My first hide

I'm a reviewer so I can see your cache. Your reviewer will likely post a form letter about your choice of a one star terrain rating. Can a person in a wheelchair access this lamp post? If so, consider adding the "Cache Attribute" for handicapped accessibility. If not, then your terrain rating should be at least 1.5 stars.

Well, It's not your typical LPC. It's not a film canister. Plus, we don't have a lot of caches in Thomasville, NC

Every new cache helps, in my opinion.

It took me a minute to figure out which NASCAR driver was from Thomasville...

Just out of curiosity, what is not 'a lot of caches'? My fave 'density-o-meter' is to either check page 25 or run a standard, no limits on the cache-type, PQ from my home coordinates and see just how many miles out 500 caches will take me.

Currently, not counting caches I've found, I only end up 38 miles away from home... I used to have to travel 75+ miles to get anything... back in the early days, anyway.

Guess I'd better get busy.

I've been caching in and around Thomasville and quite honestly, as with most areas in NC never felt the state was sorely lacking in micro-caches. Micro-caching is big business down there: from my home in NC, there were 500 caches within 10 miles. Removing all micro's and unknowns from the PQ put me somewhere in the 100-mile radius

michelle

Well, It's not your typical LPC. It's not a film canister. Plus, we don't have a lot of caches in Thomasville, NC

Never mind the negativity. I remember placing my first cache - I kept eagerly checking my email every five minutes to see if someone had found it yet. Mine was a large tupperware container hidden in a sizeable rock pile - another cache placement people typically hate.

Didn't matter. It was still a thrill to have people find it. I hope you get as much fun out of your first hide. :anibad:

I really wanted to place the cache here, because I had a nifty name for it, and could explain a little but about the history of something. That's the main reason.

LPC because of the lack of place to put it.

I have an ammo can that I plan on placing near this cache. I was going to place that here, but couldn't find a decent place for it.

and by "not a lot of caches" I mean that in Thomasville there are less than 15. I know that in neighboring cities of High Point and Greensboro, there are well over 100 - 200. Not a lot means exactly that. Not a lot, in comparison to other cities locally.

I really wanted to place the cache here, because I had a nifty name for it, and could explain a little but about the history of something. That's the main reason.

I have an ammo can that I plan on placing near this cache. I was going to place that here, but couldn't find a decent place for it.

and by "not a lot of caches" I mean that in Thomasville there are less than 15. I know that in neighboring cities of High Point and Greensboro, there are well over 100 - 200. Not a lot means exactly that. Not a lot, in comparison to other cities locally.

Don't listen to the naysayers. Some people will complain about paper cuts if they are swimming in $100 bills.

LPC's are perfectly viable caches. They work best if it is a cool place though.

When your cache is published read the logs and use them (what people like or don't) to form your next hide. Take what you learn there and apply it the NEXT time. And so it goes....

Soon you will be hiding 10 stage multi's that folks rave about. But some will still whine. The more "cool" caches you place the more others will take to the game. They in turn will hide more. And more will join. And so it goes....

Thanks for hiding a cache though!

Don't listen to the naysayers.

The quoted advise IMHO is bad advise. If you surround yourself with nothing but Yes Men... you will not receive the full impact of public opinion.

Even though the OP provided valid reasons and even looked for a place for a full-sized cache, seeing both sides of the coin is desirable. You will get a feel for a general consensus and make a more educated decision as a result.

Numbers are not everything, this is one of eight caches within a one mile radius... just how many should there be?

Placement is important. Judging from your name and description of the Tyr origin, I would expect something a little more challenging, unique... a find would make someone feel victorious as if a battle was won, not just adding another smiley to their stats.

Don't listen to the naysayers. Some people will complain about paper cuts if they are swimming in $100 bills.

LPC's are perfectly viable caches. They work best if it is a cool place though.

When your cache is published read the logs and use them (what people like or don't) to form your next hide. Take what you learn there and apply it the NEXT time. And so it goes....

Soon you will be hiding 10 stage multi's that folks rave about. But some will still whine. The more "cool" caches you place the more others will take to the game. They in turn will hide more. And more will join. And so it goes....

Thanks for hiding a cache though!

OK, I'll take the bait, and chime in as a whining naysayer. Thanks for the "labels" by the way. :wub: How is this an LPC? It looks like it's in the middle of a wooded area to me. Of course I'm guessing outdated Google aerial photo.

The info about Tyr is nice and all, but does this tie in with the location somehow? I've seen many an LPC that attempts to give some totally unrelated information in the cache description, but in the end, they still generate nothing but "Quick grab, TFTC" type of logs.

Edit, never mind, I figured it out. How about this? Honest opinion? Practically no one cares about Tyr and the orgin of Tuesday. A year from now, you'll have 90% 5 word or less quick grab for the smiley to increment the find count by one type logs. I do however applaud you for not having a similar 5 word cache description to go along with the logs. :) The Crimson day of Tyr is quite clever namewise, and you put some thought and research into it.

Oh, and I recommend the Veggie Burger. Best of any similar chain. :rolleyes:

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel