Michigan coin with no code? ... can anyone help me?

GnOArmyChicks

while out caching (naturally) last night not far from home in Georgia, we stumbled on a coin from Michigan in a micro. we pickied it up to move on it's way, only to find, when we went to log it, that the tracking code seems to have been scratched off :anibad:

i am hoping that someone here may be able to help on tracking down the code, or the owner, or some kind of lead to figure out how to log it, since it does appear to have been trackable in the past.

the side of the coin where the code should be is an image of Michigan, devided into four areas, each in a different color (yellow, green, blue and orange), with footsteps passing through each of the four areas. the top edge says "Four Chapters * One Community", and the bottom edge says "Michigan Geocachers Organization"

on the other side of the coin is an image of a light house shining light in four directions, with a green edge that says "Fort Gratiot Light" on top and "Port Huron, Michigan 1825" on the bottom.

i know it's a long shot to find out any info on this coin, so i am not holding my breath, but if anyone has any ideas as to the origins of this coin, i would be so greatful. i am hoping that i can atleast add a card to the coin pouce with the code so that it can keep on being trackable.

thanks much

an ArmyChick

Edited by GnOArmyChicks

Is it this one?

649.gif

If I remember correctly there were some error coins of that one. Those won't be trackable and you may have found one of those.

Edit to add picture

that's the one! so even though it looks like the code is scratched off, it's not really? cool. guess it can go in the collection, or another cache :anibad:

thanks

Is it this one?

649.gif

If I remember correctly there were some error coins of that one. Those won't be trackable and you may have found one of those.

Edit to add picture

that's the one! so even though it looks like the code is scratched off, it's not really? cool. guess it can go in the collection, or another cache :D

thanks

This is correct. Those coins had errors and the codes were removed! It's now a great swag item, a collectible coin or a trade item. I hope you did trade for it (but realize you had no idea and likely didn't)! :anibad:

Congrats!!

I hope you did trade for it (but realize you had no idea and likely didn't)! :D

Congrats!!

it was in a mirco (a magentic key holder) and was pretty well crammed into it. i'm really surprised that it fit, but yeah, we were looking at it as a trackable, so we didn't trade, although our usual trade items would not have fit in this particular container :anibad:

we are usually good about trading even/up. now i feel bad.

Congrats!!

it was in a mirco (a magentic key holder) and was pretty well crammed into it. i'm really surprised that it fit, but yeah, we were looking at it as a trackable, so we didn't trade, although our usual trade items would not have fit in this particular container :anibad:

Nah, I was "funnin" with you! BUT, I'm surprised it fit in a keyholder...WOW!! Someone really wanted to leave it there!!

CONGRATS!!

Congrats!!

Just Pay It Forward and leave something in another cache for it!!!

I found the same Port Huron, Michigan 1825 Fort Gratiot Lighthouse coin in Schaumburg, Illinois tonight.

There is no Tracking Number on it. :D

Sounds like you also found one of the error coins where the tracking number was taken off. They make a pretty cool swag item