2008 Tennessee Micro Geocoin...

BackBrakeBilly

Just wanted to give a sneak peek at a upcoming geocoin.....

The coins will be 31/32" x 31/32" and 2mm thick.

Only 250 coins will be made.

They will be trackable at gc.com with a unique new icon...

tnmicronp8.jpg

Just a little more information on the geocoins...

Pricing of the coins will be $6.00 per coin + $2.50 for S&H for up to 5 coins and then it goes up a bit. Shipping outside the US will be more depending on where.

We are taking reservations for the coins and then as soon as they go into production we will start collecting the money...

Anyone wanting to get their reservation in now will need to send a email to...

2008tnmicrocoin@gmail.com

Please include the following information in your email...

Caching Nickname

Real Name

Shipping address

# of coins wanted

Paypal Email address

Remember, as of now we are going to do a run of 250 coins so if you want any it's best to get your reservation in quick.....

Edited by BackBrakeBilly

Just wanted to give a sneak peek at a upcoming geocoin.....

The coins will be 31/32" x 31/32" and 2mm thick.

Only 250 coins will be made.

They will be trackable at gc.com with a unique new icon...

tnmicronp8.jpg

Just a little more information on the geocoins...

Pricing of the coins will be $6.00 per coin + $2.50 for S&H for up to 5 coins and then it goes up a bit. Shipping outside the US will be more depending on where.

We are taking reservations for the coins and then as soon as they go into production we will start collecting the money...

Anyone wanting to get their reservation in now will need to send a email to...

Please include the following information in your email...

Caching Nickname

Real Name

Shipping address

# of coins wanted

Paypal Email address

Remember, as of now we are going to do a run of 250 coins so if you want any it's best to get your reservation in quick.....

Can I have one? Please Please?

"Can I have one? Please Please?"

Could that be because of your name :anibad::D ?

These coins are not authorized by any clubs in Tennessee except for Billys club. :):D

I didn't know he needed club's special permission to make a coin.

Edited by icydove

Could that be because of your name :D:unsure: ?

These coins are not authorized by any clubs in Tennessee except for Billys club. :blink::D

Heck, "Billy's Club"(?) didn't even authorize these coins...Did it need to??? :D

Oh yea, I was asked if I would offer any kind of a discount on maybe a 5 pack of the coins and I said why sure so here's the deal...

If anyone wants 5 or more coins the cost goes down to $5.50 a coin.

For the folks already on the list that reserved 5 or more coins, you will be billed the discount price.

Thanks!

These coins are not authorized by any clubs in Tennessee except for Billys club. :blink::D

Heck, "Billy's Club"(?) didn't even authorize these coins...Did it need to??? :D

Oh yea, I was asked if I would offer any kind of a discount on maybe a 5 pack of the coins and I said why sure so here's the deal...

For the folks already on the list that reserved 5 or more coins, you will be billed the discount price.

Thanks!

Authorize may be the wrong word, but don't you think the cachers and or clubs of Tennessee should have some input as to the design if it is a Tennessee coin? Yes or No???

Edited by Tennessee Jed

Thanks!

Authorize may be the wrong word, but don't you think the cachers and or clubs of Tennessee should have some input as to the design if it is a Tennessee coin? Yes or No???

Actually I would think that anyone in the state of Tennessee can do a Tennessee Geocoin. I have talked to more than a few folks from our state that like the design and thats good enough for me. You reside in California Jed so you really don't have any idea whats going on here in Tennessee...

I live in Tennessee, I work in Tennessee and I cache in Tennessee every day. I also talk to other Tennessee cachers every day in the state of Tennessee and so far you are the only person that has expressed any kind of displeasure about this coin. I am sorry I didn't come to you for your approval of the design but since you now reside in California I didn't think it was that important. If you don't like the coin then don't buy it but I have a list of other folks who seem to like it so let it be. Chuck, I am not going to bicker back and forth with you over something that really doesn't concern you so this will be my last response about this matter. I apoligize to all the other good folks who are here for the fun of collecting coins for letting this go this far.

Now back to the fun...

If you like the coins and would like to get on the reservation list then please do, if you don't like the coins then that's ok too, either way.

Thanks...

Heck, I'm just impressed to see a state coin made by someone in the state. We all know how I love people making coins when they've never even been to the place!

Nice and clean design.

Yep, Born here in Tennessee and lived here all my life... :unsure:

Thanks for the good comments on the design....

I think it's a great looking coin , since your giving a discount make my order 5 that way I can give my 3 little Volunteer grandkids each one. They live in Mt Juilet.

Oh by the way if there was a problem with you making this coin design I think Groundspeak would have asked you before they approved it for your codes. (Tennessee should have some input as to the design if it is a Tennessee coin) Hummm never of heard this before for any state coin. USA 45

I think it's a great looking coin , since your giving a discount make my order 5 that way I can give my 3 little Volunteer grandkids each one. They live in Mt Juilet.

Oh by the way if there was a problem with you making this coin design I think Groundspeak would have asked you before they approved it for your codes. (Tennessee should have some input as to the design if it is a Tennessee coin) Hummm never of heard this before for any state coin. USA 45

Thanks for the good comments! :unsure:

I updated your reservation on the list.

'Now back to the fun...

If you like the coins and would like to get on the reservation list then please do, if you don't like the coins then that's ok too, either way.

Thanks....

I guess Billy will have fun when he pulls out his LE's to trade.

Edited by Tennessee Jed

At this time there are no Limited Editions of this coin planned for sale or trade, only 250 coins will be minted in the gold finish, if there is any interest shown in a LE of this coin and one is made then it will be offered for sale to the people that are on the reservation list already in the order that the reservations came in.....

As of yesterday, the order has been sent in for the 250 coin to be minted so the invoices will be sent out soon.

All of the coins are NOT reserved as of now so if you would like to get on the reservation list then see earlier post with the details on how to reserve the coins.

Thanks again...

Since it was bought up, is there any interest in a LE version of this coin?

Just pondering the question....

Thanks!

If you need another metal to reach 250, then sure. As long as it's not copper, you can add 1 to my order.

If it gets done then it would be Silver finish...

Thanks AG...

Still looking for comments...

Latest Update...

According to the tracking info the coins are in the state of Tennessee and due to be delivered Tuesday, As soon as they are delivered we will start packing them up and sending them out to those who have prepaid. There are still some coins not spoken for if you are interested,

Send you request to... 2008tnmicrocoin@gmail.com

Thanks!

The coins arrived at our door this evening! We will start packing them up asap and getting them mailed out...

Here are a couple of pictures of the finished product which turned out very nice! :D

DSCN6463.jpg

DSCN6464.jpg

Still some left for sale, if you would like to purchase here is where to send the order info...

Thanks!

All the packages are packed up and going out in todays mail....

Still have some left for sale if anyone is interested.

Send your request/order to... 2008tnmicrocoin@gmail.com

(Order info in above post)

Thanks for the good comments on the coins, they turned out good! :)

Edited by BackBrakeBilly