Camping Event Bookmark List

i am fairly new and havent been able to attend any events. all the scottish events are too far away. i know that many of you think thats what makes the event worth traveling to,, but i cannot do that. i m solitary in my geocaching hobby in this house, and i have a very young child to tag along.

i would like it if an event could be held in or very ear to inverness, maybe even north of inverness. i just cant travel hundreds of miles with a kid and a muggle husband, just so that i can enjoy myself for a day.

i am fairly new and havent been able to attend any events. all the scottish events are too far away. i know that many of you think thats what makes the event worth traveling to,, but i cannot do that. i m solitary in my geocaching hobby in this house, and i have a very young child to tag along.

i would like it if an event could be held in or very ear to inverness, maybe even north of inverness. i just cant travel hundreds of miles with a kid and a muggle husband, just so that i can enjoy myself for a day.

Why not host an event?

I host a quarterly pub event... dead easy, all I actually do is to ring the pub and book a load of tables!

If you have kids, why not do a Sunday afternoon event? you'll be suprised how easy it is to host, and how many people will travel, plus you get to meet other like minded nutters, and perhaps find someone you can go out caching with!

Yeah but for those people moving over to "The Other Side" that ain't much use is it Mr Mod

Then it's up to them to stay loyal to this UK forum and sit it out, if they want to access things like that list that have been made here.

Huhhhh, it was a joke - check out the smilies in my original post :D

Edited by The Cache Hoppers
Yeah but for those people moving over to "The Other Side" that ain't much use is it Mr Mod

Then it's up to them to stay loyal to this UK forum and sit it out, if they want to access things like that list that have been made here.

Huhhhh, it was a joke - check out the smilies (in my original post, not the one you quoted which seems to have missed them off) :D

Yeah bad quoting going on lol. No sorry I understand that it was a joke, there just seems to be a lot of huff and puff about migrating to GAGB or not! I just feel that instead of making such a fuss people should either just go, or stay here and get on with it! But anywho... I digress.

Will be attending the OXON Camping event next month :) Can't wait to see everyone :D

Why not host an event?

I host a quarterly pub event... dead easy, all I actually do is to ring the pub and book a load of tables!

If you have kids, why not do a Sunday afternoon event? you'll be suprised how easy it is to host, and how many people will travel, plus you get to meet other like minded nutters, and perhaps find someone you can go out caching with!

i would like to do that. but i wasnt sure if cachers would come along to the event considering im not a well known name on the website like some of you are.

plus im not very good at organising things, and last but not least theres not many cachers this far north of inverness.

id like to tempt you all up here though.

so the question is.....if i tried to organise a one day event (to start with) would many of you come up to caithness?

Why not host an event?

i would like to do that. but i wasnt sure if cachers would come along to the event considering im not a well known name on the website like some of you are.

Don't be scared.

Last summer I put on my first event, just a simple picnic (the sun held) with a handful of new caches placed on the day, and a modest 30 people showed up.

This year I'm organising my second event (with a few others), where a not so modest 800 people look like they are turning up :D

No matter the size of the event, as long as you've put the effort in people will appreciate it and enjoy themselves.