ScoutingWV Cointest

ScoutingWV

:D Well, they finally arrived and I couldn't be more happy with them! I want to thank everyone who has given their feedback along the way.

As mentioned above this coin will not be sold. They are strictly trade only. This particular coin also will stop at 100. If I make any other personals they will be different in some way. I've also decided to minimize the number of trades I do by mail for this coin. It doesn't mean I won't, but I've only made 100 of them and would really like as many opportunities as possible to actually meet the folks I trade with and hopefully go caching with them.

Trade offers are now welcome through my profile, but please don't be offended if you ask and we don't work one out. There's always next year! :D

Looks like a trip to Fairmont for a day of caching might be in the planing stages now :blink: even thoug we have

actually met at a few events I don't want the mailing issue to stop me from geting one of your personal cons.

It’s been a while since I’ve been on the forums so I thought I’d pop back in and have a little cointest.

To the best of my knowledge there’s only one of my coins in the hands of someone that lives in a country other than the US. So, I figured I’d try to change that. No particular reason, I’m just sitting in a hotel room and this seemed like a fun thing to do.

Here’s the cointest:

The first 5 people that do not live in the US and email me their mailing address through my profile will get a ScoutingWV geocoin. Only one coin per household will be awarded, and anyone that already has one is disqualified (in case I was wrong about that whole one-coin-out-of-the-country thing).

Remember – send me an email.

Posting to this thread will not get you an entry (although you can certainly post that you sent the email).

Sending a PM will not get you an entry.

No cost to the recipients and no trades required. I only ask that you are a bit patient with the shipping. I’m currently traveling on business and will put the packages together when I return in a couple days.

Not sure if you want the coin? Heck, I don’t blame you. Here’s a link to the original thread so you can see it and read about it.

Good luck and thanks in advance for any interest!

Hello ScoutingWV! Great to hear from you again.

I don't qualify for this cointest because I live in the US and I already have one of these coins.

I am associated with scouting through my two sons, one an Eagle Scout with all 3 palms, the other a Webelo Scout. I collect scout related coins because of my sons and because of the wonderful opportunities scouting affords. I really wanted this coin and eventually, ScoutingWV sent me one of his coins out of the kindness and generosity of his heart, even though I had nothing to trade. This just gives you some inkling of the type of person he is (hence this cointest).

I wanted to post a note to let others know that not only is this an awesome coin and design, but the person behind this coin is even more so! I love the depth of thought that went into every aspect of the design of his coin. I also like that he explains all the meanings of the coin, which makes it much more "personal" and meaningful to all who receive one.

This is truly a special coin for me. Thank you, again, ScoutingWV!

Good luck to all of you who live outside the US on getting one of these beautiful coins!

Edited by Degai

Thx, for the cointest, to bad I was asleep (again) :D

I think we simply shouldn't sleep at all. Always the danger of missing something!

That´s true, especially cointests, most start around 2 or 3 am our time, if it´s a quicky like this one you won´t get a chance to enter :)

Edited by Tschakko

I think we simply shouldn't sleep at all. Always the danger of missing something!

That´s true, especially cointests, most start around 2 or 3 am our time, if it´s a quicky like this one you won´t get a chance to enter B)

There is always a cointest you can not attend to but i think we most be happy, that someone is willing to give cointest and giving coins away.

There are now other winners who are happy they won this cointest.

:) Scoutingwv thanks for giving this cointest and congrats to the winners :D

Edited by Geo.Error

Ahh, bugger my need for sleep, too! It's a really nice looking coin, maybe I'll get another chance to win one some day! Thanks for the Cointest, Scout!

i would have missed this also. i was only awake because my son was having night terrors and he wouldnt settle. so i was sitting infront of the computer cuddling my son trying to calm him down, and at the same time im desprately trying to keep my eyes open and stay awake. im so tired now, and my son has just woken up for his breakfast and is acting like nothing happened.

im jealous of kids when they are like that, i mean i used to be able to go clubbing all night but if i tried that now i think id look like a haggard old lady.

Thanks for the cointest Michael. And you are right - there is no such thing as ex-scouting, it is always there in some way, shape of form.

rattusbaggus is about old enough to start keas, so I should start looking for a Kea Club. (Keas comes before Cub, whom come before Scouts). I'm a little worried about being roped in as a Kea Leader... I think I will strongly resist that one. Traditionally I've been based in the Scout Section as a Troop Leader, and later on an Area Leader. I've been approached several times recently about taking up a high level position again, but have resisted due to time constraints... but sooner of later... it's in my blood so I can't stay away forever :D

Thanks for the cointest Michael. And you are right - there is no such thing as ex-scouting, it is always there in some way, shape of form.

rattusbaggus is about old enough to start keas, so I should start looking for a Kea Club. (Keas comes before Cub, whom come before Scouts). I'm a little worried about being roped in as a Kea Leader... I think I will strongly resist that one. Traditionally I've been based in the Scout Section as a Troop Leader, and later on an Area Leader. I've been approached several times recently about taking up a high level position again, but have resisted due to time constraints... but sooner of later... it's in my blood so I can't stay away forever :anibad:

You are so right Keewee! Our two boys are in Scouts here in Canada. One is a Scout and working on 'Chief Scout' and the other was a silver tail Beaver which is the step before Cubs here (a Kea I guess). We are moving to Perth, AU in August and are excited to try the Scout program there. I have been my daughter's Girl Guide leader for a couple of years now. I'm not sure if she'll go into guides or Cubs when we go.

Knew I should've got up lol....didn't get to sleep for ages last night and was going to get up to make myself a hot drink, but must have nodded off in the end. :anibad:

Never mind, as my lovely gran was always telling us "what's for you won't go by you".....congrats to all the winners of this smashing looking coin (another one that I'd never seen until today!!)....really nice of ScoutingWV for holding such a generous cointest too.

rattusbaggus is about old enough to start keas, so I should start looking for a Kea Club. (Keas comes before Cub, whom come before Scouts). I'm a little worried about being roped in as a Kea Leader... I think I will strongly resist that one. Traditionally I've been based in the Scout Section as a Troop Leader, and later on an Area Leader. I've been approached several times recently about taking up a high level position again, but have resisted due to time constraints... but sooner of later... it's in my blood so I can't stay away forever :unsure:

You are so right Keewee! Our two boys are in Scouts here in Canada. One is a Scout and working on 'Chief Scout' and the other was a silver tail Beaver which is the step before Cubs here (a Kea I guess). We are moving to Perth, AU in August and are excited to try the Scout program there. I have been my daughter's Girl Guide leader for a couple of years now. I'm not sure if she'll go into guides or Cubs when we go.

The best of luck for the big move south :blink:

Merging two threads on the same coin, one coin - one thread.

If your contest is over, and you want the title changed, click on report on your first post, and tell us what you want the new title to be.

These were two threads and two different topics. One was in 2007 about having the coin made, the other was from a few weeks ago and it was a contest for folks outside of the US.

Haven't been in here for a while, but is the intent to now have one thread per coin regardless of the topic?

This contest has been over for some time - by all means close the thread if you need to.

Merging two threads on the same coin, one coin - one thread.

If your contest is over, and you want the title changed, click on report on your first post, and tell us what you want the new title to be.

Are there 2 threads for the same coin? :P

No - Different topics and months apart.