Celebration/Special Occasion Travel Bugs?

Nochipra

Hi all,

I was in a certain forum the other day of a podcast that I think a lot of us know and love. I'm not sure if I can name the podcast here but they were the main host of the WWFM events and send us their great podcast from San Diego, CA. I think I can say their real names though. Of course I'm talking about Sonny and Sandy. Anyway, for those who don't know they have adopted a new baby boy named Sean. This got me to thinking of geocaching ways to celebrate these kinds of special events in people's lives whether it be a birthday, anniversary or whatever. I was thinking of starting a notebook travel bug for baby Sean where people can write a "welcome to the world" message in it. This type of tb doesn't necessarily have to have a dealine to a certain cache as long the person it is meant for eventually gets it and can keep it as a memto. Something like a birthday tb could have a deadline to reach a certain cache by that cache owners birthday. What do you all think about this type of tb and has anyone done something like this before? If so, I'd like to here about it. Thanks.

Yes, A TB with a book to sign/write in has been done before. Just make sure you include a quality baggie to keep it dry. You could also just have people post a message in their log on line.

Don't pin your hopes on having your bug arrive at a particular place on time. There's no guarantee it'll make it.

Edited by BlueDeuce