How long can you hold on to a travel bug?

Hellolost

I picked up a travel bug yesterday who is on a really long journey. I would like to take it at least another 200 miles on a trip I am taking. However I am not going until June 21. Is that to long to hold it? Should I just release it around here again? It is trying to go to as many states as possible and I would be moving it almost to the border of another state it hasn't been to yet.

I picked up a travel bug yesterday who is on a really long journey. I would like to take it at least another 200 miles on a trip I am taking. However I am not going until June 21. Is that to long to hold it? Should I just release it around here again? It is trying to go to as many states as possible and I would be moving it almost to the border of another state it hasn't been to yet.

Email the owner and ask them if your plan is ok with them.

If you think you can help the bug on its mission, but can't do it right away, it's always best to ask the owner. You can contact them through their profile page. Only they have the real answer. Sometimes you might find the owner doesn't answer right away. They may not even be active cachers anymore. This particular owner last visited the site in January of this year, so you may or may not receive a reply. In which case, take it along with you on your travels for a while, and if you still have no answer, you could take it on your trip and release it then. It's always best to ask the owner. There is more information about travel bugs in the pinned thread at the top of this forum.