MyTopo.com Maps On Cache Pages

PDOP's

That's a big improvement. The map on the cache page is now the Google map. Double click it you get the Google Map with all the closest caches. Click the My Topo tab and you get them superimposed on the NRCan Topo Map. They aren't that up to date (I'm not sure that there are any more recent ones) but that's way better than what was available before.

ee0ff26d-64c2-43de-a9e4-1d7a962d9094.jpg

Edited by Hard Oiler

Did we lose DOQ's? You know, the higher resolution aerial photos that were in black and white. Normally way over at the right where the new button is. I'd much rather have DOQ's than the "satellite" images. The satellite images are useless in most of the country due to horrible resolution. The DOQ's were great for my area.

The topo map data must be really old, since I have been living here for 13 years and my street, actually the whole sub division doesn't even show on the topo maps. But the maps do look neat.

The data looks very similar (identical?) to the stuff that comes with the NTDB downloads. My impression is that street detail was never a priority on these maps (which is why I source my road data from Geobase, rather than the NTDB stuff).

Did we lose DOQ's? You know, the higher resolution aerial photos that were in black and white. Normally way over at the right where the new button is. I'd much rather have DOQ's than the "satellite" images. The satellite images are useless in most of the country due to horrible resolution. The DOQ's were great for my area.

This is CANADA....... We don't get aerial photos.