The site was updated today with the following fixes:

General

• Removed references to "stash" in the cache note
  • Added GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit Icon to cache_types.aspx
  • Text change on cache_types.aspx
  • Pocket Query searches which cross 180 degrees longitude no longer break
  • Added language to Geocaching Disclaimer which clarifies cache ownership
  • Added missing link to Geocoin FAQ
  • Added an error message when entering an incorrect PIN on the Field Notes page
  • Banner image dates correspond to log date instead of EXIF data
  • Fixed an exploit on the WAP site which compromised unpublished caches
  • Fixed URL to gallery on CITO page

Caches

• Returned appropriate cache attributes to Event and CITO cache pages
  • Fixed issue with cache decryption resulting in duplicate descriptions
  • Topozone maps on cache pages have been replaced with MyTopo maps
  • Text change to GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit cache pages

Mapping

• Disabled caches now properly displayed on Geocaching Google Maps list
  • Added Yahoo maps to the home coordinates page

Accounts

• Usernames with a space in front of the name have had the space removed (report any login problems to contact@geocaching.com)
  • Fixed issue with forgotten password service failing on emails with "+" signs

Please let us know in this thread about any problems related to this update. If you just want to discuss any of the items in this list please create a new thread. Thanks!

img links in the description still have the rel and title attributes stripped. Any word on this? Is it being reconsidered? Is there some reason not to restore this capability? I can wait if required, but it's frustrating to get no feedback on a problem reported by quite a few people.

Edward

This page still works, but are there any links pointing here?

On the front page, there's a link "Check out the recent logs"

IMO:

The feature that the 'error message page' redirects and "corrupts" the url

so that you can't just refresh to get the page you wanted is really annoying.

Yes, not so good.

I haven't been getting any emails from GC since the update/site off-line this morning. I see that there have been logs to my TB's - but nothing is coming thru on email. Is this related to the update?

I have had a dozen or so Geocaching emails today since the update. There hasn't been any action on my caches or bugs though so I can't help with that part.

I haven't been getting any emails from GC since the update/site off-line this morning. I see that there have been logs to my TB's - but nothing is coming thru on email. Is this related to the update?

I have had a dozen or so Geocaching emails today since the update. There hasn't been any action on my caches or bugs though so I can't help with that part.

In another thread OpinioNate mentioned that Comcast is throttling emails again. Could that be the problem?

[*]Banner image dates correspond to log date instead of EXIF data

For a second I thought it was about the Gallery. Will someone at least acknowledge the problem described here? It would be nice to hear from someone if I'm not just crazy and eventually if it will or not be on the TO DO list.

I don't matter if it takes a week or a month but since this hobby will be taking a part of my life for the next years I would really like to display the correct dates so my memory will serve me better when later I will look back in time.

Thank you.

Thanks for the fixes and enhancements! A question about one of them In the new MyTopo maps, is there a way to make it display an "X" or something at the location you're mapping (the way the Google maps display an arrow)? I didn't see an option to make it do that, as there was on the topozone maps, but I probably just missed it. Thanks.

It's minor, but the 'MyTopo' in between the two google maps is rather annoying, IMO.

The two 'google maps' maps links should be adjacent as they always were.

We also still need a map link for MS Live Maps. (far superior to MS MapPoint)

-Ben

Today we updated the site with the following fixes:
  • An ampersand in a Travel Bug name no longer breaks formatting during activation

Please feel free to comment in this thread on these changes and report any unusual site behavior. Thanks!

I don't know if anyone else reported this, but this has regressed and is now working like it was before the fix. B) Might this be re-fixed sometime soon? If so, I'll hold off on activating all the new coins I got at GeoWoodstock VI. B)

I didn't see this mentioned. Is this regression still an issue, or can I start activating my geocoins again. <_<

--Marky

img links in the description still have the rel and title attributes stripped. Any word on this? Is it being reconsidered? Is there some reason not to restore this capability? I can wait if required, but it's frustrating to get no feedback on a problem reported by quite a few people.

I've been waiting for a fix or news on this situation as well. In another thread it was implied that the missing attributes would be reinstated.

Any word?

Please let us know in this thread about any problems related to this update. If you just want to discuss any of the items in this list please create a new thread. Thanks!

I am not sure, if my problem has anything to do with your update, but since May 30, I cannot see any cache-pages or the google-maps-page anymore. I did not access your page between May27 and May 30. All I get is an empty page (really empty with 0 bytes html-source). This happens in IE, FF2, FF3 beta5, FF3 RC1 and even Plucker (FF3 RC1 displays an XML-error that says that there is no source to parse...).

I did not change the configuration on my side for about half a year and the rest of my internet-access is working fine.

My configuration:

NAT-Router (Netgear)

Two laptops (WLAN), one desktop.

All are running Windows XP, SP2.

My working-laptop does not even have a firewall (strange, but true).

Do you have any clue if this kind of behaviour might have anything to do with your update?

I think the most likely point of failure is my router, since all computers behind it have the same problem (and apparently not many people besides me have this issue). Did you change anything that might mess it up? Perhaps some encoding or something similar the router cannot deal with?

Thank you

I was travelling in Belgium and Germany the last two weeks and accessing Geocaching.com from hotel PCs. I noticed that none of the Google Maps or the maps on the cache pages were working. I could see a map on the cache page, but could not zoom it at all.

I wonder if this is related to these recent updates? The PCs were running Windows (XP, I believe), but I do not know anything else about versions. I have accessed Geocaching.com pages from these exact hotel PCs in the past without any problems.

I made some more tests and found out that Plucker seems to be messing up my router. After the last usage of Plucker, it takes some time until any computer behind the router can access geocaching.com again. When I use Plucker then, the page is messed up again.

the hide and seek a cache the search by zip or postal code has problems, I tried to do a 5 mile search on a

particular zip code and it shows me the 100 mile search. I know it takes time to fix all the bugs, but the new look was needed.