Pocket Inquiry

Have Colorado 300. I go to Generate Pocket Inquiry, fill out all the filter boxes, and submit. I have done this 3 or 4 times, but I never have gotten an e-mail with GPX file. I have checked profile and e-mail address is OK.. The last time I checked box "use alternate e-mail" and put my address in there.

My ISP has a spam filter that puts "Spam" in the subject of suspicious files and I have also checked there - no message...I can go to my profile page and there is a box there that lists the file I initiated, with box to archive, but I thought i was supposed to get an e mail in a few minutes that I could open in GSAK and transfer to Colorado.

Isn't this the way it is supposed to work? Anyone have ideas on what I am doing wrong, or anything that i could check?? TIF..................

... but I thought i was supposed to get an e mail in a few minutes that I could open in GSAK and transfer to Colorado.

Isn't this the way it is supposed to work? Anyone have ideas on what I am doing wrong, or anything that i could check?? TIF..................

When I set it up the files did not get emailed to me until the next day I scheduled it for. It was not immediate.

Have Colorado 300. I go to Generate Pocket Inquiry, fill out all the filter boxes, and submit. I have done this 3 or 4 times, but I never have gotten an e-mail with GPX file. I have checked profile and e-mail address is OK.. The last time I checked box "use alternate e-mail" and put my address in there.

My ISP has a spam filter that puts "Spam" in the subject of suspicious files and I have also checked there - no message...I can go to my profile page and there is a box there that lists the file I initiated, with box to archive, but I thought i was supposed to get an e mail in a few minutes that I could open in GSAK and transfer to Colorado.

This was very confusing to me as well. The way I was able to get it to work was to uncheck the queries after they had been checked for about 15 minutes. The queries were then emailed to me.

Did you preview the caches on line? A common error is to check the box "include caches I haven't found" and "include caches I have found". The search then returns only those caches that you have both found and haven't found. It is a really short list.

If the preview shows caches, then did you save the search? If so, go to the saved search page and see if a day of the week is check for it to send you the caches you requested.

... but I thought i was supposed to get an e mail in a few minutes that I could open in GSAK and transfer to Colorado.

When I set it up the files did not get emailed to me until the next day I scheduled it for. It was not immediate.

I haven't received ANY e-mails from my inquiries - some of which was 3 or 4 days ago.....

K4HHA

Don't check anything in the attributes section (the one with the little icons of various things). I had a similar problem and when I skipped these items it worked fine.

Also, remember the GC clock is probably in a different time zone, so today your time may be tomorrow on their time.

Edited by qlenfg

OK Gang............Found the problem!! The first few attempts I didn't check a day to run in the "days" boxes. Of couse, it didn't run. Then today, trying again, I checked Mon (well, it seems like Monday, doesn't it??) Then when I figured out which day it is, I'm up and running the list, and editing stuff out. I have not tried to transfer it to Colorado 300 yet tho. Thanks for everyone's responses to my stupidity......

OK Gang............Found the problem!! The first few attempts I didn't check a day to run in the "days" boxes. Of couse, it didn't run. Then today, trying again, I checked Mon (well, it seems like Monday, doesn't it??) Then when I figured out which day it is, I'm up and running the list, and editing stuff out. I have not tried to transfer it to Colorado 300 yet tho. Thanks for everyone's responses to my stupidity......

Ha, I did that the first time too!

Transferring it to the 300 is as simple as exporting the .gpx file from the ZIP to your drive when the 300 is connected...mine for example is E:\Garmin\GPX, but that may not be true for your computer. Should be good to go from then on.