to the Official Geowoodstock Committee.

I am just trying to help because I live near the area....

Just wondering

Sorry I can't answer that one, That would be a question better addressed to the Official Geowoodstock Committee.

Help is ALWAYS appreciated and I wasn't trying to bash you or anything. I am relitively a Newbie as far a attending BIG events and was just curious about this . . .

SO, another question would be , Is it ALWAYS held on Memorial Day weekend?

I suppose that some places that the schools May be out by then but definitely not over in these here parts. Some cachers are teachers, some are students :angry:

I am just posting these questions here in case someone may read who knows.

Just wondering

Well, this is just a GUESS, but considering that Geowoodstock is "owned" and "founded" and "invented" by JoeGPS and he lives in the Nashville area, it would make sense. It's nice to see it go back home.

After chatting with Billy today I am already psyched for this location. The entire town will be GW7. That's awesome.

I'm excited and I haven't spoken with anyone on the phone :)

Just wondering

Help is ALWAYS appreciated and I wasn't trying to bash you or anything. I am relitively a Newbie as far a attending BIG events and was just curious about this . . .

Ok, I didn't take it as a bash. :) I know several of the folks on the Geowoodstock Committee but to this day I have never understood how the place is picked! :) I do know that the reason behind Memorial Day Weekend is that it is a 3 day weekend and that gives most folks a extra day for travel or fun which ever that might be depending on who you are...well I think that is the reason... :)

. . . And this place was chosen, and why :) ?

Just wondering

I just get excited about talking on the phone! :angry: Hush AG! :)

Just wondering

I just get excited about talking on the phone! :angry: Hush AG! :)

LMAO! You should get a shirt with that phrase on it!

Just wondering

I just get excited about talking on the phone! :) Hush AG! ;)

LMAO! You should get a shirt with that phrase on it!

Now thats a idea! ;)