New trackable item: Geopatches

TravelingViking

hi olaf,

haben sie auch ein eigenes icon?

do they have an own icon or a generic one?

I'm not Olaf, but they have! :anibad: :

1963.gif

That icon would make a cool coin. "The Geotick" :D

WE WERE THINKING THE SAME THING, WOW GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE :D

bARRY AND vALARIE AKA SWEETLIFE

Looking at the picture I question the attachment of the plate where the tag number will go. 4 flimsy threads holding it on ? It will be torn off faster than the bottom button on an oversized mans shirt.. If the number was actually embroidered into the patch it would be much better. but on a metal plate that is barely attached to the patch.

I do like the patch though otherwise.

Looking at the picture I question the attachment of the plate where the tag number will go. 4 flimsy threads holding it on ? It will be torn off faster than the bottom button on an oversized mans shirt.. If the number was actually embroidered into the patch it would be much better. but on a metal plate that is barely attached to the patch.

I bet you could strip it and embroider the numbers on yourself, if you're good with a needle and thread.

I bet you could strip it and embroider the numbers on yourself, if you're good with a needle and thread.

Put two drops of super glue on the back, that will hold.

Very cool concept.. I like it. I will put this out there as an FYI, if for some reason that metal tag comes off or gets lost, I know someone who can make very similar tags as a replacement, and he'd probably do it in trade for coinage. Prolly.. maybe..:unsure:

Edited by 57chevy

Having the number embroidered would have more than doubled the cost so we went with this alternative. The threads are fairly strong, I tried to remove one which was attached up-side-down, it gave me a tough time, but I won...

hi olaf,

haben sie auch ein eigenes icon?

do they have an own icon or a generic one?

I'm not Olaf, but they have! :D :

1963.gif

That icon would make a cool coin. "The Geotick" :D

WE WERE THINKING THE SAME THING, WOW GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE :unsure:

bARRY AND vALARIE AKA SWEETLIFE

So do we need to rename them now? Geotickpatches? I dunno... :blink::D

Thanks for helping out with the answers why I slept...

I like these. Such a pity the postage is extortionate to the UK.

$25 postage to the UK, to be precise. I got right down to checkout but that's just too much.

I am not sure which store you tried and which delivery option you selected, but if you order from the German store and as delivery option choose EU - Postal Certified then the charge is 7.90€ - this is still high but not much more then charged by the German postal service.

Olaf

Saw these at GW6 and purchased one. The metal tag does appear to be loosely attached, but in fact it seems very secure to me. Don't want to pull it off, but it just might have a bit of glue (or something) holding it on in addition to the threads.

Very nice... glad I saw them at GW6!

I am not sure which store you tried and which delivery option you selected, but if you order from the German store and as delivery option choose EU - Postal Certified then the charge is 7.90€ - this is still high but not much more then charged by the German postal service.

Olaf

Really? To post this sort of item from the UK to Germany would cost less than €2.

Well, postage rates in the US just went up AGAIN, but it appears we shouldn't complain too much. If I order one patch, it will cost me $3.05 shipping; if I order 5, shipping is $3.22; and if I order 20, shipping is $4.07! According to usps.com, if I stick one of these in an envelope and ship it to Europe or even as far as New Zealand, if it weighs less than 2 ounces, it'll cost me $1.74; up to 3 ounces costs $2.54. So, I was going to order one, but I'll hold off placing my order for a few days. Anyone who wants to order one, but can't get a decent shipping rate from the shop, just let me know, and I'll order it for you!

Well, postage rates in the US just went up AGAIN, but it appears we shouldn't complain too much. If I order one patch, it will cost me $3.05 shipping; if I order 5, shipping is $3.22; and if I order 20, shipping is $4.07! According to usps.com, if I stick one of these in an envelope and ship it to Europe or even as far as New Zealand, if it weighs less than 2 ounces, it'll cost me $1.74; up to 3 ounces costs $2.54. So, I was going to order one, but I'll hold off placing my order for a few days. Anyone who wants to order one, but can't get a decent shipping rate from the shop, just let me know, and I'll order it for you!

I wish I saw these at GWVI. I'd be willing to "go in with someone'- 3 to 5 would be nice. Maybe you could get up to the 20 mark?