Going For A Burton (gFAB 2008)

Another weekend's camping and caching opportunity - for more info please click here. :laughing:

e5f9cb01-df3e-484d-84a5-3c2215a875ca.jpg

Looks good to me, I'll be there as a day visitor - this one is even close enough for me to wobble to on my bike! Looks like the Derbyshire cachers group is on the case for this one, so caching should be good!

Look our for caches from:

UK89Camaro: Cache container could be anything.

The Web Rats: Caches within staggering distance of the event.

TeamGB: Nice countryside walks.

For anyone attending, you should come prepared knowing what a 'Friedel Micro' is:

c0a400d4-594a-4ad5-816c-cea882412f5c.jpg

Very impressed with the Derbyshire cachers .... offers of help within hours of the event going live. What a lovely bunch :D:anibad::D

Hi folks,

I've put three down in woods local to beehive Farm today, with another 3 to come. Webrats have put another two down. All of them in nice woodland with a bit of a walk, so great for kids and geomutz. We don't do rubbish micro caches round here, class caches only. (I think we are a a little spoilt being in the heart of the national forest though.)

Pklong has an excellent puzzle cache near Ashby, if anyone cares to divert that way. Code 39. The Webrats have an equally excellent puzzle at castle gresley, Cretu's White Lady. Both puzzles can be solved on t'interweb in advance.

Look forward to meeting you.

Paul

Do any locals know if there are any other sites nearby? Nearest I can find is five miles away.

There is plenty of room on the event site. When you make your booking you need to state that you are with the Geocaching rally - therirusual rule about large tents does not apply because we are a rally. If anyone has any problem booking, please let me know via email so I can sort it quickly. Thanks, Liane [:mad:]

I had a hugely confusing exchange with the campsite that went roughly like this:

Me: I'd like to book blah blah blah

Them: Sorry we're full with a rally, would you like to book for another weekend?

Me: I'm with the geocaching group

Them: Sorry we're full with a rally, would you like to book for another weekend?

Me:Errr... that would defeat the object rather!

Liane got involved then all of a sudden there was room, and plenty of it it seems.

All very odd, but seems there's lots of room.

Hazel, you mentioned that you wouldn't know til last minute whether you could make it or not ... we will squeeze you in, no worries. :)

Ta Liane...

If I can get the kitchen decorated the weekend before I'll be there from Thursday... if not, then Friday night!!!!!

Too much to do and so little time!!

One week left to sign up!!! Can anyone who hasn't yet paid their deposit please get in touch with the campsite - see event page for details. Thanks. Still room for a few more if you are quick! (Hazel - don't worry ... keeping a place for you :yikes: )

(I will be offline from this evening until Monday evening so won't be able to respond to any queries/emails/posts but will deal with them on my return, cheers, Liane)