Garmin City Navigator 2008-2009 Maps

I have a base unit GPSMap 60csx, and the other day ordered the 2008 NT City maps for it, it is due in tomorrow. I was talking to Garmin about my car GPS and asked a question about the maps, and he told me they just released the 2009 versions. I asked him if when I register my maps with garmin, will I be able to get the 2009 update free since my purchase of the 2008 and the release of the 2009 was so close together, he said NO.

Has anyone else purchased the 2008 and got a free update to 2009 when they registered their software?

Naked Baby.

I have a base unit GPSMap 60csx, and the other day ordered the 2008 NT City maps for it, it is due in tomorrow. I was talking to Garmin about my car GPS and asked a question about the maps, and he told me they just released the 2009 versions. I asked him if when I register my maps with garmin, will I be able to get the 2009 update free since my purchase of the 2008 and the release of the 2009 was so close together, he said NO.

Has anyone else purchased the 2008 and got a free update to 2009 when they registered their software?

This issue was addressed by several different people in this thread (in which you were the last to post). :D

This issue was addressed by several different people in this thread (in which you were the last to post). :D

i could not find the thread

Naked Baby.

I got a free update. I purchased my unit after 2009 was released.

Naked Baby.

Did you order directly from Garmin?