Midwest Geobash 2008

The Moop Along

With Geowoodstock VI safely behind me, well, it's time for me to start planning the next event. What event might you ask? The largest event in the Midwest of course:

Midwest Geobash

For those of you not able to join us at the event, here's your chance to participate. This year we will be holding a silent auction to defray the costs of the event as it grows. If you are interested in donating geocoins to our silent auction, I am the main contact. I will be running the vendor building and flea market, and helping Jellyfish with the actual silent auction.

I can't promise you a real nice fancy sponsor webpage like Shop99er does for Spring Fling, nor can I promise you riches and glory. However, I will promise that for each auction lot, we will have a display describing the donation AND the person/company/team donating it.

We want to thank you in advance for your help and support of this year's Bash!

The Moop Along

Midwest Geocaching Foundation

Well, the first question rolls in :DWhy can't I promise a fancy sponsor webpage?

Simple. I'm completely web inept. While some of our Foundation members can do that stuff, I just don't know how. Heck, it took me 20 minutes to turn on that ugly green lettering above :laughing:

Anyway, a special thanks for our first donation, a Geocaching Jedi Mystery Geocoin! thanks so much Geocaching Jedi. Your gift is most appreciated.

TMA

Well, the first question rolls in :DWhy can't I promise a fancy sponsor webpage?

Simple. I'm completely web inept. While some of our Foundation members can do that stuff, I just don't know how. Heck, it took me 20 minutes to turn on that ugly green lettering above :)

Anyway, a special thanks for our first donation, a Geocaching Jedi Mystery Geocoin! thanks so much Geocaching Jedi. Your gift is most appreciated.

TMA

Pete, I'm fairly computer illiterate myself...but I might be able to help you with setting up a sponsor page! Give me a yell if you have interest!!

oh and sorry to hear you'll not be joining us for the Lazy Hayes Days!!

Pete,

I will drop you a full set of prntr1 coins, may bring one or two dollars, send me your addy again, in case I lost it.

Hey There Prntr1 We have your coin and it is beautiful, We're sure it will bring in more then just a couple bucks. With one half used to be in the printing business that is still one of his favorite coins. That is very niceof you to donate a set.

By the way Moops, include us in for a couple of donating coins as well for the event.

Barry and Valarie

sweetlife

Is this the same one that PGHlooking was taking donations for earlier?

I sent a lighthouse coin and pin set to him to auction off, but I can't remember what it was for, lol!

Old age sucks!

Naomi :D

I believe that was for the Geocoinfest being held in October.

I have to earn my wings....a geocoin will be sent to you for your silent auction.

Wow, it would be a honor to see you at the MWGB. We plan on being there and we are so glad we have been doing our deed in donating our coins for event comming up. Never seems to amaze us every day all the joy that is spreading around. We hope alot of people at MWGB will be blessed by you Geocaching _Angel

sweetlife

Pete,

I will drop you a full set of prntr1 coins, may bring one or two dollars, send me your addy again, in case I lost it.

Hey There Prntr1 We have your coin and it is beautiful, We're sure it will bring in more then just a couple bucks. With one half used to be in the printing business that is still one of his favorite coins. That is very niceof you to donate a set.

By the way Moops, include us in for a couple of donating coins as well for the event.

Barry and Valarie

sweetlife

Please drop me a line with what you are planning to send if you know :D Donations not need be sent immediately, the event is not until August 7th. They can also be dropped off in person at the event. Thanks.

TMA

Is this the same one that PGHlooking was taking donations for earlier?

I sent a lighthouse coin and pin set to him to auction off, but I can't remember what it was for, lol!

Old age sucks!

Naomi :D

I believe that was for the Geocoinfest being held in October.

You are correct my friend. This will be for Midwest Geobash, a small gathering of 1500 cachers in Indiana this August :)

TMA

Pete,

Barry and Valarie

sweetlife

Please drop me a line with what you are planning to send if you know :anibad: Donations not need be sent immediately, the event is not until August 7th. They can also be dropped off in person at the event. Thanks.

TMA

We will send them to you okay TMA

Hope this helps, always will to lend a helping hand, or help for a event any way we can.

sweetlife

Pete,

Barry and Valarie

sweetlife

Please drop me a line with what you are planning to send if you know :unsure: Donations not need be sent immediately, the event is not until August 7th. They can also be dropped off in person at the event. Thanks.

TMA

We will send them to you okay TMA

Hope this helps, always will to lend a helping hand, or help for a event any way we can.

sweetlife

Email sent with address. Thanks very much.

TMA

I've just got to ask, sorry if it is off topic, but where do you put all those people?

Our events are pretty mild by those terms, we get from 20 to maybe 100? in our little bit of down under. wow, must be loads of coin collectors in those parts.

Cheers

Gayle & Mark

I've just got to ask, sorry if it is off topic, but where do you put all those people?

Our events are pretty mild by those terms, we get from 20 to maybe 100? in our little bit of down under. wow, must be loads of coin collectors in those parts.

Cheers

Gayle & Mark

It's not a coin collecting event. It's a big relaxing four day campout, at a fairgrounds. We rent the entire place, and have 100s of acres at our disposal. We do have coin collecting mixed in. Last year we had 1500 people, and the event expenses are growing every year. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the inquiry

Ok, so here's a quick recap of what I have so far. The amount of coins in one week just boggles my mind. These coins are also mixed up in no particular order, you know who you are and what you sent:

Dark Knight Mystery coin # 071 ;)

CoinsandPins Personal Gold

GCC December 2007 Silver

Team Lightning Bugs trackable Blue Glitter

Geocaching Angel #181 :o

Geocoinfest MultiEvent Black Nickel Volunteer

Four Musketeers Assassin Black Gold XLE

Four Musketeers Royalist Blue Gold XLE

Four Musketeers Cardinal Red Gold XLE

Four Musketeers Imperial Purple Gold XLE

Four Musketeers Cavalier Green Gold XLE

Geoswag Coin and Pin Club July 2007 with matching pin

Geoswag Coin and Pin Club May 2007 with matching pin

Geocache Ohio 2007 XLE Sandblasted Gold Governor's Edition

Geocaching Jedi Antique Silver #162 ;)

Minnesota 2007 Silver

WWFM III Bling Geocoin

Night Hunter 2008 Blue Glitter

Night Hunter 2008 Black

GeoGuitar Personalized Red/Black

WOOT! :D

I received a bunch of coins this past week, but life had me slammed :( If you're wondering did your package make it, please feel free to email me. Off the top of my head, I know I remember an Easter Naveggation, a set of WV 2007 coins, and a Geocoin Bug Esquire.

TMA

glad to see mine arrived - the easter NAV coin. i was wondering!

lara