Update for Lets go Mega Camping in Ripon

LETS GO MEGA CAMPING IN RIPON

Update !

Due to the huge numbers that are now attending this event with over 250 campers and over 80 units the owners of the campsite have now requested that ALL campers must pre-book a camping place.

There is a link on the cache page to the campsite

Please state geocaching when you book and for all those not requiring electric please state that you require the geocaching field.

For those requiring electric hookup (18 notified to date but only 10 booked with the site) please also request this at the time of the booking. You will be placed on the main campsite.

ALL Campers wishing to attend MUST book please ring and book directly with the campsite.

Thank you for your understanding

Please be considerate and only ring the campsite during office hours of 10am to 3pm

YOU DONT HAVE TO RUSH... There is plenty of room.... Please dont all ring tomorrow

ALL Campers wishing to attend MUST book please ring and book directly with the campsite.

I've just finished calling and booking isn't quite as simple as that. They would like you to fill out their online booking form. They didn't want to take my booking over the phone.

I've just finished calling and booking isn't quite as simple as that. They would like you to fill out their online booking form. They didn't want to take my booking over the phone.

I've just filled in the online form and emailed it off. I've also sent a £20 cheque in the snail mail for the deposit. Don't forget to mention somewhere that you are with the Geocachers!)

Just to clarify

Booking with the site IS required for all campers.

Please use the on-line booking form on the camping site website and mention geocaching somewhere on the boxes

You will receive an email back confirming the booking

Only contact the camping site by telephone if a problem occurs

A £20 deposit will be required if you are booking electric and staying on the main campsite. All other campers may pay in full at the time of arrival.

The campsite have received a few £20 cheques from non electric payers and these will be kept against the final cost... its up to you if you want to pay a deposit in this case.

In respect of the food element you will need to provide your own food for the length of your stay. The nearest supermarket is around 10 miles away but there are a couple of village shops nearby.

There is a small campshop on site but be warned food is limited especially if everyone wants to stock up from it. There is also a pub on site which serves food, but again this will be busy !!!

In respect of the BBQ on the Saturday night please just wait and see... we are currently organising a hog roast/Burger/Sausage BBQ which will be published later. We shall be collecting orders soon and cash will more than likely be collected on the night.

Robin

Harrogate Hunters

Mega Event Committee

I booked through the web thingy last night and this morning got a nice email saying I was put in the 'book' so I asume I have a place to put my lil ol tent :D was easy peasy! all I can say is I'm looking forward to this !!

I done mine 24 hours ago and haven't heard anything back. :anibad: Sent my cheque off this morning.

I booked through the web thingy last night and this morning got a nice email saying I was put in the 'book' so I asume I have a place to put my lil ol tent :D was easy peasy! all I can say is I'm looking forward to this !!

I done mine 24 hours ago and haven't heard anything back. :anibad: Sent my cheque off this morning.

Dont worry you will !

I spoke to the owner about an hour ago and she said she has been un-indated with bookings !!!

They have a huge pile they are working through, so hopefully they will catch up ! (dont forget its also half term and they are also trying to run a busy campsite !)

Any problems contact me first !

Robin

Harrogate Hunters

UK Mega Event Committee

I booked through the web thingy last night and this morning got a nice email saying I was put in the 'book' so I asume I have a place to put my lil ol tent :huh: was easy peasy! all I can say is I'm looking forward to this !!

I done mine 24 hours ago and haven't heard anything back. :lol: Sent my cheque off this morning.

Dont worry you will !

I spoke to the owner about an hour ago and she said she has been un-indated with bookings !!!

They have a huge pile they are working through, so hopefully they will catch up ! (dont forget its also half term and they are also trying to run a busy campsite !)

Any problems contact me first !

Robin

Harrogate Hunters

UK Mega Event Committee

Although I have had correspondence (which I initiated), I still haven't had confirmation. Cheque's been cashed though, so hopefully that means I have my pitch booked? :lol:

I sent the booking using their online form, didn't get a confirmation so a few days later sent them a mail asking if they'd received the booking and they replied that the form had been corrupted in some way & they didn't have any details, so I replied with a regular mail giving the details. Another couple of days later I asked again for confirmation and they said it had gone in their diary.

I sent the booking using their online form, didn't get a confirmation so a few days later sent them a mail asking if they'd received the booking and they replied that the form had been corrupted in some way & they didn't have any details, so I replied with a regular mail giving the details. Another couple of days later I asked again for confirmation and they said it had gone in their diary.

That might be the problem then? I used the online booking and got no answer. Emailed them to ask if they had received my cheque, said they had a pile of letters still to get through. Now that they have cashed my cheque I may be in the diary but they haven't sent me confirmation, despite my email address being on the booking form that I sent with my cheque.

I'll email them again.