Garmin Customer Service ROCKS!

I just had to post to share my AWESOME experience with Garmin's Customer Service. Unfortunately my car got broken into and the jackass stole the power cord & mount to my NuVi 660. The good one with the FM traffic receiver in it! Luckily I didn’t leave the Unit itself in the car! So I called Garmin to find out about replacing it and they sent me a whole new mount & power cord AT NO CHARGE! Granted it wasn’t the FM receiver one but wholly cow, how cool is that! I already have an eTrex Vista cx, GPS Map 60 Csx & the Nuvi but I will continue to buy Garmin products from now on with service like that!

TWO BIG THUMBS UP!

I am with you guys. I bought City Navigator NT 2008 on an SD card in March. When I saw that they had come out with 2009, I emailed customer service that I wished I had known they were going to release 2009 so quickly. They told me to send in the 08 and they would send me the 09. Now that's what I call service. Thanks, Garmin.

I must be in the rare few that had an absolutely horrible experience with them. First lady I talked to for replacing my Colorado gave me a brush off. She told me she would have to have a reciept faxed to her showing it was purchased in the last year... (Yeah, it hasnt been out that long.) Second guy I talked to was the most apathetic person in the world. You could tell he hated his job and hated that he was talking to me even more. I hung up on both of them and haven't bothered to call them back.

I must be in the rare few that had an absolutely horrible experience with them. First lady I talked to for replacing my Colorado gave me a brush off. She told me she would have to have a reciept faxed to her showing it was purchased in the last year... (Yeah, it hasnt been out that long.) Second guy I talked to was the most apathetic person in the world. You could tell he hated his job and hated that he was talking to me even more. I hung up on both of them and haven't bothered to call them back.

She probably wanted your receipt to show that you bought it new at retail, not used. As for the other guy, why didn't you ask to be bumped up to someone that cared? Didn't you want your Colorado replaced? You're going to let one guy's attitude prevent you from making Garmin enforce honor their warranty?

Edited by JSWilson64