Newbie goofed on the log

A newbie cacher posted the answers to my cache on the log instead of emailing them to me - He encrypted it but I don't want folks to cheat just to up their finds. It seems to be a popular cache and I don't want to have to disable it - can I edit that post to delete the information? If not what can I do short of disabling the cache? I am planning on contacting the person and asking them to edit the information out - but what do I do if he is unwilling to do that?

Thanks - HamsterMom

A newbie cacher posted the answers to my cache on the log instead of emailing them to me - He encrypted it but I don't want folks to cheat just to up their finds. It seems to be a popular cache and I don't want to have to disable it - can I edit that post to delete the information? If not what can I do short of disabling the cache? I am planning on contacting the person and asking them to edit the information out - but what do I do if he is unwilling to do that?

Thanks - HamsterMom

You go to his log click on view on seperarte page and hit delete then yes. Send them an email about relogging the cache.

Thanks for the advice! I did ask him to delete the info. I'll give it a couple days then delete it myself if he doesn't do it.

HamsterMom

You have just described how it's usually done on encrypted ones. If it was not encrypted, I would delete it right away and write the logger and invite hme to log his find.