Trail Cameras

The thought has crossed my mind, but most caches are visited only a few times a week/month. The amount of animals (and wind moved foliage) that would activate it would waste a lot of film/batteries. And it's likely to get stolen if left in place a long time.

Just my 2 cents worth.

The thought has crossed my mind, but most caches are visited only a few times a week/month. The amount of animals (and wind moved foliage) that would activate it would waste a lot of film/batteries. And it's likely to get stolen if left in place a long time.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Newer trail cameras are IR activated now so that takes care of false positives. They are also coming out with camo covers to make them more difficult to see although it was meant to fool animals and not people.

ya , but , what if me n the ole lady get all caught up in the alone in the wilderness thing ? isnt that a invasion of privacy ?

I imagine the first thing we need to establish is whether or not the two of you would be inhibited by a streaming video, piped directly to the net.

ya , but , what if me n the ole lady get all caught up in the alone in the wilderness thing ? isnt that a invasion of privacy ?

The legal argument is that you can not expect privacy in a place that is publicly accessible.

Gof 1,,Well then.. i think we should have cameras on all the nations highways that record the plate numbers with there speed and the national dept will be paid off in no time....

Lots of places use cameras to enforce traffic laws. The most common use is for traffic light enforcement.

Didn't take long for that topic to wander did it.

I belong to a hunting forum where one of the threads is for trailcam pics.

The new BassPro Cataloge came today and I was looking at the new cams and one thing led to another and my original posted question came to mind. Now if someone wants to put on a show for the camera .......

Thats another thread.

Edited by Pat in Louisiana

Sorry about that. At least we weren't swinging the clubs at each other.

I don't know of any caches that have been rigged with a trail cam, but one local cacher has been known to personally wait for the FTF with his camera in hand. Is that a sasquatch behind that tree? No, it's just CC again.